Educational

Author Topic: pink slime  (Read 766 times)

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: pink slime
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2012, 03:36:17 PM »

What can I do to change the system? It has already been done and it hasn't worked, mostly due to the low number of people who actually care, and the powers that be simply don't give a fuck, and the sheeple don't give a fuck.

And why shouldn't I exploit the system while it's still standing?

Lit?

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: pink slime
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2012, 03:50:03 PM »
For me it's two simple questions.

Do I believe the goverment has my best health interests in mind?

or

Do I believe the goverment is ruled by the almighty dollar like most of the population?

Nuclear energy is also "safe", that still doesn't mean I'm going skinny dipping next to 3 Mile Island.  :laugh:

You are correct about the government and money. Pink slime makes food "safe" because it kills the bacteria in the meat, and also makes the meat not go bad for a very long time. The most common use of pink slime these days is in the meat that goes into school lunches. Since many school lunch programs are government funded, using meat produced with pink slime is an effective cost cutting measure.

My father worked for the city of new york and he got to see some of those cost cutting measures first hand. trying to negotiate it made him ill and finally he had to quit.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher