Author Topic: American Health Care  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: American Health Care
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 09:20:18 AM »
It isn't £7 per script, it is £7 per medication ON the rx.

And they sometimes, depending who is in charge of what pharmacy, charge the same per rx, and a lot of docs, inconveniently, just happen to print every single med on a separate script. Which if I paid for my prescriptions, would cost me an arm and a leg. I'm on....what...

Gaviscon
Indomethacin
Xylometazoline nasal decongestant spray
Oxycontin 40s
Clonidine
Fexofenadine
Chlorphenamine
And chlormethiazole

Also I have a short term rx for an antibiotic, erythromycin for an ear infection, along with a topical antibiotic cream, and loperamide to help stop me getting the shites while I adjust to the erythromycin, as well as a short term rx for some valium, to help ease the agonizing muscle spasms I'm having in my bad leg. Which might turn out to be a long term thing, not sure yet.

I just ditched quinine today, as it wasn't helping the spasms,
If I was still on that, that entire rx would cost me £77 a week. Which would mean I just couldn't afford most of my meds.

Thankfully I'm on benefits, and just work for myself on the side without telling the fuckers :P
Which means I don't pay a penny.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline luciaelizabeth

• Frequent Poster
  • kotityttö
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 09:24:18 AM »
När ska du flytta till Sverige då?  8)

Vem vet!  8)

Thankfully I'm on benefits, and just work for myself on the side without telling the fuckers :P
Which means I don't pay a penny.

Gross..

TheoK

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2012, 09:25:42 AM »
Working "black" is  :viking:

Offline luciaelizabeth

• Frequent Poster
  • kotityttö
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 09:36:10 AM »

TheoK

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 09:36:34 AM »
:eyebrow:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 09:38:03 AM »

No.

Some of us have this nagging thing called integrity :)

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 09:39:10 AM »
What is gross?

I can't really do much about that. I have been trying, HARD, ever since I left school at 16, to find work, and I have had, in all that time, maybe 3-4 interviews, all of which turned me down.

And with my memory loss, and chronic pain, I would find it very difficult to hold down work I think. I'd do my best, and work like a dog, if only somebody would give me a chance. All I ask, is that somebody take the chance of taking me on, and let me work. But no luck :(

The benefits I get, amount to a couple of hundred a month, hardly enough to live on to begin with, even though I pay no rent, living with my folks, and pay no bills.

So I top up the money I get with my lab work, and by making guitar parts (truss rods, and the bolts that go in fret cutting saws, using an old industrial metal lathe. Old fashioned one, my old man has had it since his apprenticeship many moons ago AFAIK, but its a real trojan, built like a tank, and works like a charm). Otherwise I'd not have enough to get by. I'd have enough to eat, and if I saved up, to buy clothes with, but thats about it.

So why should I not top up what I get?

And part of the benefit I get, not much, IIRC a bit less than £20 a week, is for being a speshul ed spazz :LOL:

What is working black, lit?

Offline luciaelizabeth

• Frequent Poster
  • kotityttö
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 09:40:50 AM »

No.

Some of us have this nagging thing called integrity :)

Have I missed something? Lestat said he is working AND claming state welfare and doesn't pay for his meds like everyone else who works. I don't see any integrity in that tbh.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 09:42:31 AM »
What is gross?

I can't really do much about that. I have been trying, HARD, ever since I left school at 16, to find work, and I have had, in all that time, maybe 3-4 interviews, all of which turned me down.

Can't imagine why.

And with my memory loss, and chronic pain, I would find it very difficult to hold down work I think. I'd do my best, and work like a dog, if only somebody would give me a chance. All I ask, is that somebody take the chance of taking me on, and let me work. But no luck :(

Well, so long as it isn't your fault and you are a genuine, certified victim.

The benefits I get, amount to a couple of hundred a month, hardly enough to live on to begin with, even though I pay no rent, living with my folks, and pay no bills.

So I top up the money I get with my lab work, and by making guitar parts (truss rods, and the bolts that go in fret cutting saws, using an old industrial metal lathe. Old fashioned one, my old man has had it since his apprenticeship many moons ago AFAIK, but its a real trojan, built like a tank, and works like a charm). Otherwise I'd not have enough to get by. I'd have enough to eat, and if I saved up, to buy clothes with, but thats about it.

You absolutely should.  Hard working people should pay extra so you can sit in your parent's basement drooling on yourself with a needle in your arm.  It's perfectly logical and fair to all involved.  Why should you be forced to contribute to society?

TheoK

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 09:43:16 AM »

Working without paying tax  :thumbup:

Offline luciaelizabeth

• Frequent Poster
  • kotityttö
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 09:45:17 AM »
What is gross?

And part of the benefit I get, not much, IIRC a bit less than £20 a week, is for being a speshul ed spazz :LOL:

Working black is what you're doing.

I know it's hard living on benefits, trust me I have done it myself for a year or so. Oh yeah, and I wasn't living at fucking home. I had rent to pay and bills to save up for.

But boo fucking hoo. You get over it and work hard to find someone who eventually will employ you.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 10:04:38 AM »
If somebody would just give me the chance, I'd be off all but one of the benefits I get in a heartbeat (the DLA, for being a speshul spazz I am entitled to regardless of working)

I've tried, and tried, ever since I left school, I was 16 then, I am now 26.

I only ask for a chance, to work hard, and to prove myself to be a good, hard working employee, if my medical issues turn out to allow for it. That surely isn't asking much?

I'm still trying to find a job. But it just gets harder the longer I go without success.

No work history means its harder to find a job. The question that gets asked is 'why have you no experience'
And I find one has to HAVE experience to GET work. And I get asked why I don't have a CV to hand in, or just rejected out of hand because I have no CV. But thing is, I have nothing to PUT on a CV to begin with. What an I meant to do about that? fill in the work history I haven't been given a chance to ever get?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2012, 10:13:30 AM »
I only ask for a chance, to work hard, and to prove myself to be a good, hard working employee,

What you fail to understand is that by definition that means you have to not be a drug addict.  What you want is someone willing to hire a junkie and give him a "chance" to see if he can do well in spite of the fact that he has already proven himself incapable of handling even everyday life in his parent's basement without turning to chemicals to help him cope.  Who the well would be stupid enough to place the future of his company, himself and his family in the hands of someone so poorly equipped?

Clearly it's all the fault of "the man" for not realizing that you are quite special.

Offline luciaelizabeth

• Frequent Poster
  • kotityttö
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2012, 10:16:24 AM »
I know it's hard, but I think you should get out of the "asking for a chance" mindset. For experience- email organizations in the kind of arena you think you like to work in and ask if they can take you on for work experience. You can also do volunteer work, some of it is even fun. Get out there.

I know how hard it is finding work, especially at the moment and gaps in any employment history are not good. But in my experience with the Job Centre - you need to do it yourself. I have never had a job through them. They're shit, and their "advisors" aren't trained properly. If you need more support, get yourself down to an agency, they're head and shoulders over the Job Centre as far as support and advice goes.

;)

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2012, 10:21:02 AM »
MLA, just get off your high horse and stop being such a moralizing gobbet of smegma. I do not go in with that attitude. What I meant by giving me a chance, is that I just ask for, after an interview, to be taken on, and allowed to prove I am willing to work my arse off and do a good job.

And drug addict? lol I just like my drugs. Yes, I'm physically dependent on pain meds. And of course, being on anticonvulsants, those can't just suddenly be stopped safely, and if I did stop them, I'd be back to square one with the seizures. The chlormethiazole doesn't completely control them at the dose I'm on now (192mg BD, one dose on waking, one at night) but it does help a lot.

And yes, job center are shite.

I've tried agencies too, and they flat out refused to even LOOK for an employer that would take me on, or show me any of their vacancies, because I have no experience.