Educational

Author Topic: Should vaccinations for children be compulsory?  (Read 381 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Should vaccinations for children be compulsory?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2013, 03:43:49 AM »
Yes, they should

Some kids cant have the jab, for example kids with leukemia. You're putting THEM at a huge risk by not immunising your own child.

^This
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 05:58:15 AM »
I got all the usual childhood vaccinations, but the ones that I remember were all administered at school, by nurses who'd visit and vaccinate everyone in a given year on the same day, rather than at my GP's practice, so I don't know what records exist of my vaccinations.  The only one I've missed out on is a meningitis vaccine that was available when I was at university, when there was a lot of meningitis going around, but when I asked about it recently, I was told that I'm too old to qualify for it now. 

There was also a nurse who came to the school when I was about 10 and felt all the boys' testicles in my year.  I'm still not sure what that was about.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 06:11:40 AM »
Like a handshake only friendlier?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 10:49:29 AM »
I remember now; I looked it up a few years ago to find out what it might have been for, and it turned out it was an inspection for hernias, which I guess are an issue for boys entering puberty or something.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 10:57:21 AM »
Here's a thread about it: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=325900

My examination wasn't the turn your head and cough variety, but more a determined fondling of the balls.  It was also fortunately in private; we got called one at a time to go to the office to have it done.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2013, 04:34:35 PM »
Yes.  I think vacations from your children should be compulsory for every parent.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2013, 03:32:45 PM »
I got all the usual childhood vaccinations, but the ones that I remember were all administered at school, by nurses who'd visit and vaccinate everyone in a given year on the same day, rather than at my GP's practice, so I don't know what records exist of my vaccinations.  The only one I've missed out on is a meningitis vaccine that was available when I was at university, when there was a lot of meningitis going around, but when I asked about it recently, I was told that I'm too old to qualify for it now. 

There was also a nurse who came to the school when I was about 10 and felt all the boys' testicles in my year.  I'm still not sure what that was about.

Here all kids had to blow hard on their arm, and then the doctor would check the groin area for a hernia. Was the talk of the school when that happened. Dirty man, pulling your pants while you were blowing on your arm.
 :laugh:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2013, 09:13:23 PM »

Here all kids had to blow hard on their arm, and then the doctor would check the groin area for a hernia. Was the talk of the school when that happened. Dirty man, pulling your pants while you were blowing on your arm.

:zombiefuck:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2013, 09:24:06 PM »
 :apondering:

:zombiefuck:
Misunderstood.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 12:49:31 PM »
Freedom to choose faith healing:

People in North America are guaranteed freedom of religion.:

bullet The First Amendment to the US Constitution prohibits any action by an American government which restricts "the free exercise of religion."

bullet Section 2 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees that "Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of conscience and religion.."

Omg so parents have the constitutional right to MURDER their children just like God almost trolled Abraham into doing in the bible! WOW WE'RE PRETTY MODERN GUYS

http://www.religioustolerance.org/medical1.htm <----Sauce, Their sauce cited on site
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2013, 01:46:48 PM »
Sucks the kids had to die before these people have to learn their lesson. They are child murderers.
I will never stop...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2013, 01:58:38 PM »
That us your opinion.  They are free to practice any religion they choose.  It just sucks for the kid being born into that family.
Misunderstood.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2013, 02:01:05 PM »
That us your opinion.  They are free to practice any religion they choose.  It just sucks for the kid being born into that family.

Sure they're free to practice religion, as long as they aren't murdering people.
I will never stop...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2013, 02:02:45 PM »
Are they murdering people?  Or simply not using science to prevent death?
Misunderstood.