Author Topic: Why do people boast and brag...  (Read 997 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: Why do people boast and brag...
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2012, 09:08:17 AM »
to be fair, once youve seen one baby, youve seen them all.

People don't share pictures of their kids so you can see a "new looking" baby.  It's to share their joy.  If someone chooses to share that with you then they clearly have an emotional attachment to you.  You can take that as a compliment or not, but they aren't trying to teach you something.

Yes Kit - you suck at communicating almost as much as parenting.  Maybe you should have focused your energies on the former before spreading your legs for your retarded, disabled, poop-obsessed sicko of a husband.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2012, 09:28:15 AM »
lol i know ppl arent trying to show me something new. i get the parents wanting to show pics etc. i would if i had a kid too

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2012, 10:41:31 AM »
Parents bragging endlessly about their kiddos can get kind of obnoxious to us non-breeders, but it's really more positive than negative the vast majority of the time- you're stuck with a crying poop machine that's totally dependent on you, so if you're happy about it and want to share the enthusiasm, at least that means you're probably in a good frame of mind to take care of your child.

That said, I've seen examples here and there of parents making ghastly choices (including, in some cases, the choice to be a parent in the first place when they absolutely should not have) and then looking to their friends and family for validation.  It sickens me.  I actively avoid being around those people because they make me so angry.

I have seen parents claim online they can't stand others bragging about their own kids. So they start saying things like "it's not a competition" "We're not in a competition" "Poor you."

I have learned that at Babycenter, saying good things about yourself or about your kids or what they have accomplished is "bragging." I never knew that was bragging so I have probably bragged about my own.

I have seen parents say they don't like seeing lot of photos of their friends babies on facebook or seeing what they post about them in their status such as about poop or pee, potty training, messy faces. Plus even the childfree have said the same.

Really, you can't win so I just do what I feel is right and not care what others think. I will post photos of my son on facebook, I will post some things about him on there too, I am guilt of posting his birthday photos and one of them was him with a messy face from his cake. I am guilty of having him in my FB profile picture and creating a whole page on him. I am guilty of using him as my avatar on WP and on Babycenter and having one of those tickers in my signature about him. There will always be someone out there who be critical about all this and act like it's all wrong and say what bad parents we are for it or attention whores.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2012, 10:44:47 AM »

People don't share pictures of their kids so you can see a "new looking" baby.  It's to share their joy.  If someone chooses to share that with you then they clearly have an emotional attachment to you.  You can take that as a compliment or not, but they aren't trying to teach you something.

Yes Kit - you suck at communicating almost as much as parenting.  Maybe you should have focused your energies on the former before spreading your legs for your retarded, disabled, poop-obsessed sicko of a husband.

But some people don't want to see your baby so I decided fine I won't show them them unless they want to.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2012, 05:47:16 AM »
Kit, you're attending to feedback and capitulating on some of the most irrelevant possible aspects of parenting, and ignoring the feedback that actually matters.

it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2012, 10:00:46 AM »
Kit, you're attending to feedback and capitulating on some of the most irrelevant possible aspects of parenting, and ignoring the feedback that actually matters.

She's not going to suddenly "get it"

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2012, 05:41:41 PM »

She's not going to suddenly "get it"
I know.  I also know the morning news won't suddenly start presenting information in an intelligent and thoughtful manner as a result of my swearing at the TV set, but it's cathartic.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2012, 09:15:12 PM »

Nope.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2012, 05:32:42 AM »

Nope.

Thank goodness, Odeon is right.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2012, 06:02:54 AM »
theyre all the same to me :M

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2012, 06:08:37 AM »
theyre all the same to me :M

Before I became a godmother, I thought babies would be fare more convenient, if you could treat them like potplants. Put them in the window sill, water them, and change the soil/diaper, when needed. By the time they started to talk and act, they were interesting enough to interact with.

But, my godson totally changed that view. I was his third carer, for a while, due to severe illness from his mother. Babies, they change by the second, and, thank goodness, all are different, the character shows right from the start.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2012, 06:09:56 AM »
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2012, 08:57:24 AM »
u dont see much character in random baby pics of ppl u barely know tho. im not talking about babies u have a relationship with. i mean random babies a colleague etc shows u. unless theres something wrong with them then theyre no different to any other