Author Topic: What about robot-dancing (or something) in the last defiant moments of life?  (Read 3136 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: What about robot-dancing (or something) in the last defiant moments of life?
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2013, 10:39:30 AM »
If the argument has really degraded to who is busier or who is happier then I raise the white flag.  It isn't an argument I really care about having, and if thinking you are busier or happier makes you feel good in some way it really costs me nothing to let you have that.  Enjoy :)

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Re: What about robot-dancing (or something) in the last defiant moments of life?
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2013, 10:53:03 AM »
If the argument has really degraded to who is busier or who is happier then I raise the white flag.  It isn't an argument I really care about having, and if thinking you are busier or happier makes you feel good in some way it really costs me nothing to let you have that.  Enjoy :)

You were the one who first implied that Rage was somehow lying about his time schedule. You brought it up.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2013, 10:59:04 AM »

You were the one who first implied that Rage was somehow lying about his time schedule. You brought it up.

Provide a quote then.

What I actually said was that I was at least as busy as he is, so his "busyness" wasn't an excuse to let questions lie for 20 days without an answer. Never said shit about his schedule as I have no idea what it is.  From what you have written in his defense it sounds like a lot of babysitting, school and arts and crafts.  I don't begrudge him any of that.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2013, 11:22:26 AM »

Provide a quote then.

What I actually said was that I was at least as busy as he is, so his "busyness" wasn't an excuse to let questions lie for 20 days without an answer. Never said shit about his schedule as I have no idea what it is.  From what you have written in his defense it sounds like a lot of babysitting, school and arts and crafts.  I don't begrudge him any of that.

You are basically trying to control how he lives his life. He doesn't have to justify himself to you. It is his life, not yours. No two people are the same. Everyone has their own set of circumstances. You pass judgment on others as if you were somehow perfect. You are in no place to judge. You aren't special.

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2013, 11:23:20 AM »
You are basically trying to control how he lives his life.

Now that's hyperbolic.  Even for you.  How am I controlling his life?

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2013, 11:54:24 AM »

:hahaha: I said trying to. You do realize he doesn't have to do things the way you *think* he should. Typical Lawyer B.S.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2013, 12:13:14 PM »

:hahaha: I said trying to. You do realize he doesn't have to do things the way you *think* he should. Typical Lawyer B.S.

Flailing again  :M

What am I trying to "make him do" other than back up his assertions?

He is quite openly trying to make me act differently on the board.  Do you feel like a hypocrite making this argument?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2013, 12:16:39 PM »
The required work week for a newly hired attorney at a large firm is 100 hours a week.  Law school is easy compared to that.

For whatever it's worth, I checked up on this with a friend of a friend who recently graduated law school. They "only" work 50-60 hour weeks.

I was referring to the large firms in NY, Chicago and LA.  The ones with a starting salary of $160k and $20-$80k in annual bonus.  100 hours a week is an extreme during trial prep or doc review, but 80 hours a week isn't at all unusual.  I won't take a job that requires more than 50 myself.

Places like Boies Schiller.  The money is pretty good, but they completely own you.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2012/12/04/bonus-watch-envy-edition-boies-schiller-tops-out-at-250000/

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2013, 01:09:13 PM »

Flailing again
  :M

He is quite openly trying to make me act differently on the board.  Do you feel like a hypocrite making this argument?

Projecting again. And yet again purposefully misquoting me. No surprise there.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2013, 03:26:34 PM »

Flailing again

Misquoting?  Did I change something in the quote box?  Did you not say I am "trying to control how he lives his life"?

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2013, 03:30:23 PM »

Flailing again

Misquoting?  Did I change something in the quote box?  Did you not say I am "trying to control how he lives his life"?

Then what is the issue? If you aren't trying to control how he handles his time then you initial comment is pointless. He isn't you and you don't know his life so you can't say whether or not he has time. You are merely speculating. He won't be back till next week. Nothing you say will chanhe that.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2013, 03:38:14 PM »
You aren't even making sense.  Try here:

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,20437.0.html

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2013, 07:59:55 PM »
You aren't even making sense.  Try here:

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,20437.0.html

You will have to wait. You are not the center of the universe. If you continue with this attention seeking behavior I'll make you wait longer.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2013, 04:30:13 AM »
Actually *I* am the centre of the universe. You all exist for my personal amusement.  :M
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2013, 05:43:17 AM »
 :indeed:

Actually *I* am the centre of the universe. You all exist for my personal amusement.  :M

You even have your own magnetic force that causes the planets to move.