Author Topic: motherfucking jury duty  (Read 1297 times)

P7PSP

Re: motherfucking jury duty
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2012, 10:16:25 PM »
I'm not there yet Richard. Another month I will be. I sure as hell don't want to deal; with a funnel web spider.  :zombiefuck: You should do fine on Jury Duty. They pay mileage for people with vehicles so you may get a bus pass out of it.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2012, 10:20:02 PM »
good luck in austraila dude, :thumbup:
austraila seems to be like a watermelon rind, everyone lives near the cost. I'd defintly check out some of the sapphire river? beds they have out there. they pirticularly seem to produce fine green sapphire
:skywarp:

P7PSP

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2012, 10:25:56 PM »
 Thanks Richard, I didn't realize that Sapphire came in green. Of course I don't know geology as well as you do. I have my 9 ct fire agate with me right now though. They are fine stones.  :thumbup:

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2012, 10:32:39 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot about that fire agate you bought. Sapphires come in all different colors, pretty much every color and the red variaty of the mineral corundum then becomes ruby. Fire agate thanks you for showing them some attention, down in austraila they also have opal. and i think you'll be amazed at just how expencive they are

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2012, 11:51:16 PM »
I'm a terrible lair. i might herp derp if i say i'm here to find guilty people, its againt my religion etc. to judge someone else
they'll see right through my lies and slap the cuffs on meh, :puppy: :bunny:

A lady here lied to get out of jury duty dressing crazy and telling the judge that her PTSD was making it impossible for her to serve, so the judge dismissed her.  A few months later, she was bragging on the radio about how she did all that and was lying about the PTSD just to get out of jury duty and the judge heard her.  She was arrested.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2012, 08:53:44 AM »
will the court reimburse me for my fucking buss ticket for a week?

They sell tickets now?

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2012, 10:07:55 AM »
A lady here lied to get out of jury duty dressing crazy and telling the judge that her PTSD was making it impossible for her to serve, so the judge dismissed her.  A few months later, she was bragging on the radio about how she did all that and was lying about the PTSD just to get out of jury duty and the judge heard her.  She was arrested.
I saw that, she would have gotten away with it if she would have kept her big mouth shut.  :laugh:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2012, 10:14:55 AM »
Oh yeah, I forgot about that fire agate you bought. Sapphires come in all different colors, pretty much every color and the red variaty of the mineral corundum then becomes ruby. Fire agate thanks you for showing them some attention, down in austraila they also have opal. and i think you'll be amazed at just how expencive they are

I remember going to Coober pedy in South Australia when i was 12. (Yes, yes I know it was in the mid 1800's) and saw the best opals. they became my favourite gemstones. They also showed the mines and the underground houses people built. Fucking eye opening. All bullshit aside Richard, i fucking loved it and it would be a wet dream whilst you were awake. Catch a few more charity meals and save your stone money and go to SA. You will be amazed.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2012, 10:23:14 AM »
I love opals however, much like diamonds they are over hyped wich means the price is sky high. you can get fine black opal from the virgin valley in nevada thats just as good as the austrialian stuff. from what i hear coober peedy is all but done, and lightning ridge is the only place to get any decent opal now. Another reason is they crack and craze over time, because the water inside the stone gives it, its color. the water eventually evaporates out of the stone because its basically hardend silica jel. This is mostley why I fell in love wiith fire agate

not only is it much more scarce, it doesnt have any of the other problems mentioned above that opal has.
I still like opals though and they are beautiful
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 10:24:58 AM by machine head »

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2012, 05:58:14 AM »
I have jury duty coming up in about a month.  I'll show up like a good little citizen because, well, I have to, but I suspect I won't have to lie to disqualify myself; I am extremely prejudiced against the criminal injustice system at this point.  I need to dedicate the time to research how else I can make myself appear undesirable, though.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

P7PSP

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2012, 06:08:26 AM »
I have jury duty coming up in about a month.  I'll show up like a good little citizen because, well, I have to, but I suspect I won't have to lie to disqualify myself; I am extremely prejudiced against the criminal injustice system at this point.  I need to dedicate the time to research how else I can make myself appear undesirable, though.
If you don't like how it works perhaps you should consider having a say in what happens by serving as a juror if you are picked. I don't regret one bit that motherfucker who tried to kill his wife going away for a long time, or the guyy who my other jury acquitted because the prosecution had a dogshit case.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2012, 07:30:53 AM »
If you don't like how it works perhaps you should consider having a say in what happens by serving as a juror if you are picked. I don't regret one bit that motherfucker who tried to kill his wife going away for a long time, or the guyy who my other jury acquitted because the prosecution had a dogshit case.
Not worth it to me.  Because of how my job works, taking time off short-term effects my ability to make money long-term (even aside from the reduced compensation to begin with).  Even just the day I will have to take off is probably going to end up being damaging down the road.  I will mention that as well.  I'd be unmotivated to take the time necessary to arrive at a good verdict.  And also, fuck being a cog in the system.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2012, 10:31:13 AM »
Not worth it to me.  Because of how my job works, taking time off short-term effects my ability to make money long-term (even aside from the reduced compensation to begin with).  Even just the day I will have to take off is probably going to end up being damaging down the road.  I will mention that as well.  I'd be unmotivated to take the time necessary to arrive at a good verdict.  And also, fuck being a cog in the system.

I agree with PPK, because I think juries need more people who won't just be sheep and apply BS laws to send people to prison.  I think that if this happens, then jury nullification is the last step in the process to protect these people. 

However, if you have any relatives who are in law enforcement and you tell them this, they won't pick you for a jury.

If it will create a real financial hardship for you to be on a jury, they might excuse you from service.

What if being on a jury would be a financial hardship for me?

People who have an extreme financial hardship may be excused from jury duty. Do not ignore the summons. You must respond to the summons in order to be excused for hardship. The Jury Commissioner is happy to work with you. You may have to prove this hardship with a letter from your employer or with some other documentation. Last year, the Jury Commissioner excused 11,472 people due to financial hardship, without them ever having to come to court.

However, don't just fill out the jury questionaire to say that you hate a particular group of people to get out of serving.  Some guy in Massachusetts tried to get out of jury duty.  The first thing he did was fill out the questionnaire saying that he hated gays.  The judge then asked him if he was a racist and he said yes.  He also said he was a liar.  So the judge asked him if he was lying right now and the guy said "I could be."  So the judge sent him to jail.

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2012, 02:57:16 PM »
If your up for a good laugh read this entire page. the part about sitting there listening to everyone make up excuses about why they cant serve is hilarious.

http://dantat.typepad.com/dantat/2011/03/top-five-reaons-why-i-hate-jury-duty-.html

good luck elle, i'm oncall all this fucking week.  :wanker:

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2012, 05:17:33 PM »

I agree with PPK, because I think juries need more people who won't just be sheep and apply BS laws to send people to prison.  I think that if this happens, then jury nullification is the last step in the process to protect these people. 

However, if you have any relatives who are in law enforcement and you tell them this, they won't pick you for a jury.

If it will create a real financial hardship for you to be on a jury, they might excuse you from service.

What if being on a jury would be a financial hardship for me?

People who have an extreme financial hardship may be excused from jury duty. Do not ignore the summons. You must respond to the summons in order to be excused for hardship. The Jury Commissioner is happy to work with you. You may have to prove this hardship with a letter from your employer or with some other documentation. Last year, the Jury Commissioner excused 11,472 people due to financial hardship, without them ever having to come to court.

However, don't just fill out the jury questionaire to say that you hate a particular group of people to get out of serving.  Some guy in Massachusetts tried to get out of jury duty.  The first thing he did was fill out the questionnaire saying that he hated gays.  The judge then asked him if he was a racist and he said yes.  He also said he was a liar.  So the judge asked him if he was lying right now and the guy said "I could be."  So the judge sent him to jail.
I'm not going to do something stupid, Callaway.  However, I do not want to be on a jury.  Moralize all you want; I don't give a shit.  I have my reasons.