Educational

Author Topic: Thought Processes  (Read 379 times)

Osensitive1

Re: Thought Processes
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 03:09:56 AM »
a.c.e.g.
a.c.e.g
a.c.e.g
a.c.e.g
Echolalia is :asthing:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2016, 08:48:41 AM »
  Even with Strattera, I have trouble being linear.  I've also observed that my thought process is ruminative,
  by which I mean I mull over the same issues for years on end and seem to re-learn the same lessons over
  and over, adding refinements to them, considering them from different angles.  It's the way I think my
  father processed things, in addition to being linear, as he had to be in his line of work.  :apondering:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2016, 10:03:00 AM »
I am associative with regard to memory.
I am random (lateral) intermittently and moreso when my system is void of stimulants, some of which work better than others. Stimulants take a lot of the strength out of my creativity.
I am linear most often, though the other things make me seem more random.

I think like this:

a - b - c - d - e linear
a - b -  -  - m! where m! actually is a good idea that could be arrived at by thinking linear through to that letter. lateral
a - b - f - e - d - c where I remembered something because something in the environment reminded me of it and I think backwards to why it is connected. it's likely this is connected to lateral thinking.
a - b - b - b - b - b where I get stuck and do the same thing over and over and over and over. Sometimes it's listening to music or singing a song or thinking on one thought that I can't get out of my head until the record gets unstuck.

Since the most common complaint I hear about myself is that I am annoyingly logical, it's likely that I am linear around others and more lateral when on my own.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher