Author Topic: make someone laugh, pt 2  (Read 48284 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: make someone laugh, pt 2
« Reply #1485 on: June 04, 2022, 03:57:46 AM »
 :evillaugh:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1486 on: June 04, 2022, 04:06:23 AM »
"I can’t think of anything that better illustrates the lure of bacon than wave after wave of wolves going to their deaths trying to get it."
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1487 on: June 04, 2022, 04:24:38 AM »
I have tried so long to like soccer or football or futbol as some call it.
What it is turning into is worse than the NBA crap the players try to pull.

I'm going back to racing!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1488 on: June 04, 2022, 07:45:27 AM »
Looks very cool, but not comfortable at all.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1489 on: June 04, 2022, 02:57:09 PM »
This is an odd optical illusion of a spinning "Mobius/Escher" type thingy that has become popular recently. This one is is a bit better than most.
Apologies in advance for the headache.
 >:D

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rvlWsxaldXw/YQqUOoL85iI/AAAAAAACCdw/YHqSP4VDn0cgSziMMLswL9MGpLPF1HmwACLcBGAsYHQ/w555-h555/tumblr_7caaa46e278e910e9b120c47765851bf_16be070d_1280.gif
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 03:00:32 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1490 on: June 04, 2022, 03:38:19 PM »
 :roar:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1491 on: June 04, 2022, 04:48:25 PM »
 :hyke:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1492 on: June 05, 2022, 04:23:35 AM »
 :lol1:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1493 on: June 05, 2022, 04:40:09 AM »
 :dunno:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1494 on: June 05, 2022, 05:50:20 AM »
His Lordship was in the study when the butler approached and clears his throat discreetly. "May I ask you a question, my lord?"
"Go ahead, Wilson," said his lordship.
"I am doing the crossword in The Times and I have found a word I am not too clear on."
"What word is that?" asked his lordship.
"Aplomb," my lord.
"Now that's a difficult one to explain. I would say it is self-assurance or complete composure."
"Thank you, my lord, but I'm still a little confused."
"Let me give you an example to make it clearer. Do you remember a few months ago when the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrived to spend a weekend with us?"
"I remember the occasion very well, my lord. It gave the staff and myself much pleasure to look after them."
"Also," continued the Earl of Grantham, "do you remember when Wills plucked a rose for Kate in the rose garden?"
"I was present on that occasion, my lord, ministering to their needs."
"While plucking the rose, a thorn embedded itself in his thumb very deeply."
"I witnessed the incident, my lord, and saw the Duchess herself remove the thorn and bandage from his thumb with her own dainty handkerchief."
"That evening the hole that the rose made on his thumb was very sore. Kate had to cut up his venison even though it was extremely tender."
"Yes, my lord, I did see everything that transpired that evening."
"And do you remember the next morning while you were pouring coffee for her ladyship, Kate inquired of Wills with a loud voice, 'Darling, does your prick still throb?' And you, Wilson, did not spill one drop of coffee? That, Wilson, is complete composure, or aplomb."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 05:52:04 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1495 on: June 05, 2022, 06:29:44 AM »
The modern expression, "Domestic Housewife"  implies that there must be feral houswives out there somewhere. Every single man now has a new goal for which to strive.
 :autism:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1496 on: June 05, 2022, 06:32:44 AM »

Society: Just be yourself!

Me: OK, then!

Society: NO! Not like that!

:finger: :finger:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1497 on: June 05, 2022, 06:38:51 AM »
 :thumbup:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1498 on: June 05, 2022, 07:48:24 AM »
 :headhurts:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1499 on: June 05, 2022, 07:50:53 AM »
 :thumbup: