Author Topic: ITunes and the PR, Tech Advice  (Read 185 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
ITunes and the PR, Tech Advice
« on: October 22, 2012, 05:32:34 PM »
The PR has had a MAJOR meltdown over ITunes.  She bought a used IPod Nano in her shopping spree in August.  She wanted to download a TV series to the IPod.  I paid for the series and downloaded them to her computer and IPod.  She said the shows were downloaded to the IPod, so I believe her.  Somehow she restored/deleted/whatever all the episodes from the IPod.  Nothing else was deleted on the IPod.

How do I download the episodes from the computer to the IPod? 
For future reference, can we download/copy things from a DVD to the IPod?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: ITunes and the PR, Tech Advice
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 02:44:20 AM »
I am wondering why she wants to watch a tv series on an iPod Nano. Those screens are tiny - I know because I have one.

I am bad with this technology so I can't help, I am sorry. All I know how to do is download music from iTunes onto my iPod and even then it doesn't work every time. I wanted to get rid of one or two songs from my iPod not long ago and accidentally wiped the whole thing.  :dunno:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 05:40:38 AM »
If you go on her computer and sign into itunes with the account you used for downloading them, there should be a link to access your purchases and you can re-download them if they aren't still on the computer. Then you need to sync it to the computer again to transfer them again to the nano.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/inside-itunes/2011/08/access-your-previously-purchased-tv-shows-with-all-your-devices.html

I wish I could walk you through this better, but I no longer have itunes since the kid no longer has his ipod. (it became the storage device for the bar's karaoke :zombiefuck: music when his dad bought him his new phone).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:28:54 PM by Icequeen »

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 07:00:20 PM »
@ renaeden - I don't see the sense of it either.  She said it was because she wanted to watch the shows when I'm working this week and PA will tell her to turn the volume down if she watches it on her computer.  Evidently the earphone jack slips out if she gets too active while listening.

@ Icequeen - I'm going to print out and keep your post.  Even though she functions on a 9 y/o level she somehow managed to get everything downloaded again today in super fast time and is now happy as a lark.  All I can do is shake my head in bewilderment.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 04:17:43 AM »
Awesome news!  :thumbup:

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 09:27:45 AM »
@ renaeden - I don't see the sense of it either.  She said it was because she wanted to watch the shows when I'm working this week and PA will tell her to turn the volume down if she watches it on her computer.  Evidently the earphone jack slips out if she gets too active while listening.

@ Icequeen - I'm going to print out and keep your post.  Even though she functions on a 9 y/o level she somehow managed to get everything downloaded again today in super fast time and is now happy as a lark.  All I can do is shake my head in bewilderment.

9 y/olds are S M A R T

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 11:21:56 AM »

9 y/olds are S M A R T A S S E S

Fixed