Educational

Author Topic: Spasticity 2.0  (Read 10728 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Spasticity 2.0
« Reply #345 on: December 31, 2011, 08:50:05 AM »
@Odeon. Yes. Its a quote from a member. Adam has said similar stuff about attracting cool people here.

@Les. Yes. Those quotes do show some anti-i2 sentiment. They dont suggest at any desire for s2 to have an exclusive membership though.

Meaning that we didn't rewrite anything. I suppose that is as close as we'll get to an admission?

The anti-I2 sentiment implies excluding those accused of "moral outrage", just to pick but one example. Or the uncool older aspies.

You don't have to state something like that directly, Butterflies. Don't insult our intelligence by saying that you've missed the implications.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #346 on: December 31, 2011, 09:04:21 AM »
@Odeon. Yes. Its a quote from a member. Adam has said similar stuff about attracting cool people here.

@Les. Yes. Those quotes do show some anti-i2 sentiment. They dont suggest at any desire for s2 to have an exclusive membership though.

Meaning that we didn't rewrite anything. I suppose that is as close as we'll get to an admission?

The anti-I2 sentiment implies excluding those accused of "moral outrage", just to pick but one example. Or the uncool older aspies.

You don't have to state something like that directly, Butterflies. Don't insult our intelligence by saying that you've missed the implications.

Indeed. It doesn't really matter either at the end of the day.
Bullshit is bullshit and you will not get banned for that.
You will not get banned for anti-I2 sentiment or a failed headhunting expedition or for misrepresentation.
The worst that will happen is you will have to look like a twit for your efforts. The same applies to anyone and everyone trying the same kind of things.
As crappy as this place may be in your or anyone else's estimation, it allows people to make an absolute arse of themselves without censor or banning.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #347 on: December 31, 2011, 10:41:31 AM »
@Odeon. Its not an admission of anything. A couple of comments from one member, that were possibly tongue in cheek, do not suggest that s2 has ever had a policy of persuing an exclusive membership.
You could just as easily pick comments from people on this site, to suggest that this is an anti-WP, or anti-Alex site.
The views of 1 member of a site does not automatically represent the views of a site. Im sure you know this as well as anyone.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #348 on: December 31, 2011, 10:57:47 AM »
-violation of TOS removed-
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 04:40:30 AM by odeon »

Scrapheap

« Reply #349 on: December 31, 2011, 12:23:19 PM »
Re the aspie elite comment: Scrap, please point out whatever similarities you see, because frankly, I see none.

I phrased it as a question on purpose. Both you and Les were using the "cool aspies" moniker that Soph first used.

I was just pointing to the irony of that.

It doesn't matter if you were paraphrasing or not because i wasn't accusing anyone of anything.

The only similarity is the concept of a class of über Aspies.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #350 on: December 31, 2011, 03:31:08 PM »
So this is what it has come to, nasty personal attacks meant to stir up needless drama?  Are you so desperate to resort to this? I had thought better of you but I see I am wrong :thumbdn:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #351 on: December 31, 2011, 07:10:11 PM »

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

P7PSP

« Reply #352 on: December 31, 2011, 07:20:39 PM »
Looks like pee pee still doesn't like me.  :laugh:

you a little drunk there schleed?
SOP for shleed.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #353 on: December 31, 2011, 07:56:12 PM »
Spasticity was a place created for the benefit of all aspies? Nope and if this doesn't highlight it, I dunno what will.
Good luck with it Shleed.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #354 on: December 31, 2011, 08:59:15 PM »
I guess that if personal attacks are the only thing that come to mind for you, Schleed, you have already lost.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #355 on: December 31, 2011, 09:32:24 PM »

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #356 on: December 31, 2011, 10:58:10 PM »
This is bullshit. Someone from S2 has done something that some of you disagree with.
Plenty of us here have done shitty stuff to others, myself included. Not sure why a couple of people seem so interested in S2.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #357 on: December 31, 2011, 11:22:22 PM »
This is bullshit. Someone from S2 has done something that some of you disagree with.
Plenty of us here have done shitty stuff to others, myself included. Not sure why a couple of people seem so interested in S2.

It seems to me that it's a S2 team effort since Pea made the YouTube as a nasty personal attack and Schleed (who is the owner and admin of S2) reposted it here.  Do you think personal attacks like this are acceptable? 

I thought that Schleed said that he wanted S2 to have less drama than Intensity, so if that's true, then why drag S2's drama here?

Here's what he said: 

It's not "marketed" at anything and that was never my intention, except as a place for when people are tired of having to see constant drama on websites like i2....

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #358 on: January 01, 2012, 12:37:46 AM »
Just playing the messenger. He requested it to be posted.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #359 on: January 01, 2012, 12:52:03 AM »
@Callaway. I do think personal attacks are OK here. I cant see Pees vids ATM though. Posting from phone.

This site has always been full of personal attacks. I have made some myself. Some I regret, and some I dont.

On a free speech site, people have to have the right to say what they want. You might not like what they say, but they have the right to say it.

I think we have to consider how we would treat someone who is not popular on the site. Personal attacks are tolerated, if not encouraged, on some of the bigger dicks on the site.
Odeon does not deserve special treatment, and his behaviour has been terrible recently, so Im not surprised hes attracted attention.