Author Topic: Drugs Live (people taking ecstacy on TV)  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Drugs Live (people taking ecstacy on TV)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 11:23:54 PM »
I have taken ecstasy twice and nothing happened both times. The people I was with enjoyed themselves though.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 04:48:52 AM »
You are on an SSRI, aren't you ren? and an antipsychotic?

Both are known to kill the experience. Although taking serotonergic drugs with SSRIs is dangerous, it can lead to serotonin syndrome, which is an excruciating way to die.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 07:30:35 AM »
I've taken it maybe 10 times, with 2 different 'brands' of pills.  One brand was very enjoyable, but the other was pretty shitty and didn't do much for me.  It would be much better if I could go down to the local pharmacy and get a blister pack with a known dosage and composition.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 02:08:21 AM »
You are on an SSRI, aren't you ren? and an antipsychotic?

Both are known to kill the experience. Although taking serotonergic drugs with SSRIs is dangerous, it can lead to serotonin syndrome, which is an excruciating way to die.
You remember. :) I have taken SSRIs before but now I am on an NRI.

No, this was before I was medicated for mental problems. I wasn't taking any medications back then.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 02:44:56 AM by renaeden »
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 02:23:55 AM »
Oddly, I've never found MDMA very enjoyable at all, or its beta-ketone cousin, methylone (the cathinone homolog of MDMA), I have had a couple of enjoyable times on the two of them, but on the whole, if I take either, I just want it to end.

The reason being, is that the whole loved up, empathic warm fuzzball personality change is just not me. It never really settles in, always makes itself known as being something artificial, and fake/forced.

I wonder if its to do with the different expression of oxytocin in auties/aspies.

Oddly, I really enjoy just one, out of the entactogens I've tried, alpha-methyltryptamine. That one is basically the indole analog of amphetamine, but acts as a serotonin releaser, and a dyed in the wool, true psychedelic at the same time.

Its helped me work on my PTSD, to get myself into an open, receptive state, where I could go off into the woods hiking, and just slowly work through everything. I don't understand why I don't hate the stuff actually, it has so much, subjectively speaking, in common with MDMA and beta-keto-MDMA.

Never tried MDA though. Although I don't hold out much hope of it being terribly agreeable, I do have pretty much all the essential precursors to hand though, so I will give it a try some time.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 09:18:43 AM »
Oddly, I've never found MDMA very enjoyable at all, or its beta-ketone cousin, methylone (the cathinone homolog of MDMA), I have had a couple of enjoyable times on the two of them, but on the whole, if I take either, I just want it to end.

The reason being, is that the whole loved up, empathic warm fuzzball personality change is just not me. It never really settles in, always makes itself known as being something artificial, and fake/forced.

I wonder if its to do with the different expression of oxytocin in auties/aspies.

Oddly, I really enjoy just one, out of the entactogens I've tried, alpha-methyltryptamine. That one is basically the indole analog of amphetamine, but acts as a serotonin releaser, and a dyed in the wool, true psychedelic at the same time.

Its helped me work on my PTSD, to get myself into an open, receptive state, where I could go off into the woods hiking, and just slowly work through everything. I don't understand why I don't hate the stuff actually, it has so much, subjectively speaking, in common with MDMA and beta-keto-MDMA.

Never tried MDA though. Although I don't hold out much hope of it being terribly agreeable, I do have pretty much all the essential precursors to hand though, so I will give it a try some time.

And these help your knee how????

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 09:28:46 AM »
MDA/MDMA/beta-C=O-MDMA/alpha-methyltryptamine?

No, they have fuck all to do with my knee and hip. Those aren't the only medical issues I have though.

I'm dealing with, at the moment:

Really bad knee, and worse hip, both the same leg. Neuropathy thanks to nerve damage due to a botched surgery on my knee (which didn't help the problem it was meant to either), seizures, clonidine for overloads (although it helps me sleep too, and acts as a muscle relaxant which helps the muscle spasms in my leg)

Muscle spasms, severe ones at that in my calf and thigh, again my bad leg.
A shitload of problems sleeping, complete fucked sleep cycle....or second thoughts, more of a complete lack of anything that could possibly be called a regular sleep cycle :P
Memory loss, severe impairment of short term, and working memory, as well as difficulty retaining information I have learned

PTSD.

RLS (restless leg syndrome), although it affects my entire body in my case, which is really, REALLY fucking unconfortable.

Myoclonus and muscle fasciculations.

Wrist drop, unknown cause, happened suddenly a month or so ago, getting a lot better now, I can move my hand up and down, move my fingers etc. now, where it used to be near complete paralysis and loss of sensation.

Also a localized infection on my earlobe, but thats not a chronic problem, just a temporary annoyance that the antibiotics will clear up.

Some back pain still. It used to be really bad, but has pretty much got mostly better now, to the extent that I don't notice it much at all thanks to the oxy I get for the knee/hip

midlifeaspie

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 09:34:31 AM »
Well shit, you are not on nearly enough drugs yet.  I understand that methamphetamine is really good for earlobe infections, and that PTSD is best treated by free-basing cocaine.  As far as RLS goes, I have that too and have always found that the best relief comes from shooting heroin into my eyeball.

Best of luck with all that.

TheoK

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 09:35:57 AM »
Adolf was on at least 28 drugs a day  :thumbup: :hitler:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 09:42:55 AM »
Adolf was on at least 28 drugs a day  :thumbup: :hitler:

And he was  :viking:

TheoK

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 09:45:17 AM »
 :agreed: :indeed:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 09:57:54 AM »
Lol what the fuck MLA.

Not a fan of stimulants at all. I have made some meth before, not particularly enjoyed it. I have some pseudoephedrine here, in pure, clean crystalline form, but its been there for years, untouched, save occasionally, a few milligrams dissolved in water, and then a drop or two in each nostril to remedy nasal congestion (I can't tolerate it systemically, but a couple of mg locally applied causes me no problems)

And yes, I have tried crack. Didn't much like it, save the one time that was enjoyable to a degree. No real desire to go out and buy any coke to make base from either. If I was offered a few rocks for free, I'd probably take them, and smoke a rock or two of crack, then as it wears off, shoot some opiates and pop some chlormethiazole and benzos.

But I wouldn't PAY for it. Hell, if I was given some for nothing, most likely I'd convert it to coke HCl first. Or use it to experiment towards developing more interesting and exotic tropane-based DARIs.

For your RLS, I recommend clonidine. And get your iron levels checked too, some people with low iron/ferritin levels find thats the cause of the RLS. Alternatively, dopamine agonists help many people. (If you go with a DA agonist, try to get on one that isn't based on ergot alkaloids, many of the ergot derivatives have a high affinity for the serotonin 5HT2b receptor, not a problem for odd usage now and then, but chronic activation of 5HT2bRs tends to cause a potentially lethal fibrosis of the cardiac valves)

I know you were being a sarky twat as usual, but actually, opioids have been tested for RLS, and are very, very effective. Doesn't need anything strong, I'd imagine a codeine 30, or maybe a 60mg dose nightly would help. I find my RLS completely, utterly vanishes once I've banged one of my OCs.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 10:09:24 AM »
Lol what the fuck MLA.

Not a fan of stimulants at all. I have made some meth before, not particularly enjoyed it. I have some pseudoephedrine here, in pure, clean crystalline form, but its been there for years, untouched, save occasionally, a few milligrams dissolved in water, and then a drop or two in each nostril to remedy nasal congestion (I can't tolerate it systemically, but a couple of mg locally applied causes me no problems)

And yes, I have tried crack. Didn't much like it, save the one time that was enjoyable to a degree. No real desire to go out and buy any coke to make base from either. If I was offered a few rocks for free, I'd probably take them, and smoke a rock or two of crack, then as it wears off, shoot some opiates and pop some chlormethiazole and benzos.

But I wouldn't PAY for it. Hell, if I was given some for nothing, most likely I'd convert it to coke HCl first. Or use it to experiment towards developing more interesting and exotic tropane-based DARIs.

For your RLS, I recommend clonidine. And get your iron levels checked too, some people with low iron/ferritin levels find thats the cause of the RLS. Alternatively, dopamine agonists help many people. (If you go with a DA agonist, try to get on one that isn't based on ergot alkaloids, many of the ergot derivatives have a high affinity for the serotonin 5HT2b receptor, not a problem for odd usage now and then, but chronic activation of 5HT2bRs tends to cause a potentially lethal fibrosis of the cardiac valves)

I know you were being a sarky twat as usual, but actually, opioids have been tested for RLS, and are very, very effective. Doesn't need anything strong, I'd imagine a codeine 30, or maybe a 60mg dose nightly would help. I find my RLS completely, utterly vanishes once I've banged one of my OCs.

:lol1:

Propofol cures all of the above too.  For a little while anyway.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 10:16:30 AM »
Very short acting, and totally unsuitable for self-medication. Propofol just knocks you right out. I've had it once, for induction of anaesthesia, in combination with fentanyl for my knee surgery and it hit like a ten ton tank.

Its been abused/taken recreationally by anaesthetists before quite a lot of times, and frequently has killed even those with expertise in its use. EXTREMELY steep dose-response curve. Plus its pretty much active by IV only.