Educational

Author Topic: Lakota to file UN Genocide Charges Against US  (Read 938 times)

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
Re: Lakota to file UN Genocide Charges Against US
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 07:19:42 PM »
So how do you conclude that natives are acting the same as the gov't officials?

Are they kidnapping white children, labeling them special needs, and deliberately putting them with Indian families?
Look dude. I'm not condoning anything the government does, they do a lot of fucked up shit. Governments, Kingdoms of the past, Etc.. Always have. What I am saying is that, White people are never going to live down this racism bullshit. and Indians are hypocrites. this body of work or whatever they are trying to do will go nowhere, and everyone knows this. most tribes are rewarded mightly already for the abuses of the past done by the united states.

You do realize this is ongoing genocide?

Perhaps it doesn't affect you and you don't have to think about it, thus you would perceive a condition of perpetual poverty and dependence as "mightily rewarded". Just to be clear- this is Lakota we are talking about.

Lumping 550+ nations and their relations with the federal gov't into one is....erroneous.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 12:04:44 AM »
SG, what is your relation to the Lakota?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 09:24:49 AM »

Some of my better acquaintances are Lakota. I suppose I could call them friends, but lately I've been calling almost everyone an acquaintance.

Why?

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 09:06:29 PM »
You do realize this is ongoing genocide?
If that is the case, which I'm sure it isn't  then drastic action will be taken. I'm most certain other nations would be up in arms at the united states doing this, especially since the USA is all about freedom, democracy and all that happy bullshit. The rest of the world would be in a uproar if actual Genocide was afoot here

My guess, its just some whiney Indians screaming racism. however, in some way shape or form.
And not actual genocide
:skywarp:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2013, 10:18:14 AM »

Some of my better acquaintances are Lakota. I suppose I could call them friends, but lately I've been calling almost everyone an acquaintance.

Why?

Just wondering. It helps explain your topic choices.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2013, 01:34:03 PM »

Why?

Just wondering. It helps explain your topic choices.

Does it?

I dunno man.....if you knew me growing up you wouldn't be surprised about my topics, whether you knew who I knew or not.
:)

I'm a patriot. :police:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 05:40:09 AM »
This is a bit of a tangent to the point of the OP, but re: the foster homes issue:  It's one that has a different nuance with Native Americans, but it's not exactly unique to them.  I wonder what we're supposed to do when a Native child is in an abusive or inadequate home.  Something significantly different than we'd do for a white child?  Or isn't that in and of itself discriminatory?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 11:04:56 PM »
An interesting question. The question of an abusive home will take a back seat whenever someone can cry racism/bigotry, rightly or wrongly.

- Albert Einstein

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2013, 01:44:10 AM »
This is a bit of a tangent to the point of the OP, but re: the foster homes issue:  It's one that has a different nuance with Native Americans, but it's not exactly unique to them.  I wonder what we're supposed to do when a Native child is in an abusive or inadequate home.  Something significantly different than we'd do for a white child?  Or isn't that in and of itself discriminatory?

Because of previous gov't policies aimed at assimilating indians and tearing apart their communities, there were laws instated which are supposed to protect native communities by requiring agencies to place native children somewhere within the native community (even with distant relatives), as a first choice.

It is not so much an ethnicity issue as it is a citizenship issue. Kids who are citizens of sovereign first nations ought to be under the protection of their nation. Having control over what happens to their citizens is a human right native tribes have fought for over the years. Traditionally, the fed gov't treated natives as their 'wards' and 'children', and took control over all activities ESPECIALLY the education of the children, who were taught to forget and hate their own cultures and languages...and this did a number on their communities which they still feel the effects from. So, this right to control what happens to their kids, is extremely important.

What is happening is that the state figured it could get easy cash for every "special needs" kid they place. BUT it doesn't get money for kids housed in native homes (as a part of sovereign nations independent from US), therefore, instead of placing the kids within their community, they are sending the kids to the homes of non-natives (mainly white).

What this does is break up the community by separating the kids from having a culturally native identity...and thus this diminishes the ability of the upcoming generation to enforce their sovereignty. The other side of the coin is that the native communities in SD are among the poorest in the US...3rd world country conditions...life expectancies 20 years less; drug abuse, crime, suicide, etc etc.

As is the case for any poor kids in america, they are an incredibly easy target for "child services". It is much easier to take a kid from their home if they are poor, than if they aren't poor (regardless of presence of abuse); often (anywhere in the US) kids can be removed simply for being too poor.

Anyways, as the poorest in the state, native kids are easy targets; they are also the subject of many harmful negative stereotypes (ya know, the usual ones about being lazy, on welfare, drunkards), so it's easy for people to "believe" that no native is capable of raising their kids...incidentally negative stereotypes is another reason why poor kids are easy targets.

The stinger is that, in order to place native kids out of the community the state has to undermine the law, native sovereignty, as well as any regard for the survival of the nation. In effect, the state is BENEFITTING from the destruction of a nation....aka genocide. As non-native citizens, pretty much anyone ought to be outraged that anyone is allowing (on a gov't level) states to get away with genocide for their own benefit.

It sucks.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2013, 01:57:36 AM »
It was a good question PMSElle- the key to understanding the situation is realizing that natives have dual citizenship- they can vote in US elections, but as citizens of their own nations, they have their own laws and are not bound to state laws and federal laws the way naturalized american citizens are.

When a state steps in and takes the kids out of the native community, it is not like taking a black kid out and placing them in the next good home that happens to be white. It is taking the kids out of the jurisdiction of one nation and purposefully placing them into another nation where they are often worse off. And this, for the benefit of the state (at the objection of the native nation), with no legitimate reason or premise for doing so.

They are treating the kids like chattel, and tearing apart communities...which honestly, in the eyes of the federal and state gov'ts, their lives would be much "easier" if Indians would completely assimilate anyways. As previously stated, the state and feds are benefitting from this act of community destruction, aka genocide.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2013, 09:03:47 AM »
sovereign nations? do native americans use their own money? nope. they use the american dollar. how you can be sovereign and use some other countries currency would mean you are not sovereign

you might have land inside a country. and your own laws. but you aren't a country. just try acting sovereign and see how far that gets you, I'm no expert here but anything the government has their hands on is pretty shitty. I'm sure whatever gripes you have concerning the abuses you see them doing to native children, they also do it to non native children.
:skywarp:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2013, 09:36:12 AM »
Fuck our history, present and future.

Sheehan traced the institutionalization of state kidnapping of Native children back to the late William Janklow, a former South Dakota congressman, governor, and attorney general notorious for his role in what the the Lakota refer to as the “Reign of Terror” on the Pine Ridge Reservation in the years following the American Indian Movement-led occupation of Wounded Knee in 1973. According to Sheehan, members of the George W. Bush administration tipped off Janklow on a Texas strategy to grab millions of dollars in federal subsidies by administering a psychological test devised by the Eli Lilly pharmaceutical corporation to children taken into protective custody. Replicating the strategy, South Dakota developed a mental health test failed by 98% of Native children, who then become “special needs” cases under federal law, with the state receiving up to $79,000 for each Indian child and the child being placed involuntarily on psychoactive drugs.

“They ask questions like ‘do you feel like people are staring at you when you go out in public’ in racist Rapid City, or ‘do you feel you’re treated unfairly’ to a child who’s just been uprooted from his home and placed with strangers,” said Sheehan.

FUCK "STANDARDIZED" ASSESSMENTS.

:tantrum:

They are always using standardized assessments to screw people over in this country. WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS FUCKING COUNTRY????

Standardized assessments

Implying hatred of generalizations

says "They are always"

"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2013, 11:39:12 AM »
By standardized assessments I was referring to things like IQ tests, and psychological batteries which are used to make assessments of people.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2013, 12:57:44 PM »
By standardized assessments I was referring to things like IQ tests, and psychological batteries which are used to make assessments of people.

Dude I know what you meant. Just having some fun, trolling a little. ;)
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2013, 11:09:13 PM »

Dude I know what you meant. Just having some fun, trolling a little. ;)

Oh. lol