Author Topic: Wassup  (Read 1050 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Wassup
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2012, 06:23:44 AM »
That second picture looks like cucumber. Can't stand that, heh. And I don't know what the 4th one is.

I sure don't want diabetes. II would be terrified of going blind if I had it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2012, 06:27:55 AM »
That second picture looks like cucumber. Can't stand that, heh. And I don't know what the 4th one is.

I sure don't want diabetes. II would be terrified of going blind if I had it.

Fourth one was potato salad. Who would have thought potato salad could be an off-pink colour? See there is still interest to be found in eating healthy.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2012, 06:56:43 AM »
Although even salads can be the wrong choice depending on the dressing you put on it. Diabetes runs on my Dad's side of the family and now both my parents are Type II. It's something I'm very aware of which is why I try to make smart decisions, cook from scratch, and attempt balance in food choices etc.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2012, 07:46:20 AM »
Yeah lucky I don't actually like cake and sweets much.

Surprisingly enough, I shouldn't eat too much potatoes/corn as they get turned into sugars in the blood.

General rule is, 1/4 of your plate lean meat, 1/4 starchy veggies like potato/corn/rice, and the other 1/2 regular veggies. also have to limit bread to 4 slices a day etc. No white processed foods, fake sugar, low fat milk.

The kicker is that lots of diabetic recipes have tomatoes as they are meant to be good for you, but tomatoes are my No.1 hated food.  :thumbdn:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2012, 09:33:10 AM »
I think they said in the risk assessment, cutting waist size to below 100cms is a good thing. You planning to slim down?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2012, 09:35:21 AM »
Already started, down 7kg and pants are loose. A good start, just have to keep it up now.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2012, 09:41:36 AM »
Already started, down 7kg and pants are loose. A good start, just have to keep it up now.

True.
Push ups, sit ups, sensible eating and jogging or running on a beach (soft impact) combined with sensible eating and cutting down the calories will help no doubt.
This is really presumption I think most people should at your or my age look to do this to some extent. I should start. I think I could sacrifice my one drinking night a week and perhaps start gentle exercise regime myself.
I dunno how I would go with rationed or changed diets. I like my mexican burrittos and my coca cola and my cakes to really do anything too radical at this point.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2012, 10:08:28 PM »
At our age I don't think we have much choice, the doctors pretty much insist when you hit 40. As if I didn't like going to the doctor before, now it's worse.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2012, 10:37:00 PM »
Hey guys, just stepped out for a bit, did I miss anything?

Yeah, we finally got the females to post n00ds.

Welcome back. ;D

where?
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

P7PSP

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2012, 10:45:15 PM »
Yes, good start.  :thumbup:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2012, 01:29:55 AM »
Hey guys, just stepped out for a bit, did I miss anything?

Yeah, we finally got the females to post n00ds.

Welcome back. ;D

where?

Hey, I'm trying to make him stay. I figured he'd be hoping he'd be here if something like it happened again. :P

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2012, 02:04:05 AM »
Wasn't there Lits little mate?

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2012, 07:00:26 AM »

True.
Push ups, sit ups, sensible eating and jogging or running on a beach (soft impact) combined with sensible eating and cutting down the calories will help no doubt.
This is really presumption I think most people should at your or my age look to do this to some extent. I should start. I think I could sacrifice my one drinking night a week and perhaps start gentle exercise regime myself.
I dunno how I would go with rationed or changed diets. I like my mexican burrittos and my coca cola and my cakes to really do anything too radical at this point.
I don't think radical is necessary though. Besides, radical diet changes makes it hard for people to stick with over a long time and yo-yo dieting isn't good for ones health. Gradual changes seems to make more sense. I stopped drinking (would seem radical to some :laugh: but it was easy for me as I wasn't a huge drinker to begin with), I don't have a lot of sweets anyway, but my 1 coke a day is my vice and I'm just fine with that. I upped my water intake, watched my fruits since they do have a lot of sugar and tried to increase the variety of what I eat. I've always been a walker so I increased my distance. It makes it easier over the long term if its done gradually.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

midlifeaspie

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2012, 01:06:53 PM »
Wasn't there Lits little mate?

Stalin :)

Followed by Eclair's slip-up, and then Bodie's gift to us later on.  It's been boob-tastic round here :D

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2012, 11:09:46 AM »
You're so funny man, I'm the fat one, I'm the one who needs to relax, yet you're the one who had a heart attack. Life's cruel isn't it.

The pain in the arse thing is that I now have type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, so no soul food for me anymore  :'(
At lease I've been losing some weight lately because of new diet and some exercise.

You are right. Life can be cruel

I think they said in the risk assessment, cutting waist size to below 100cms is a good thing. You planning to slim down?

It's just a matter of slowly erasing all the old habits and not getting too discouraged when I fall off the wagon.
Pretty much stay away from anything processed, and bread can be a big no-no, even Subway raises my blood sugar level too much.

Yeah lucky I don't actually like cake and sweets much.

Surprisingly enough, I shouldn't eat too much potatoes/corn as they get turned into sugars in the blood.

General rule is, 1/4 of your plate lean meat, 1/4 starchy veggies like potato/corn/rice, and the other 1/2 regular veggies. also have to limit bread to 4 slices a day etc. No white processed foods, fake sugar, low fat milk.

The kicker is that lots of diabetic recipes have tomatoes as they are meant to be good for you, but tomatoes are my No.1 hated food.  :thumbdn:

This sounds all pretty sensible actually.

That sounds rather nasty . Type 2 Diabetes

Diabetes is a major health concern because of significant complications that include increased risk of heart disease and stroke, blindness, kidney failure, limb amputation, and erectile dysfunction in men.
 •Over two-thirds of all cardiovascular disease deaths occur in people with diabetes or pre-diabetes.
•Diabetic blindness is the leading cause of blindness in Australians aged under 60.
•About 30 per cent of people with diabetes will develop kidney disease.
•Diabetes is the sixth highest cause of death by disease in Australia.

...you should be fine in the long term, and not one of those harrowing statistics.

No guarantees in anything but doing the above is gonna place you in a far better position to deal with things. Education, moderation, and the ability to keep this up through your life I think will likely place you outside of the statistics. Good on you for doing this. For yourself and for your wife and kids too.

But that out the way…..you sure you do not want to try to have potshots at me and my ex-wife’s relationship or perhaps me and my kids or what sort of a person I am? I am cool with this. I do not think we had past issues ever resolved and happy to go a few more rounds with you.

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,14899.msg913505.html#msg913505

It's about men keeping other men in line.

Besides L has a nice new peanut Gallery set up for the occasion.

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,20092.msg913854.html#msg913854

I know you think I am a low cunt so why not? You may manage to keep me in line? That has to be worth something? Word of warning though if you agree, Éclair won’t be here to back you, but then we men don’t need women to back us right? I think this goes against the pulling men into line ethos anyhow.

I would be keen to find out your actual position on women, your views on them, and what they can or can’t do. Whether they can defend themselves in an argument or have a point of view and whatever. You seem to say and act in a contrary fashion last time and remain evasive on questions put to you about these kinds of things.