Author Topic: Naive aspie things said in childhood  (Read 407 times)

Offline MutieTom

• Frequent Poster
Naive aspie things said in childhood
« on: March 21, 2012, 01:08:26 PM »
I remember when I was in school age 11 all the boys started talking about having a pamela anderson poster on the wall, and saying everyone had to have one and that everyone who didn't have one was "a faggot".  And they went round the room saying "we've all got a poster of her on the wall right?  cmon every guy has a poster of her, you're a faggot if you don't".  I went home and said to my parents "can I have a poster of pamela anderson" and they said, why, do you know who she is, and I said, they said at school your a faggot if you don't have one (and I was nervous that a friend may come round one day and see I didn't have it).  They wouldn't get it though. :tard:

Also I once saw a show when I was about 9 where a bunch of women were calling one woman a fat cow and laughing, so I went up to the largest girl in my class and said "big fat cow" expecting everyone to find it really funny especially the teacher as she was a grown up woman like the ones laughing on TV.  But she cried and I got in trouble.   :tard:

I feel so embaressed thinking of dumb things I said, I wish I could go back and tell myself not to!

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
Re: Naive aspie things said in childhood
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 02:07:11 PM »
Someone got one of those wooden puzzle things for the urchin the other day -  a 'jacobs ladder.'

It just so happens his little friend at school is called Jacob.   :facepalm2:  Oh jeez he must have asked me 50 times already if it's Urchin's ladder,  or Jacobs ladder....?  i keep saying its  Urchins Jacobs ladder!

I caught him with it in the car on the way to school and said  "What have you got that for, you can't take it to school?"  and he was going to give it to....erm..yep...Jacob...because it is Jacob's ladder!

blah blah blah

Offline BruceCM

• Half-wit of the Aspie Elite
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 03:35:17 PM »
Oh, I remember them!
Oh no, the evil webmaster changed my sig again!

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 02:48:29 PM »
Someone got one of those wooden puzzle things for the urchin the other day -  a 'jacobs ladder.'

It just so happens his little friend at school is called Jacob.   :facepalm2:  Oh jeez he must have asked me 50 times already if it's Urchin's ladder,  or Jacobs ladder....?  i keep saying its  Urchins Jacobs ladder!

I caught him with it in the car on the way to school and said  "What have you got that for, you can't take it to school?"  and he was going to give it to....erm..yep...Jacob...because it is Jacob's ladder!

maybe you could tell the urchin "it is your ladder, its called a jacobs ladder because it was invented by someone named jacob" ?

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 02:53:56 PM »
Yup, done that

5 mins later....."Is it Jacobs ladder"?

well he is only four i spose
blah blah blah

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 02:54:54 PM »
Yup, done that

5 mins later....."Is it Jacobs ladder"?

well he is only four i spose

Yes, he will figure all these things out in time.  8)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 03:00:06 PM »
Hope so

I am waiting for a Eureeka moment :zoinks:
blah blah blah

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 03:09:11 PM »
When I was 10 or 11 I saw Sister Act in the movies. Anyway Harvey Keitel said about Whoopi's character "I know her in the biblical sense." and then I blurted out "They read the Bible together?" and everyone in the audience laughed at me.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 03:40:02 PM »
When I was 10 or 11 I saw Sister Act in the movies. Anyway Harvey Keitel said about Whoopi's character "I know her in the biblical sense." and then I blurted out "They read the Bible together?" and everyone in the audience laughed at me.

That's really cute.

:laugh:

I asked my mom one time how we make real mashed potatoes that aren't instant and my aunt laughed.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 05:51:35 PM »

That's really cute.

:laugh:

I asked my mom one time how we make real mashed potatoes that aren't instant and my aunt laughed.

I forgot my awkward moments :( oh wait....

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2016, 12:35:56 PM »
  My family was in a restaurant when I was 9 or 10 and I blurted,
  "Look, there goes a thin couple and a fat couple!"  within earshot of said couples. 
  My mother quickly shushed me.  I just thought it was cool that they matched.  :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2016, 12:02:45 PM »
I saw my mom talking to a neighbor who I thought I overheard her say she didn't like so I asked her right in front of that person "Mom why are you talking to her? You said you didn't like her." My mom tried to tell me she never said that and I kept insisting she did and the neighbor had wide eyes and backed away slowly. She didn't talk to my mother ever again and our next door neighbor told my mother "Oh she will get over it, that's Beth" and apparently she never got over it because our family was made an outcast by them on the block and we never got invited to either of their parties they would have for the whole neighbors on the block. What my mom actually said to my dad was "I am not like the Luers" and I took it as she didn't like them so that is where that question came from and my mom never bothered to try and sort out the misunderstanding with her.

And another naive thing I did was calling a girl Why in my school because I thought that was her name. She told me Why when I asked what her name was and she kept saying Why when I asked so I figured that was a name she was given at birth. I think the kids and her just let me think it was her name because they never corrected me, only laughed.

And I used to blurt out to people how fat they are and say how fat they are such as pointing to my neighbor at age seven to my mother "Mom, look how fat she is" and I kept on saying it over and over until she responded and her words were all of a sudden "Go sit on the steps." I was confused about why I was being sent to the stairs when I hadn't done anything wrong.