Author Topic: Slight quandary. Holidaying in September for a month....  (Read 471 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Slight quandary. Holidaying in September for a month....
« on: April 24, 2013, 08:25:52 AM »
Should I go exclusively to Thailand OR Santorini (with a day trip to Athens) and rest of time in Thailand?

In two minds. Will only have a month and need surgey in Thailand (Wisdom teeth out and a few veneers put on)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline El-Presidente

• Caliph of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Postwhore
  • I love kitties! Fluffy kitties are nice!!
    • ASD Community
Re: Slight quandary. Holidaying in September for a month....
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 12:26:59 PM »
Should I go exclusively to Thailand OR Santorini (with a day trip to Athens) and rest of time in Thailand?

In two minds. Will only have a month and need surgey in Thailand (Wisdom teeth out and a few veneers put on)

Splurge it all in Thailand.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 01:33:28 PM »
Its easy to get laid in Thailand. Go for it, bro. See if you can bang a hundred snatches in one trip.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 01:46:35 PM »
Livi g the dream.

Just make sure you don't have sex with one of those Thai trannys.  Unless you're into that.  In that case, have fun.
Misunderstood.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 01:59:42 PM »
As long as shes really pretty, who cares?

What happens within the confines of the walls of Sodom, stays within the confines of the walls of Sodom.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 09:29:19 AM »
This is gonna sound stupid I think ....but what the heck.
I have been terrified and stressed about this trip. That almost suffocating feeling of pit in your stomach dread with pretty much everything associated with this upcoming trip.
Makes no sense. Not really, and not to the level of intensity nor how long I have felt this.
Like all things, I get through and manage but I wanted this trip away to be more than a problem to get through (ironically, it was to be a celebration of having got through some awful shit in the last 10 years or so)
I did not feel it, just the stress, fear, and deep desire that it would already be done and over.

Yesterday. Yesterday was the first day i actually felt excited about it. Starting to look forward to the trip away and starting to think of things not just necessary but what I may do to have fun and enjoy myself. Really starting to look forward to it.

I am fucking hopeless. I do not have a problem with a lot of 'typical" aspie issues BUT I can not handle change. Even good change. Never have been able to. I am an uber spaz.  :autism:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 09:34:22 AM »
Why thailand for surgery and not at home?

Offline AspieMomma

• Red Headed Stepchild of the Aspie Elite.
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 09:36:47 AM »
I can sympathize.  The anxiety combined with frustration about the anxiety is maddening. 

Did you make a final decision about your destinations(s)?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 10:04:09 AM »
I decided that the cost here was going to be the cost of going to Thailand for 4 weeks (around about) and getting it done there.
Trip away for same cost as having it done here.
The other consideration was then, I have not always desired to go to Thailand but there are places I always wanted to go to. I did entertain going to maybe the French Riveria and Monte Carlo or Italy or Spain
I am going from Sydney to Athens for 3 day, Santorini for 2 days, Mykonos for 2 days and then about 3 weeks in Chiang mai.

AspieMomma, glad i am not the only spaz with these kind of overreactions.  :thumbup:
To be honest, I am not goiung to play who is the biggest spaz either. Nor poor me abouit it. I know that I am atypical acros the board. I have some quite significant traits but they tend to be a little atypical to the stereotypical traits. So i do not mind f anyone were to say "shit that is stupid" or whatever because there would be many areas with them that i handle better. This is just a weakness for me. I recognise that and i am not about to pretend it is not. :)

Was mainly saying that I am really very pleased. It is like the feeling of relief when you manage to fix a problem at work or whatever that is about to become a huge issue, but to fix it just before it escalates in a way you can not manage. I am happy, excited and starting to focus on the fun aspects of the trip.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 10:07:03 AM by Al Swearengen »

Offline AspieMomma

• Red Headed Stepchild of the Aspie Elite.
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 10:15:19 AM »
Very good.  :)  I will pretend to be completely apathetic and not at all incredibly jealous about your impending adventures!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 10:20:30 AM »
Very good.  :)  I will pretend to be completely apathetic and not at all incredibly jealous about your impending adventures!

well if it makes you feel any better, part of the reason for going is as a reward or spoil for some of the shit I have had to go through over the last 10 or so years and if I had the chance to avoid all of that or go on the holiday, I would not be going on the holiday :)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 10:44:01 AM »
I decided that the cost here was going to be the cost of going to Thailand for 4 weeks (around about) and getting it done there.
The other consideration was then, I have not always desired to go to Thailand but there are places I always wanted to go to. I did entertain going to maybe the French Riveria and Monte Carlo or Italy or Spain
I am going from Sydney to Athens for 3 day, Santorini for 2 days, Mykonos for 2 days and then about 3 weeks in Chiang mai.

AspieMomma, glad i am not the only spaz with these kind of overreactions.  :thumbup:
To be honest, I am not goiung to play who is the biggest spaz either. Nor poor me abouit it. I know that I am atypical acros the board. I have some quite significant traits but they tend to be a little atypical to the stereotypical traits. So i do not mind f anyone were to say "shit that is stupid" or whatever because there would be many areas with them that i handle better. This is just a weakness for me. I recognise that and i am not about to pretend it is not. :)

Was mainly saying that I am really very pleased. It is like the feeling of relief when you manage to fix a problem at work or whatever that is about to become a huge issue, but to fix it just before it escalates in a way you can not manage. I am happy, excited and starting to focus on the fun aspects of the trip.

Wishing you a great time. Awesome to go and see Greece too.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2013, 10:58:10 AM »

Wishing you a great time. Awesome to go and see Greece too.

TheoK

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2013, 11:06:31 AM »
Graecia fortis est!  :viking:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2013, 11:23:46 AM »
Always wanted to see that place. 3 days. One day to wash away jetlag with sleep and two days of checking out the sites and then a trip to Santorini. I have not had a suntan for the last 7 years since i went from warm WA to this hell forsaken place. That is one of my goals