Educational

Author Topic: I hope this guy doesn't have AS  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: I hope this guy doesn't have AS
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2012, 07:21:26 AM »

From what I read of his description, the guy does sound like an aspie unfortunately. He also had a profile on Adult Friend Finder and wrote, "Will you visit me in prison?" or something to that effect.
I don't think greater access to mental health care would have stopped him.  Even if it was free, he'd still have to be willing to take it.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2012, 08:23:35 AM »
First off, I like guns. They're useful in the right hands and are essential in protecting yourself in dangerous areas if used responsibly. I would happily obtain one if it means ruining the life of some scumbag that was trying to mess with me.

On the other hand, I do also agree with strict gun laws. Sure gun violence still exists over here and the UK, but I presume it's nowhere near the amount that happens in countries like the US. To allow lax gun laws assumes everyone is normal, responsible people when in reality most people are not in the right mindset or competent to own one. To have a gun means you have some sort of power over others in a sense, and power can get to people's heads. Human nature after all.

The debate itself seems to be fairly complicated and I don't think we can ever agree on this. But all I can say is this: Americans, best stop caring about what other countries think of guns.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:26:24 AM by schleed »

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2012, 08:27:50 AM »
Gun control is like debating apples vs. oranges, we can debate it until hell freezes over and nothing will ever change.  :LOL:

I respect everyone's views because we're all coming from different areas, and have seen different things.

This area has been subject to frequent home invasions, 2 most notable resulting in the stabbing of 2 of the occupants, and the other resulting in the death of the intruder after he broke in an older couples home at 4:30 am on Thanksgiving morning. Both just up the road from me.

With budget cuts and a sometimes understaffed police force, an average response time of possibly 30 minutes or longer from 911 (depending on location), and the fact that with the exception of my son I am alone 90% of the time, I personally am grateful for the freedom we do have concerning self-defense and firearms and my views I'm sure will not change.

On a strange note...over 2 months ago a guy I dated 20+ years ago and haven't seen since, showed up at my FIL's, higher than a kite waving a pistol around demanding to know where I was living since my mom had passed away. Thankfully my FIL put the fear of god into him, and he never showed up here. A few weeks later I saw he was doing jail time for heaven knows what. He was a tard 20+ years ago but okay, unfortunately now he's a tard fueled by oxy's. Ya just never know. :zombiefuck:

TheoK

« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2012, 08:31:03 AM »
You don't need a gun to get oxy, though, unless you want to rob a pharmacy :toporly:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2012, 09:33:05 AM »
I don't get how gun ownership threatens politicians?

Your politicians in the US are under more control than ours, are they?

And you dont seem to get it. I'm not BLAMING the gun. Obviously an inanimate object doesnt shoot someone of its own accord. But give a psycho a gun, and he's a lot more dangerous than he was without it

I for one am glad we have strict gun control here

and i dont think your political situation is any better than ours just because your ppl have guns. so how is it a threat to politicians? surely it's usually civilians getting shot?

The 2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution is intended to keep the government in check by having an armed citizenry that can dispose of any unjust and corrupt government. You Brits lost your gun rights one tragedy at a time, and guess what, crime still happened. Case in point, the 2009 Upton Park riots. In actuality, the US is not an excellent model for an armed citizenry, a better example would be Switzerland.

Unjust and corrupt governments overthrown: 0
Annual handgun deaths in the US: 52,447

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2012, 09:49:31 AM »

And you dont seem to get it. I'm not BLAMING the gun. Obviously an inanimate object doesnt shoot someone of its own accord. But give a psycho a gun, and he's a lot more dangerous than he was without it

and i dont think your political situation is any better than ours just because your ppl have guns. so how is it a threat to politicians? surely it's usually civilians getting shot?

The 2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution is intended to keep the government in check by having an armed citizenry that can dispose of any unjust and corrupt government. You Brits lost your gun rights one tragedy at a time, and guess what, crime still happened. Case in point, the 2009 Upton Park riots. In actuality, the US is not an excellent model for an armed citizenry, a better example would be Switzerland.

And how many of those deaths are attributed to a legally obtained weapon?
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

midlifeaspie

« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2012, 09:53:24 AM »

And how many of those deaths are attributed to a legally obtained weapon?

The majority.  Over 60% of gun deaths in the US are suicide.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2012, 10:00:38 AM »
You know he may not actually be Aspie but may be a Psychopath or a Sociopath. I would put monry on these two as better chance.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

TheoK

« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2012, 10:01:48 AM »
What does suicide have to do with not using a gun properly? Suicide is a right, unless you consider yourself property of the state.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2012, 10:19:31 AM »
What does suicide have to do with not using a gun properly? Suicide is a right, unless you consider yourself property of the state.

What does your post have to do with the subject at hand?  :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2012, 10:54:47 AM »
I have a feeling that PPK won't get an answer.

From me, you mean? We've tried beating this particular dead horse on a number of occasions and I don't see why we should do it again. I respect PPK's views and I know he respects mine, but we don't always agree. We don't have to.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2012, 01:47:26 PM »
Gun control is like debating apples vs. oranges, we can debate it until hell freezes over and nothing will ever change.  :LOL:

I respect everyone's views because we're all coming from different areas, and have seen different things.

This area has been subject to frequent home invasions, 2 most notable resulting in the stabbing of 2 of the occupants, and the other resulting in the death of the intruder after he broke in an older couples home at 4:30 am on Thanksgiving morning. Both just up the road from me.

With budget cuts and a sometimes understaffed police force, an average response time of possibly 30 minutes or longer from 911 (depending on location), and the fact that with the exception of my son I am alone 90% of the time, I personally am grateful for the freedom we do have concerning self-defense and firearms and my views I'm sure will not change.

On a strange note...over 2 months ago a guy I dated 20+ years ago and haven't seen since, showed up at my FIL's, higher than a kite waving a pistol around demanding to know where I was living since my mom had passed away. Thankfully my FIL put the fear of god into him, and he never showed up here. A few weeks later I saw he was doing jail time for heaven knows what. He was a tard 20+ years ago but okay, unfortunately now he's a tard fueled by oxy's. Ya just never know. :zombiefuck:

I totally get your viewpoint IQ.   I am also alone, well with a five year old, for weeks and weeks.  If you don't feel safe in your own home then life can be really miserable.

Police?  well,  they are a joke.   :grrr:
blah blah blah

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2012, 06:05:40 PM »
There is talk going around the internet that he does have AS, and that the defense may use it to get an insanity plea. Well, there goes the gun rights of our section of the population.

On where, exactly? Wrong Planet? The place where anybody could be an aspie?

:wanker: Comment sections on a few articles.

Some idiot MSNBC host who apparently actually has an aspie son. Way to go, daddy.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

TheoK

« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2012, 06:07:21 PM »
What a piece of shit  :thumbdn:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2012, 06:56:15 PM »
The MSNBC host said he "did not want to generalize," but that he knew who was responsible as soon as he heard about the shooting. "I knew it was a young, white male, probably from an affluent neighborhood, disconnected from society, it happens time and time again," he remarked.

Here's a generalization for you... Joe Scarborough is an asshole. :wanker: