Author Topic: Dad shoots daughter's laptop over facebook post  (Read 798 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Dad shoots daughter's laptop over facebook post
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 05:49:20 PM »
I agree that the daughter should do some chores, although that did sound like a lot of chores to me.  I agree that her Facebook wall post was very disrespectful to her parents.  I agree with her parents grounding her and taking away her laptop for some period of time and having her earn it back, but I do not agree with her father unloading his 45 into it.

I also think his expecting her to pay him for the bullets is over the top.  She was indeed
 disrespectful and bratty, but her dad sounds like a real prick, and I predict that they will
 be at each other's throats for years to come, in an escalating war of insults, vandalism
 and quite possibly gunfire.  Y'all have a good day!  :autism:

You're just jealous because someone else got to shoot a gun, Little Miss Annie Oakley.

I am, I want to get back to the range and blast away.  :'(
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Émile Armand

• BC sockpuppet
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 07:41:36 PM »
Is he putting his daughter in her place, as a parent should?  Is he an authoritarian jackass having a tantrum because his daughter dared to express her feelings?  How would you have handled the situation as a parent?  How did your parents handle similar situations with you?

Did the daughter buy the computer for herself? It sounds like she did not. The laptop is her father's property and he can do whatever he wants with it. Albeit, shooting it sounds like a waste of money. Was that Rosco Coltrane in the video?
I don't have a life so I like to come here and try my best trolling you all. I'm not that clever so I'm now banned. Again. Odeon wrote this after pwning my sorry arse. I'm now back at Spasticity, trying to make it look like my mission here was a success.

I cry a lot.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 07:46:50 PM »
Teens need to vent every now and then too, I remember being one (I think :LOL:), it sucked some days. I tend to take stuff like that rant the girl wrote with a grain of salt.

The only difference is before you used to vent to your friends on the playground or to your best friend on the phone holed up in your room.

Now they use facebook and what they don't realize is that it's like writing it on a fucking billboard for the whole world to see. :P

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2012, 08:18:40 PM »
Is he putting his daughter in her place, as a parent should?  Is he an authoritarian jackass having a tantrum because his daughter dared to express her feelings?  How would you have handled the situation as a parent?  How did your parents handle similar situations with you?

I would not be in that situation because I would not overwork my kids and anything they do, I do. Like if I ask them to help set the table or do the dishes, I wil be doing the same. I don't sit back.

If I did then perhaps I would deserve it. If they did do shit like this they would certainly get it. I would probably confiscate the computer,
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2012, 08:41:01 PM »
I wouldn't have gone that extreme. Maybe give way the laptop and not post about it online. I would have been on the daughter's side but after hearing her father's side, she is just a brat.

Based on the responses, what he did just made it look like that is why his daughter is bratty in the first place.

But ranting online about your parents is no different than ranting about them in your journal or to your friends. I don't see the difference. You can rant about your parents and your parents can still find out. You can write about it in your journal and your parents can still read it. Post it on Facebook and make it private, your parents can still hack into your account to read it. I assume that is how the father saw it or how else would he have seen it? How are kids supposed to rant about their parents? Or are they to bottle them all up inside because it be so disrespectful if they did?

Really, if you find that your child had said those things about you, talk to them about it. It just means they are having issues and are unhappy and maybe they aren't seeing the big picture and their perspective is off. But that girl just sounded like a brat and the chores didn't sound bad after the father explained how she was to do them. Okay it's not like she has to mop all the floors in the home or do everyone's laundry or make everyone's bed. I am sure other kids in her home had other chores too. The girl was just exaggerating. it's possible there was a miscommunication and he didn't explain to her she only has to mop two rooms and she only has to make her own bed, do her own laundry and what dishes she had to do, etc. Really none of her chores are hard at all and won't take her long.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 08:08:02 AM »
I recommend this family conflict resolution service.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 01:55:31 PM »
This is not the way to solve problems, this is a way to escalate them.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 02:39:52 PM »
Now I hear the dad is being harassed by social services and the police. Though they aren't taking her away from him, they keep getting calls and reports on "child abuse" and now Tommy (the father) has to deal with getting a lawyer. Yep another reason why posting about it online is a bad idea. I still think he should have handled it through words than posting a video about it for the whole world to see.

His facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/tommyjordaniii

You can find some drama on his wall about the incident. That's also where I got the information about his new situation the video is putting him through.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 03:37:10 PM »
This is not the way to solve problems, this is a way to escalate them.

Exactly, if Hannah Jordan is anything like her dad, I think they'll be at war for years to come.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2012, 05:06:12 PM »
Now I hear the dad is being harassed by social services and the police. Though they aren't taking her away from him, they keep getting calls and reports on "child abuse" and now Tommy (the father) has to deal with getting a lawyer. Yep another reason why posting about it online is a bad idea. I still think he should have handled it through words than posting a video about it for the whole world to see.

His facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/tommyjordaniii

You can find some drama on his wall about the incident. That's also where I got the information about his new situation the video is putting him through.

This is all I could find:

"Some of you think I made an acceptable parenting decision and others think I didn't," Jordan said on Facebook.

"There's absolutely NO way I'm going to send my child the message that it's OK to gain from something like this," Jordan posted. "It would send her a message that it's OK to profit at the expense of someone else's embarrassment or misfortune and that's not how I was raised, nor how she has been raised. My daughter isn't hurt, emotionally scarred, or otherwise damaged, but that kind of publicity has never seemed to have a positive effect on any child or family."

“Never again in my entire life will I ever do anything that garnishes this much attention, both positive and negative. I really wished we’d been prepared or something… this seems like a great time to stand up and say “Stay in School” and “Drugs are bad” and so many other things. I’m just not that complex a person to know what to do with it. Never again will I have the opportunity to speak to so many people about anything.. and instead I’m sitting here stupefied.”

“I’m ok with you picking on me. And I’m ok with you picking on my posts, but I’m NOT ok with you picking on my kid. Yes, I’ve already dealt with the local police, who by the way said “From our entire department, Kudo’s to you, sir.”

“Now I’m letting my daughter have her interview with Social Services, so they too can be satisfied that I don’t yell at her, beat her, traumatize her, lock her in a clo…set without food, deprive her of basic human rights, make her cut the grass with scizzors, hunt for her meals in the wild with only a spork, or otherwise fail to provide for my daughter. She’s great. She’s strong. And apparently she’s handling it better than some of you are.”

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2012, 05:12:30 PM »
kinda scary that you can just go outside in a non-secluded area and fire of a loaded gun  :dunno:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012, 05:15:50 PM »
It looked like he was in a big open area and he shot into the ground, so there didn't seem to be any danger of him shooting something he didn't intend to shoot.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2012, 05:17:27 PM »
I'm sure that is true. But here was traffic in the background, and I'm sure the shots could be heard in the area

Pretty scary that no one would find that unnerving

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2012, 05:22:24 PM »
It whiffs of testosterone to me :zoinks:

If your kid is posting disrespectful stuff about you it is an indication that things are very far from ok.  It should be a wake up call. 

He should have been looking at the reason's why, and trying to bridge the gap.  Instead he has succeeded in pushing her a million miles away.  Not clever.

The goal has to be real respect,  not forced.  Silly man.
blah blah blah

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2012, 05:23:20 PM »
ant shooting is a big sport here

you see people shooting into the ground all the time

we holler out "did you get one/"

and they holler back "Hell, yes"

its a big deal here in the trailer park