Educational

Author Topic: I just love the occupy heros  (Read 343 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
I just love the occupy heros
« on: January 05, 2012, 02:41:50 PM »
 :asthing:http://money.msn.com/investing/watch-out-1-percent-the-kids-will-be-back-marketwatch.aspx
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
Re: I just love the occupy heros
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 02:43:10 PM »
http://money.msn.com/investing/watch-out-1-percent-the-kids-will-be-back-marketwatch.aspx

Did this link work?  Still trying to get the kinks out of the links.
Misunderstood.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 03:35:15 PM »
Yes your link worked.  It is 'unkinky' as you had
wished.

I am in the UK and, as yet,  don't really know too much about it.  Not enough to have an opinion anyway.
blah blah blah

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 07:37:09 PM »
Occupy might float like a butterfly, but that's about it.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 07:40:47 PM »
Bodacious, they have occupy encampments in the UK.  the corporate owned media is not reporting it though.

Serpent, all revolutions take time.

Time will tell.

All I know is that I have spent a few thousand bucks lately bailing peaceful protestors out of jail.
The time has come.....something has to give.

I fully support the premise of the movement.
Misunderstood.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 08:10:04 PM »
My only concern is the risk of co-opting by vested corporate/government interests. Without a invariant objective declared (as opposed to just say they're against the super-rich unfairly getting away with bullshit while the poor suffer), the occupy movement is at risk of being diluted into so many different causes by various influences it'll dissolve quietly. It needs to be more aggressive and rigid to a core principle in order and yet have no leaders to resist that.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:16:11 PM by ProfessorFarnsworth »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 08:21:29 PM »
All I know is that I have spent a few thousand bucks lately bailing peaceful protestors out of jail.

:plus: :plus: :plus:

(guess I'll have to keep coming back  :ner: )
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 09:31:15 PM »
My only concern is the risk of co-opting by vested corporate/government interests. Without a invariant objective declared (as opposed to just say they're against the super-rich unfairly getting away with bullshit while the poor suffer), the occupy movement is at risk of being diluted into so many different causes by various influences it'll dissolve quietly. It needs to be more aggressive and rigid to a core principle in order and yet have no leaders to resist that.
No leader, no clear strategy.
guerilla warfare.

If you were at war how would you plan a defense against this?
I think it is brilliant.

Eventually it will lead to division among the elite.  Divide and conquer is the most effective tool of war.
Misunderstood.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 09:53:08 PM »
But the same strategy would be used against the occupy protesters too. Basically you set up distractions or impose so many issues at once it stenches those protesting thin to a point where effectiveness is lost. I call it the saturation strategy, where you place out so many distractions and controversial issues, it forces the protesters to scatter or overload on fighting against so many targets at once that either that exhaust themselves or miss issues that are well hidden. This also results in public confusion as one minute people hear they're against "Corrupt practices of corporate business" and the next they're against "SOPA attempt to censor the interest" then, "End the FED" then, "Vote for Ron Paul to save America", it becomes a political clusterfuck.

Even most guerilla warriors would have a basic code or ideology that unites them and resists such dilution. The best strategy to fight against guerilla warfare is to assassinate or capture the most influential elements, or infiltrate and become the most influential of the group by intelligence gathering methods/espionage and leave the rest rudderless/reduced in effectiveness.

Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 09:57:36 PM »
I'm not against the occupy movement though, I'm for it. I'm just concerned that the elite do have a counter-strategy to deal with it and are attempting to apply it as we speak.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 10:10:23 PM »
The only thing I can say to sum up the entire movement to one ideology is that: "It's against the tyranny of corporate/government interests inhibiting their freedoms, and being subjected to an unfair and injustice double standard, defined by the haves and have nots."

Is this about right? If so then I suppose it does have a core principle.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:18:46 PM by ProfessorFarnsworth »

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 10:48:24 PM »
Bodacious, they have occupy encampments in the UK.  the corporate owned media is not reporting it though.

Serpent, all revolutions take time.

Time will tell.

I fully support the premise of the movement.

Nice one. I wish you guys success :headbang2:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:52:36 PM by Butterflies »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 10:54:06 PM »
Thank god for the Internet and social networking for news and communication....until SOPA.

Basically farnsworth, this is the elitist stategy.
I have read about undercover police officers attending occupy general assemblies.  Spotlights and surveillance set up near their encampments and police forces purchasing drone aircraft.
Scary, this is not the America I was told about growing up.

The basic premise of occupy, I think, is education through marches, general assemblies and social media.  Eventually enough Americans will WAKE UP, and do something
End corporate greed, end the GED, vote Ron Paul, student loan modifications, occupy foreclosed homes, national healthcare, end needless wars, and most importantly OVERTURN CORPORATE PERSONHOOD are many of the basic things that affect 99% of us.

The disenfranchised majority cannot win against elitist moneies.  Thus the education. 
I do not expect much change in a short period of time.  Even the 2012 elections will not see much chafe....though I am hoping for more independent, libertarian or green party candidates to win.  Most importantly I do think we will see many incumbents ( career politicians) ousted.

I am hoping for. Huge change by 2020.

The masses need to
Unite
Fight
Live free.
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 11:14:41 PM »
Aha. I was about to ask you if you were onto that one yet. Have you seen the list of companies that are talking about joining Wikipedia in an internet blackout on Jan 23rd?

AOL
eBay
Etsy
Facebook
Foursquare
Google
IAC
LinkedIn
Mozilla
OpenDNS
PayPal
Twitter
Yahoo!
Zynga

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/04/9951078-will-google-facebook-others-nuke-internet-over-sopa
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 11:17:42 PM »
Wow, even the one percent are on board.

Or, is their something dastardly planned that day and do not want people to hear the truth?

Relying on mainstream media for factual information is ignorant.  It is akin to believing a politicians campaign promises.

Thanks for the information Lyra is, I haven't heard about that.
Misunderstood.