Educational

Author Topic: School shooting in Newtown, CT  (Read 4004 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: School shooting in Newtown, CT
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2012, 06:35:08 PM »
Slightly off-topic, but this is copied from an MSN article: 

Can two wrongs make a right? Westboro Baptist Church, the vicious anti-gay group that pickets the funerals of soldiers and AIDS victims, recently declared it will protest at the burials of the children slain in Newtown, Conn. In response, the hacker group Anonymous posted personal information of church members online, including phone numbers, home and email addresses. The law gives us all the right to some privacy, but when the Westboro Church's stance on the shooting is to "sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment," do they deserve what they get?

Protesting at the burials of little children is a new low, even for the WBC.
   As long as no one hurts WBC members' children, elderly/disabled/non-protesting
   family members or pets, I don't care what happens to them.  :grrr:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2012, 08:26:45 PM »
WBC is the perfect example of what Christianity (and what it stands for) is NOT about. They're awful on so many levels. I feel sick to my stomach that they are even contemplating protesting the funerals.

Anonymous on the other hand, I have to say it kind of made me laugh in that they're like a bully who is pushing another bully back into the corner. They stood up for the little guy, but I don't think what they did was right either.

Apparently iNewtown only has ONE funeral director. I feel really bad for him/her because this will take a huge emotional toll on that person.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2012, 08:27:23 PM »

Can two wrongs make a right? Westboro Baptist Church, the vicious anti-gay group that pickets the funerals of soldiers and AIDS victims, recently declared it will protest at the burials of the children slain in Newtown, Conn. In response, the hacker group Anonymous posted personal information of church members online, including phone numbers, home and email addresses. The law gives us all the right to some privacy, but when the Westboro Church's stance on the shooting is to "sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment," do they deserve what they get?

Can two wrongs make a right?

I would have to say no.  As much as I despise WBC for their protests at soldiers' funerals, gay people's funerals, and now innocent little chldren's funerals, more people than just the protesters could be harmed by the release of their private information.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2012, 08:51:40 PM »
Sorry I may be the minority here but...

:plus: for Anonymous.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2012, 09:02:28 PM »
I really did get a chuckle out of that. Although my fear is if their info isn't right and they out someone who isn't associated with WBC.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2012, 09:38:35 PM »
Ah, Anonymous, always a source of light in an otherwise dark situation.

I rather liked the Deuteronomy reference they used when talking about the founders of WBC.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2012, 10:34:37 PM »
Children die every day, yet they never receive condolences or prayers from everyone.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2012, 11:00:59 PM »
Children die every day, yet they never receive condolences or prayers from everyone.

True.  But in my nightly prayers I thank G_d for his marvelous gift of comfort and healing and ask that he will give it to all those need it.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2012, 11:32:14 PM »
Oh boy here we go, the typical loner, past trauma profile of the suspect:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20738732

No direct mention of Aspergers or Autism... yet.

He apparently had no Facebook page and his electronic footprint was minimal.

OH SHI- I could be a deeply disturbed individual for not having a Facebook page too. :zoinks:

Uh oh. I don't have one either.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2012, 12:18:11 AM »
Oh boy here we go, the typical loner, past trauma profile of the suspect:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20738732

No direct mention of Aspergers or Autism... yet.

He apparently had no Facebook page and his electronic footprint was minimal.

OH SHI- I could be a deeply disturbed individual for not having a Facebook page too. :zoinks:

Uh oh. I don't have one either.

What's WRONG with you people? :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2012, 12:24:03 AM »
There's a lot I'd like to comment on the subject of these shootings, but every time I try, I end up deleting the post.
It pisses me off that some media are trying to somehow make a connection between this and autism. It pisses me off to read how the fundies wake up and make this to be about ignoring god at school. And it pisses me off to see how the question of access to guns is avoided by so many in the media.

But above all, every time I think about all those families losing their children I don't even want to think about the tragedy, much less post about it. :(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2012, 03:48:26 AM »
It takes the heat away from the newsitem here, about kids taking their own lives. Two of them in one day, both having had support from an organisation that helps kids with psychiatric issues (mainly autism/AD(H)D). Both jumped in front of a train. It is likely that both of them could not handle bullying any more. For one of them, it is clear that that was the reason.

My radiant view on humanity thinks that there may be people happy, with the shifting of the focus to problems in an other country.  :-\
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2012, 06:52:19 AM »

I think they deserve what they get, especially in this case, but it won't stop them- it'll just make them dig their heels in more, if anything, and it'll just make room for more hate and cruelty.  So, yes justicewise but no in terms of what good can come of it.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2012, 11:36:10 AM »
I can't even focus on this story.  It is far too terrifying, so I am putting my head in the sand for now.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2012, 01:28:53 PM »
I'm glad Anonymous are fucking them over. As long as the info is correct and no kids or people unrelated to WBC are going to be affected, I think it's great. Fuck WBC

True.  But in my nightly prayers I thank G_d for his marvelous gift of comfort and healing and ask that he will give it to all those need it.

I don't get this.

Why ask? Is God going to change his mind just becuase you (and some others) ask him to?
If comfort and healing are his marvelous gifts, isn't the murder of children a "non-marvelous" gift of his too?