Author Topic: The first step, I suggest, is to question authority.  (Read 1199 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: The first step, I suggest, is to question authority.
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2013, 05:44:48 AM »
The "experts" and the "official story"?
It would be a Grimm world is we believed all the official Tales.
still punny.  Glad the world hasn't jaded your sense of humor.
Oh, but it has; I just still have a moment or two of humor in between long stretches of darkness and despair.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2013, 07:15:02 AM »
The "experts" and the "official story"?
It would be a Grimm world is we believed all the official Tales.
still punny.  Glad the world hasn't jaded your sense of humor.
Oh, but it has; I just still have a moment or two of humor in between long stretches of darkness and despair.
god damn this world.  It has taken you, one of the innocent.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2013, 07:39:59 AM »
Authority must be held to a higher standard. Authority has some control over your life and can there fore unilaterally change your trajectory by the decisions they make.

I try to teach my kids that rebellion is fine.  But use it wisely.  If you rebel against everything then you will not be taken seriously. If you choose your battles then you may convince others to revolt.

Question those charged with your care; parents, teachers, cops, politicians, employers, religious leaders, web masters (lol), and if they are not being responsible in their position of honor then rebellion or revolt is prudent.
Misunderstood.

TheoK

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2013, 08:49:27 AM »
Lars is a good role-model. Little piggie died of lead-poisoning  :eyebrows: :viking: :arrr:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2013, 09:29:50 AM »
When I am treated with respect by those with authority, I have no problem with them. No problem with disagreeing with them either. But, no rebellion tendencies.
The moment the respect is gone, they loose all respect from me too. It's kinda physical, starting with the spine and neck.  :grrr:
I'm told I can be icy cold and threatening, in a too polite way.  :laugh:
I do know my despair when not getting through too.  :P

My kids are welcome to question me. But, not too late in the evening. Then none of us is sensible enough to have a good debate. Too late on the day, it should be calm. So, then they will have to listen to me, and rage against me the next day.  :viking: Works most of the time.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2013, 10:24:06 AM »
Only, his initial assumption is always that they are guilty because they are in a position of authority.

True BUT I assume that if people are in authority are guilty UNLESS they show me they are not. I am wary of them. Even perceived power.

They have to prove they are innocent? :-\

That helps, but I think that investigation and being around a person long enough can make your mind up one way or the other. I look for things to confirm they are corrupt and misusing their power and take a negative position on them. IF they either prove themselves in my eyes not to be or they demonstrate over a long enough period of time that they do not act in a way to justify themselves as power abusive...then yes I accept they are not. until them I am wary. I will be mistrustful.

Some say I'm in a position of authority here. Should I always be mistrusted, initially?

It is not a standard answer. I certainly did and would and found I had no need to be concerned. Should people? Maybe or maybe nort. Should they hold my wacky belief set?

I think you probably should because little harm will come from starting on the assumption but re-evaluating as you go. Unless your mistrust means more action, that is. :P

Trusting blindly from day one could end well but it only takes one mistake.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2013, 10:26:20 AM »
Trust must be earned.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2013, 04:01:12 PM »
Only, his initial assumption is always that they are guilty because they are in a position of authority.

True BUT I assume that if people are in authority are guilty UNLESS they show me they are not. I am wary of them. Even perceived power.

They have to prove they are innocent? :-\

That helps, but I think that investigation and being around a person long enough can make your mind up one way or the other. I look for things to confirm they are corrupt and misusing their power and take a negative position on them. IF they either prove themselves in my eyes not to be or they demonstrate over a long enough period of time that they do not act in a way to justify themselves as power abusive...then yes I accept they are not. until them I am wary. I will be mistrustful.

Some say I'm in a position of authority here. Should I always be mistrusted, initially?

It is not a standard answer. I certainly did and would and found I had no need to be concerned. Should people? Maybe or maybe nort. Should they hold my wacky belief set?

I think you probably should because little harm will come from starting on the assumption but re-evaluating as you go. Unless your mistrust means more action, that is. :P

Trusting blindly from day one could end well but it only takes one mistake.

Exactly. The world is not a fair place and a person needs to be mindful of their wits and rights and safety. People will use their position to tread you down, especially if you are socially inept.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2013, 05:25:57 PM »
Trust must be earned.

I got you.
You got me.
That is all.
Misunderstood.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2013, 05:37:59 PM »
When i quit my short army career, the sarge said i had a natural adversity to authority. 8)
blah blah blah

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2013, 06:12:30 PM »
Authority must be held to a higher standard. Authority has some control over your life and can there fore unilaterally change your trajectory by the decisions they make.

I try to teach my kids that rebellion is fine.  But use it wisely.  If you rebel against everything then you will not be taken seriously. If you choose your battles then you may convince others to revolt.

Question those charged with your care; parents, teachers, cops, politicians, employers, religious leaders, web masters (lol), and if they are not being responsible in their position of honor then rebellion or revolt is prudent.
McJ, when the hell did I start agreeing with you more often than most of the other forum members?  Aren't you the guy who used to post constantly about when he was young and had sexy women pee on him???
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2013, 06:17:32 PM »

McJ, when the hell did I start agreeing with you more often than most of the other forum members?  Aren't you the guy who used to post constantly about when he was young and had sexy women pee on him???
lots of what went on was for entertainment purposes.  Lots more was an anti philosophy.  Questioning normal thoughts and practices and backing up your words was a hallmark of the original intent here.

If in Southern California, try meeting up with me. I am not as out there as some would think.  Ask scrap, he's met me.

Also, I have matured a bit.  Still refusing to be a man...in the traditional sense.
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2013, 07:12:51 PM »

I think I would have liked to be your kid.  :plus:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2013, 07:18:03 PM »

I think I would have liked to be your kid.  :plus:

I can be difficult at times.  I just want to teach them to think critically.

I always joke with my wife that I think our children can pick their own religion, political party and sexual preference, but they must be LA Dodger fans.
Lol
Misunderstood.

Scrapheap

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2013, 08:00:22 PM »
I always joke with my wife that I think our children can pick their own religion, political party and sexual preference, but they must be LA Dodger fans.
Lol

:thumbdn:

ANAHEIM ANGELS!!!