Author Topic: American Health Care  (Read 1577 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: American Health Care
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2012, 06:03:32 AM »
The ironic reason why drugs are so expensive in the street is that they are illegal without a prescription. If they were legal, they'd be much cheaper, and no one would have to prostitute themselves or become burglars or robbers to be able to afford being a junkie.
ex fucking actly.  Or, illegal, period, regardless of rx.  Though, I'm pro regulation of drugs and placing restrictions on them, for sure.  Current drug laws are fucktarded, though (at least in the US).
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2012, 02:44:15 PM »
No one cares if you live or die when you end up in a hospital, they just want to get paid.
I can bear witness to this first hand, Last month when I had my problem with alchohol and ended up in the ER, The doctor wasnt all that concernd about me quitting drinking as he put it, "You can continue to drink or stop!" and while I was ok with his premiss he was awfully cold in his responce. Like I dont care if you die, I just wanna get paid. Oh And I have two hospital bills, one for the ER and One for the ER's doctors. Total cost around $3,000 and I was only there for 4 and a half hours.  :laugh:
:skywarp:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2012, 04:00:58 AM »
^Wow. Here in Australia, you wouldn't have had to pay anything.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2012, 04:36:54 AM »
No one cares if you live or die when you end up in a hospital, they just want to get paid.
I can bear witness to this first hand, Last month when I had my problem with alchohol and ended up in the ER, The doctor wasnt all that concernd about me quitting drinking as he put it, "You can continue to drink or stop!" and while I was ok with his premiss he was awfully cold in his responce. Like I dont care if you die, I just wanna get paid. Oh And I have two hospital bills, one for the ER and One for the ER's doctors. Total cost around $3,000 and I was only there for 4 and a half hours.  :laugh:

Maybe this will help?

MAKE AN OFFER If the final bill is beyond your means, it will pay to bargain — particularly if you do not have insurance.

“The majority of hospitals will discount private paying patients’ bills,” Ms. Leone said. “Most hospitals are generous in their discounts.”

You can negotiate even when you have insurance. Two years ago Lisa Cullen’s father, Thomas Reilly, became very ill and made three trips to the emergency room. Each visit cost about $15,000. Mr. Reilly’s insurer contested some of the charges, and the family ultimately was left owing the hospital $11,000.

The hospital was able to reduce the bill to $5,000. “I was surprised to learn hospitals would rather receive partial payment than no money at all,” Ms. Cullen, a writer in Leonia, N.J., said. Often you can work out a payment plan with the hospital whereby you pay your bill in installments rather than all at once.

Negotiate with doctors, too, over their individual bills.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2012, 08:27:47 AM »

If you're on Social Security disability, doesn't that come with Medicaid or Medicare?

TheoK

« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2012, 08:48:02 AM »
My disability comes on the taxpayers  :eyelash:

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2012, 09:13:22 AM »
If you're on Social Security disability, doesn't that come with Medicaid or Medicare?
It comes with medicaid or medicare (dont remember wich one) but you have to pay for it, And I opted out of it because of this. So I only have part A. (I believe there are 4 parts, A B C & D)  I did give them my part A card Wich I thought was for emergencies only but they still billed me for some reason
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:15:00 AM by richard »
:skywarp:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2012, 09:17:38 AM »
Even with insurance it's a pain in the ass, it seems like the insurance companies are always looking for some way not to pay but if you miss a payment they send all kinds of threatening letters
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

midlifeaspie

« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2012, 11:25:28 AM »
Even with insurance it's a pain in the ass, it seems like the insurance companies are always looking for some way not to pay but if you miss a payment they send all kinds of threatening letters

Bastards!  :zoinks:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2012, 06:00:10 PM »
"We will break your kneecaps and then charge you to fix them."
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2012, 06:39:04 PM »
It comes with medicaid or medicare (dont remember wich one) but you have to pay for it, And I opted out of it because of this. So I only have part A. (I believe there are 4 parts, A B C & D)  I did give them my part A card Wich I thought was for emergencies only but they still billed me for some reason

A is free (as you know) and helps cover:  inpatient care in hospitals, skilled nursing facility care, hospice care and home health care. 
B helps cover services from doctors and other health care providers, outpatient care, home health care, durable medical equipment, and some preventative services.  There is a premium for this.
C is Medicare Advantage and covers all benefits and services covered under A and B, usually prescriptions, and some extra benefits.
D helps cover the cost of prescription drugs.  There is usually a premium for this.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2012, 07:15:21 PM »
Free national healthcare for everyone is a major advantage, especially for poorer people. When done right, that is.

Sadly the health system here is in shambles. It's considered one of the worst in Europe. They claim there's not enough funding, but I always question on how healthcare was actually BETTER back when Ireland was much poorer.

The people who complain about the NHS seem to be the type that whinge and moan... about everything. Frankly I find the NHS to be brilliant compared to the healtcare system here, and people like my uncle vouch on it.

As for Americans being against this, I frankly find it a bit stupid. It's for everyone, it's free and you would be soon thanking that you don't have to empty your entire savings in hospital bills.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 07:18:53 PM by schleed »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2012, 07:40:11 PM »
NHS is brilliant yeh. It has its faults, but tbh that is mainly due to privatisation of certain areas, and too much bureaucracy. Unfortunately the Tories are dismantling it and selling it all off

the NHS isn't perfect, but its a whole lot bettter than most counties' systems

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2012, 08:15:09 PM »

Alcohol poisoning, or withdrawal symptoms?   :nerd!:

Also, $3,000, that's awful!  Are you uninsured?  Can you  get  insured?
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2012, 09:49:30 PM »
NHS is brilliant yeh. It has its faults, but tbh that is mainly due to privatisation of certain areas, and too much bureaucracy. Unfortunately the Tories are dismantling it and selling it all off

the NHS isn't perfect, but its a whole lot bettter than most counties' systems

How would the NHS compare to Germany, Switzerland, or the Scandinavian countries?
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!