Author Topic: Gun safety laws ARE NOT my thing.  (Read 904 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Gun safety laws ARE NOT my thing.
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 08:51:01 PM »
I'm for the dismantling of a ruling class institutions.

Governments AND corporations.
that is complicated.
Though I do believe that the current system cannot be reformed.

How do you propose we proceed.
Misunderstood.

Scrapheap

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 09:04:10 PM »
You won't like the answer.

First strike would be against L.A. Power & Water.

The major cities have to be brought down.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 09:06:10 PM »

so your first strike would be to hurt people who are just like you?
Misunderstood.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 01:37:54 AM »
My voting  issues?

Well, i think the way revenue is generated and distributed is paramount.  Stop squeezing the poor to cough up and tax people who can actually afford it.  Invest in poor areas.  Treat people like scum -  they will eventually act like scum.!  Give people something to be proud of then they are likely to look after it  ie. housing, jobs etc.

Any government that imposes cuts to education or nhs are fucking crazy.

Will someone please stop this nonsense of increasing the retirement age to 67!  Should be lowered instead.

Keep prison for criminals who are a real danger to society.  No one should be thrown in jail for not paying fines, taxes or  for petty stuff like shoplifting.

More referendums.  We are capable of making important decisions.

Make police wear jackets that say  'POLITE'  not  'POLICE'  :zoinks:
much I what I am reading seems to be a reaction to the last thirty years of failed trickle down economics....supply side.
Basically it's crony capitalism, invest heavily with the rich and some will trickle down to the poor.  It's laughable, really, like greed is never considered,

I completely agree with you.  I believe that labor creates wealth and consumers are job creators.  How do we redistribute the wealth back intro the hands of its rightful owners?

Good question.... Robin Hood?

I will come back to this. School run.
blah blah blah

TheoK

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 01:58:53 AM »

:agreed:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 04:11:22 AM »
Alternatives to Robin Hood.

Child Trust Fund -  This was a labour initiative.  The urchin was lucky.  All babies born between 2002 and 2011 received a voucher of £250.  The parent or guardian could chose how to invest it,  from risk free to fairly risky investment options.  The parent can also chose to add upto £3k per annum.  Upon the childs 18th birthday they have access to this money.

The urchins voucher is now worth nearly £2k and he is only six. The hope is, that by the time he is eighteen he  will have a fairly substantial amount of money.  All  kids,  rich or poor who were born during these times have the same opportunity.

Now i know that some of it will be wasted, pissed up the wall or misused in some way.  The point is,  the opportunity is there.

Of course, the scheme was closed by the tory government.   boo hiss

I would like to see this scheme set up again.  It gives kids hope. 

Another thing that happened during the last Labour govt  -   Every single child of school age was given a computer at school.  It was theirs to take home.  Nothing fancy,  most of them were mini notebooks.   Another opportunity for poor kids to keep up the pace.  Many kids had no access to a computer before and little hope of being supplied by their parents.

It was heavily criticised by the right,  and was stopped when they became government.  They would rather keep the poor as low down the food chain as possible.  the have and the have nots. 

I really like these schemes.  It seems logical to me that a society whereby all kids have access to excellent resources, and where all kids have excellent opportunities to succeed and excel is going to be a society that we will all benefit from.

I live in Longbridge.  We used to make cars.  For a hundred years the Longbridge plant was the main employer round here.  It started with Austin, Austin Morris, Morris Motors, Austin Rover,  British Leyland,  Rover, MG  etc.  It was at one time the biggest car factory in the world.  The plant produced the first iconic mini.  Aeroplanes, too, such as Hawker Hurricane.  It had it's own railway.    Then, one day,  it was no more.  Longbridge became Scumsville.   I used to look out of my window and see the shut down  factory.  It was vandalised.  Looted.  Eventually most of it bulldozed.  It stayed like this for years.  Not even a Labour government risked investment.   It is now transformed.  Thanks to an initiative from  the European Commission.  We have a new college, shops, supermarket's and offices and homes.  The money came from Europe.  The point is,  it is working.  International Business is occupying office space and creating jobs.  It's .... nice.     It is proof that places like Longbridge need investment.  Not writing off.  No area should be written off.

blah blah blah

TheoK

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 04:16:37 AM »
It's like Scrap says: nothing will ever change for real, as long as governments and big companies exist.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 07:22:46 AM »
It's like Scrap says: nothing will ever change for real, as long as governments and big companies exist.
concentrated wealth?
Misunderstood.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2013, 07:58:56 AM »
I support marijuana legalization.

That's actually probably #1 on my list.

TheoK

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2013, 08:02:15 AM »
concentrated wealth?

Yes. The system is a Catch 22.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 09:07:40 AM »

Yeah. I hate sandcastles too. :)
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Scrapheap

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 10:59:54 AM »

No.

Uproot and disperse them. The powers that be want people concentrated in mega-cities because they're easier to control that way. They accomplish this with aquaducts. They take water from where it should naturally be, and therefore where people should naturally live and divert it to where the know they can control you. People who are dispersed throughout the countryside along natural rivers and streams are far more difficult to control. The mega-city is the ruling classes power base.

Not long after the Goths and Vandals destroyed the aquaducts of Rome, Rome ceased to be a dominant power and the city of Rome no longer controlled the Mediterranean the way that it did for close to 500 years.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 11:04:41 AM »
That's the most interesting thing I've heard you say in a while.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 11:09:26 AM »

No.

Uproot and disperse them. The powers that be want people concentrated in mega-cities because they're easier to control that way. They accomplish this with aquaducts. They take water from where it should naturally be, and therefore where people should naturally live and divert it to where the know they can control you. People who are dispersed throughout the countryside along natural rivers and streams are far more difficult to control. The mega-city is the ruling classes power base.

Not long after the Goths and Vandals destroyed the aquaducts of Rome, Rome ceased to be a dominant power and the city of Rome no longer controlled the Mediterranean the way that it did for close to 500 years.

A reasonable enough plan of attack. If it ever did come to that.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2013, 01:44:49 PM »

No.

i want to argue this point, but nothing yet occurs to me.

Give it time.
Misunderstood.