Author Topic: I am nosey.  (Read 1209 times)

Offline luciaelizabeth

• Frequent Poster
  • kotityttö
I am nosey.
« on: September 28, 2012, 09:15:41 AM »
What do you guys do as your job? Do you enjoy it? Did you study a lot to get where you are?

Jus' curious. :)

I don't have a job right now. But when my savings run out I'm probs gonna have to be a barmaid or something. Then I'm gonna study. Interesting! :zombiefuck:

midlifeaspie

Re: I am nosey.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 09:38:49 AM »
What do you guys do as your job? Do you enjoy it? Did you study a lot to get where you are?

I don't have a job right now. But when my savings run out I'm probs gonna have to be a barmaid or something. Then I'm gonna study. Interesting! :zombiefuck:

I run the claims and compliance departments for a national insurance brand during the day, and attend law school at night.

Offline luciaelizabeth

• Frequent Poster
  • kotityttö
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 09:50:18 AM »

I run the claims and compliance departments for a national insurance brand during the day, and attend law school at night.

The law school part sounds fun! Your day job sounds like it might be helpful with like.. idk contract law or something.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 10:00:50 AM »
I have a Masters degree in chemical engineering, but I'm not working right now.  I was a behavior coach for an autistic child and before that, I was a special education paraprofessional who rode on a school bus with between one and six special needs children, all but one of whom were autistic or on the spectrum.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 10:06:17 AM »

The law school part sounds fun! Your day job sounds like it might be helpful with like.. idk contract law or something.

Yes.  The most exciting part of the law.  Contracts ;)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 10:16:06 AM »
I'm a bookkeeper/accountant. It could be better. I study a commerce degree part time. I already have a diploma.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 10:25:23 AM »
I am a home improvement contractor specializing in energy conservation.  I also sell tools, antiques and collectibles at a flea market
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 10:38:33 AM »
I am in sales and customer retention. I like it
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline luciaelizabeth

• Frequent Poster
  • kotityttö
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 10:42:01 AM »
You guys all have legit grown-up sounding jobs. I am well jel.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 10:53:10 AM »
No college degree. I work as a janitor and I love my job. I worked in a couple hotels in the past and I also worked in a thrift store and high school library.

P7PSP

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 11:12:40 AM »
I am a Journeyman.   Inside Wireman Electrician most of the time it is fun. Sometimes it sucks.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 11:12:42 AM »
You guys all have legit grown-up sounding jobs. I am well jel.

Yeah, this isn't the WP ;)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 12:21:07 PM »
Formally, officially speaking, I am unemployed. I claim benefits, atm I have little choice in that, if I want to eat, afford lab equipment and reagents, buy myself new clothing etc.

I have two 'bits on the side, working, as lit calls it 'in the black', one is metalwork/engineering type stuff, making guitar parts-the truss rods that go in the necks of guitar/accoustic/bass, and the bolts that hold the depth guards on fret saws. The other, is custom synthesis in the lab. Basically amounting to 'people ask for something, I see if I can make it, then charge for the service.

Both can net me quite respectable amounts of ill-gotten moolah. And especially the (bio)chem I find really enjoyable in and of itself. Lol, if I can't sleep, I'll often get my arse out of bed, and pop into the lab and go clean my glassware, distill solvents over drying agents so I have anhydrous solvents on tap,so to speak, or just in general, experiment, play about like a little kid with his mechano/lego set :autism:                    ,

But I very much enjoy my lab work, lol, the skunk works as I jokingly call it, is right next to my room for quick and easy access.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 02:47:14 PM »
I have two Bachelor degrees:  Accounting and Management.  I worked for the State of Louisiana for a little over 25 years.  Twenty of them were with the Office of Legislative Auditor, where we audited state and local governments.  Five years was with the University of New Orleans as an Internal Auditor, where we audited the various parts of the university for compliance with polices, procedures and law.

I am an unlicensed CPA (Certified Public Accountant).  This means that I can't practice without going through some procedures and training to update my status.  I was a Certified Fraud Examiner.

I retired at 49 years, 11 months and 3 weeks (but who's counting) because I had cataract surgeries.  My eye ball is so elongated that I have a 15 - 20 % chance of detaching a retina each year.  I wasn't going to spend the rest of my vision looking at numbers.

I homeschooled our daughter for 3 years, then she went to a special school.

Been just relaxing, trying to make the most of my reduced pension, being the go-to-it for the family, etc.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 03:09:50 PM »
I'm an information analyst and XML expert.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein