Educational

Author Topic: Working For A Living  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Pig

• Moron!
  • Constant Poster
Working For A Living
« on: January 30, 2012, 05:26:55 PM »
"Productivity has become the modern embodiment of slavery. Efficiency traps laborer in the circles of exploit. Chained by human costs of prostitution and the misery it incorporates. A prison of measured time."

So what do you think about employment?  I hate it - I've never had a job and never want one.

Do you think it is a necessary evil?  An unnecessary evil?  Or should those goddamn lazy liberals stop complaining, get off their asses and work for a livin'?  :LOL:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Working For A Living
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 05:29:37 PM »
I must admit I love having days where I just stay in bed with the cat, posting shit on the internet and reading books.

But I really really can't wait to get a job

I'm sure I'll be thinking "fuck this" after about a week, but just to finally be earning my own money will be awesome. I do feel bad about being unemployed.

I hope it won't be long after I graduate before I get a job, although I know it will be a shitty, low-paid one

Offline Pig

• Moron!
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 05:32:22 PM »
I do feel bad about being unemployed.
I can understand wanting money, but why feel bad about being unemployed?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 06:49:04 PM »
because im still not paying taxes or contributing anything to society, while other ppl have to work long hours etc

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 07:00:09 PM »
I like my work.  I wish it paid more and hope it will in the future.

I prefer working to not working.  When i was on disability I felt ridiculously guilty about it.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Pig

• Moron!
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 07:02:07 PM »
because im still not paying taxes or contributing anything to society, while other ppl have to work long hours etc
Oh.  As an amoral misanthrope I don't get those feelings.  In fact I would feel bad if I was contributing to society.  Darn humans.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 08:19:02 PM »
My career is the most important thing in the world to me. But in the end I'm an artist, so I can't say efficiency is the answer.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pig

• Moron!
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 08:22:47 PM »
My career is the most important thing in the world to me. But in the end I'm an artist, so I can't say efficiency is the answer.
You're an artist?  Neat-o.  Did you make your avatar?

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 08:23:34 PM »
Yeah. I also like yours. I have a thing for fire.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 08:27:41 PM »
didnt know you made your avatar, pyraxis. i like it. have you ever posted a bigger version?

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 08:30:57 PM »
I don't think so. The original is about twice the size but I can't find it on my HD now.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 09:05:08 PM »
I have worked for nearly 13 years so I don't feel too bad being on the DSP... yet. I am also studying so I can get a job that suits me. The jobs I did before were all physical ones and I was on the way to getting a bad back so I am glad I stopped for that too.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 09:48:13 PM »
The only time I ever worked was during a summer job program a few years ago. I freaking loved it. Catching the bus there, earning minimum wage, all that. I was making money, more than I'll ever get from a disability check and food stamps! I was sad when it all ended, though. I decided to go to college, and ended up flunking out because I get too distracted to do my homework, especially when it came to classes which were irrelevant to computer stuff. (Spanish, English Comp, Fine Arts, etc) Ugh. And realizing that even if I got a masters degree with a 4.0 GPA, no one would hire me.

I don't blame Pig for not wanting to contribute to this shitty society. I'm not sure if I want to even go back to college. If getting and keeping a job was easy (provided that I do good work), I'd fucking do it.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 05:11:13 AM »
If you have a fair and decent employer,  then a job can provide a sense of purpose that you may not get sat on your arse at home.  It can be a safe place to achieve structured goals and learn new skills.  Developing contacts.  More importantly it pays the bills with something left over.  Benefits only barely cover essential bills, if that.

Not all employers are good and fair.  Too many will exploit you if they can. 

If you have never tried it,  how do you know you wouldn't like it?
blah blah blah

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 05:29:59 AM »
To do what I need to do and pay my rent and feed myand cloth myself and look after my children, I NEED to work and as hard and well as i can.
My desire is to win the lottery nd be in a position I can live agood life without working.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap