Educational

Author Topic: RIP Christopher Hitchens  (Read 1230 times)

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
Re: RIP Christopher Hitchens
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 11:39:35 AM »
Somebody who has been endorsed by leading figure on the Nazi Holocaust, Raul Hilberg and by Noam Chomsky. 

Hitchens was a one dimensional war mongering shill. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2014, 03:10:26 PM »
Somebody who has been endorsed by leading figure on the Nazi Holocaust, Raul Hilberg and by Noam Chomsky. 

Appeal to authority.   :wanker:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2014, 03:54:21 PM »
Oh right, but Hitchens was good cause you say so  :lol1:
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2014, 04:23:16 PM »
Hitchens, unlike these clowns, understood the middle east like few journalists did.

He made arguments for going to war that made sense.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2014, 04:42:19 PM »
Hitchens, unlike these clowns, understood the middle east like few journalists did.

You mean you agree with him?

Oh yeah, he's sure been proven right about going into Iraq   :facepalm2:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2014, 08:00:09 PM »

You mean you agree with him?

Oh yeah, he's sure been proven right about going into Iraq   :facepalm2:

Going into Iraq wasn't wrong. Where things went wrong was the lack of a plan to deal with the aftermath.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2014, 02:57:39 AM »
So a million people dead and it was the right thing to do?   :facepalm2:

Hitchens should have had the balls to admit how wrong he was.  If he was so hell bent on the war, perhaps the chimney smoker alcoholic could've got himself in shape and went to Iraq himself?

No, the aftermath has been pretty much the exact intention.  It gives the excuse to get back in and stay in. 

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2014, 11:42:51 AM »

A million people wouldn't've died if the US had been prepared for the insurgency and sectarian fighting.

I, along with several others, saw the insurgency comming before the dust had settled in Iraq.

If I could, see it, then the Bush administration had no excuse not to see it and prepare for it.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2014, 04:41:15 PM »

A million people wouldn't've died if the US had been prepared for the insurgency and sectarian fighting.

I, along with several others, saw the insurgency comming before the dust had settled in Iraq.

If I could, see it, then the Bush administration had no excuse not to see it and prepare for it.

They were prepared, it's exactly what they wanted.  That's why it was made sure a brain dead moron was in power.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2014, 07:01:45 PM »

They were prepared, it's exactly what they wanted.  That's why it was made sure a brain dead moron was in power.

:facepalm2:

Never attribute to malice, that which is adequately explained by human stupidity.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2014, 06:50:14 AM »
You actually believe those with real power are that stupid?  Bush/Obama, they are just puppets.  Israeli Lobbyists have the say in America's foreign policy for the most part.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2014, 03:45:51 PM »
How time flies.

It's almost been 3 years since we lost the Hitchmeister to cancer.  :-\

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2014, 05:37:43 PM »
Its fucking awful. He had a lot more brilliance to grace us with. We are left with what we have of him though, and have to content with that.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Hannah

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2014, 09:59:38 PM »
I find this interesting actually he came across a bit arrogant but that could just be me...I am not one to take up offense for it's as if one expects the other whom brought the offense to be poisoned by the poison you metaphorically drink...It's a trap to be offended, to be upset yes but to hang onto being that way is poison (I know from first hand experience) Personally (and painfully) I've relized what makes human kind so much like God's creation is their ability to be rational and to think, to reason...

I find humans fascinating complex and wonderful all by the same token...

In my experience it isn't by happen stance that we are all so wonderfully broken, and yet so wonderfully kind...It takes a divine being to create folks so varied and so unique in my opinion...and I wouldn't take away anyone's right to believe the way they see fit, I'd actually defend it...

In the bible it says 'if at all possible be a peace with all men' meaning character what one does when no one is watching...I have found strength in my faith, and make no bones about where I stand as far as being a Christian but I've been told even by those here that I am unlike any Christian they have ever come across...

That is how it should be, we should be individuals and unique and ourselves and respect human life and views...I respectfully agree to disagree but that dose not mean I'm going to hold a freaking grudge hey let's go get some lunch  :asthing:

I have a feeling having lunch with some of you all here would rock...but that's because God made auties cool beans  :heisenberg:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2014, 09:47:56 AM »
I find this interesting actually he came across a bit arrogant but that could just be me.

I think you'd be surprised to know that Christopher Hitchens was actually well respected by many christian leaders, especially the ones who debated against him. One of them said "If it wasn't for the fact that Christopher is an atheist, he'd make a good Puritan". Christopher was driven by a very strong internal sense of morality.