Author Topic: Spasticity 2.0  (Read 10742 times)

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Spasticity 2.0
« Reply #330 on: December 31, 2011, 01:52:03 AM »

:poo:

Whenever I see this guy, I can hear the turds bouncing off his little shield.

bink bonk CLANK

P7PSP

« Reply #331 on: December 31, 2011, 02:09:00 AM »
I'm not sure why people keep bringing up s2 being a site for the "cool aspies." If anybody did say that it was, they were unlikely to be serious.
One of the first things I done was invite Penty, and not long afterwards, Richard.
Yeah I think spasticity is best as a younger-orientated (young in mind I mean, I'm not gonna exclude the cool older people from that :zoinks: ) version of intensity, without the bullshit
the problem isn't that there arent enough cool people to post there (there are), but that maybe it actually NEEDS one or two of the more boring ones who are also more likely to have disagreements

One person on the site has made a couple of comments about wanting cool members.

Adam has also made similar comments about wanting more cool members here, but nobody would say that this is a site for the "cool aspies," just because of a comment by Adam.
Soph can choose to address that or not. Likewise for Scrap. I find the apparent disgust about "drama", "moral outrage" etc by some here, including you, to smell like bullshit given that you, Scrap and Soph and others* have done your share of shit stirring here and elsewhere. You just don't like the direction some of the discussion has taken lately. Not liking some discussions is understandable, pretending that argumentative shit is something new on this site is disingenuous.** 

Right after I got here I read a bunch of the old callouts and arguments in other threads to get a feel for the place. Before I ever got here Ahayes, Phuc Vou, TCO, Kallister ,Johnny, Gus and others were quarreling over anything and everything and the same shit has waxed and waned since then. Pretending otherwise won't make it so.

*Me as well.

**Sounds nicer than bullshit doesn't it.

Scrapheap

« Reply #332 on: December 31, 2011, 02:42:26 AM »
YOu both know that this cool place for young aspies and a better alternative to I2 is precisely wht YOU and Adam and Shleed and Butterflies were saying. Odeon and PPK and I are repeating what YOU have been saying, so why try to bullshit about this and say it starts from us?

Bullshit! I never said that S2 was supposed to be a "cooler" place. Soph said that. You're putting words in my mouth.

Talk about rewriting history.   ::)

The only thing I ever said was that I hope it didn't become a bitch fest.     :facepalm2:   

:fp:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #333 on: December 31, 2011, 03:22:35 AM »
YOu both know that this cool place for young aspies and a better alternative to I2 is precisely wht YOU and Adam and Shleed and Butterflies were saying. Odeon and PPK and I are repeating what YOU have been saying, so why try to bullshit about this and say it starts from us?

Bullshit! I never said that S2 was supposed to be a "cooler" place. Soph said that. You're putting words in my mouth.

Talk about rewriting history.   ::)

The only thing I ever said was that I hope it didn't become a bitch fest.     :facepalm2:   

:fp:

You promoted it on Drivel that way.

No biggie mate. It doesn't matter now does it? You know that. We know that and we also all know that your saying that Odeon was trying to imply Spasticity is for the Aspie Elite was bullshit. Again, you know that and so does everyone else. We all know that Butterflies saying "Oh it was just Adam's comment" was bullshit.

Not sure i undersatnd the point in trying to say otherwise. I am sure you have your reasons, all of you, and i am sure they don't matter.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #334 on: December 31, 2011, 03:30:44 AM »
That's right, Scrap. You didn't.

What was said and by whom is clear. The sentiment behind is just as clear. What I find interesting is how (mainly) Schleed and Butterflies now attempt to mask that sentiment.

And before you all go on another misdirected tirade, let me just make it clear that I have no problems with someone starting a site for the young aspies or a site without callouts or a site for the cool ones or a site without the moral outrage or whatever. Just don't lie about your motives later.

Re the aspie elite comment: Scrap, please point out whatever similarities you see, because frankly, I see none.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #335 on: December 31, 2011, 07:30:47 AM »
This is bullshit. Les has simply printed a list of criticisms of Intensity. He has not shown any evidence that there has ever been an effort made to make the site exclusive.

Odeon is talking shit again. He claims that I am involved in trying to "mask the sentiment." I was never of the sentiment that s2 was for cool people. I invited Penty.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #336 on: December 31, 2011, 07:46:59 AM »
I'm sure you might even believe that, but me, I think the quotes summarise what happened quite nicely. For those who want more, reading the whole thread should do the job.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #337 on: December 31, 2011, 07:56:54 AM »
I'm sure you might even believe that, but me, I think the quotes summarise what happened quite nicely. For those who want more, reading the whole thread should do the job.

OK. Who are the "uncool aspies" who we have tried to exclude?
If Penty was the first person I personally invited, then that surely removes any suspicion of attempted exclusivity.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #338 on: December 31, 2011, 07:59:40 AM »
^I am getting the impression that you think Pentagram and richard are "uncool" and you invited them despite this. It bothers me. It is like pity or something. I am getting that because you have explicitly stated that you invited them instead of simply saying nothing about it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 08:01:19 AM by renaeden »
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #339 on: December 31, 2011, 08:07:17 AM »
^I am getting the impression that you think Pentagram and richard are "uncool" and you invited them despite this. It bothers me. It is like pity or something. I am getting that because you have explicitly stated that you invited them instead of simply saying nothing about it.

I like Penty, but he is not seen as cool by a lot of people. Im sure he would be the first to acknowledge this.

I am mentioning it to counter Odeon and Les' attempts to rewrite history.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #340 on: December 31, 2011, 08:28:03 AM »

Agreed. There's a strong feeling of picking a more extreme example to show how inclusive she can be. She's not doing Penty any favours.

I like Penty, but he is not seen as cool by a lot of people. Im sure he would be the first to acknowledge this.

I am mentioning it to counter Odeon and Les' attempts to rewrite history.

Tell me how we changed a single word in those quotes. Tell me how we have rewritten anything.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #341 on: December 31, 2011, 08:35:26 AM »
You have, on several occasions, refered to the site as being for "the cool aspies."

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #342 on: December 31, 2011, 08:36:18 AM »
This is bullshit. Les has simply printed a list of criticisms of Intensity. He has not shown any evidence that there has ever been an effort made to make the site exclusive.

Odeon is talking shit again. He claims that I am involved in trying to "mask the sentiment." I was never of the sentiment that s2 was for cool people. I invited Penty.

Wow. You started reading my essays again?

I am just putting out there what I see, right or wrong, but I don't think that what I have shown is anything more or less than what I have indicated. People can think what they like naturally.

Re-write it any way you want though Butterflies. It really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, does it.
Just do not expect me or anyone else here to buy bullshit because it is more convenient for you to peddle it. It is one thing about teh written word, you can question people's recollection in real life and they are relying on memory. You question the written word on a forum liek this and it is all here in black and white. Doing so is fraught with difficulties and makes you (or anyone else trying to disclaim this) as either silly at best or untruthful at worst.

Yeah, but it's not going to be an anti-i2 site or anything. Although people can bitch about it if they want.
So let’s see if we would have any reason for thinking that Spastcity was set up (at a time of a lot of drama at I2) might have been set up as ant-I2 OR set up for cooler or younger Aspies. Perhaps if the below comments don’t give that impression then you are right Butterflies and so is Shleed and Scrap and Adam.

I hope it doesn't become the bitchfest that I2 is right now.
This is critical of I2 certainly, but not all together promoting Spasticity as a better alternative.
Surprised there's already so much activity in only a night. People must REALLY be sick of i2.
One busy opening night and so the site is a success and it is because people are sick of i2 or because it is new. I think we have the answer to that already. This is more of a put-down of I2 to boost efforts at Spasticity (Like a “Hey guys we are having fun over there. Come on over. This place sucks’).
Being like this place, but without the misplaced moral outrage would be a good thing.
Yes the mysterious misplaced moral outrage that is so easy to type and so hard to actually back up. This is definitely spruicking and very much trying to say Spasticity is better than I2.
Yeah I think spasticity is best as a …. version of intensity, without the bullshit
Ditto
It might be a good option for anyone who thinks this site has gone downhill recently.
Ditto
….. except as a place for when people are tired of having to see constant drama on websites like i2.
Ditto

Well what is this? This was at Duncsdrivel. Written by Lord Scrapheap (Café racer) himself
For those of you who might be interested, it looks like Shleed is trying to get Spasticity going again.
From the looks of it, it's going to be like Intensity, except marketed towards younger members.
I hope it doesn't become the bitchfest that I2 is right now.
Scrap on here
I decided to let them transfer from the old forum, a bit of money but messing with cpanel will take some getting used to. :dunno:

So what are your plans for Spasticity 2.0??

So far it just seems like here, except marketed towards younger members.

Will there be a significant difference between the two sites??
So not aimed for everyone but is it just aimed at younger members.  Just younger members?
Yeah I think spasticity is best as a younger-orientated (young in mind I mean, I'm not gonna exclude the cool older people from that :zoinks: ) version of intensity, without the bullshit

Nope younger members and ‘cool” older members (presumably judge by a panel of socially retarded aspies no doubt)
But go on Butterflies, lie, deny, disclaim, re-write, project, or try doing anything but to say what I am sure most of us understand, and that is that a collection of you involved in much of the recent drama here, rather than being accountable for your bullshit, decided to create an alternative little site where you could hang out together. A place where you could recruit from the I2 member base and that you all took part in the very transparent efforts to portray that site as better than I2 because of the ‘bitchfest/drama”( that you all were personally involved with, but pointed blame away from). A place that was for a cooler, younger crowd and not subject to “callout wank” (I read this as loosely being able to say what you want without being subject to being questioned – Actually I see how this would attract you butterflies as you have absolutely no control in what you say or do from what you have tried to tell us). That is the truth isn’t it?

Of course now that it is having activity problems and perhaps will not go the distance you are all trying to bullshit and bluff your way around the history of its birth. If you were a booming success and most of the people left here and joined there you would have been dancing on i2’s grave and happily accepted credit for such a clever piece of politicking. You weren’t and so you trying to lie, deny and cry.

Fucking weak. Absolute fail.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #343 on: December 31, 2011, 08:37:47 AM »
You have, on several occasions, refered to the site as being for "the cool aspies."

A quote from Adam, I think.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #344 on: December 31, 2011, 08:45:24 AM »
@Odeon. Yes. Its a quote from a member. Adam has said similar stuff about attracting cool people here.

@Les. Yes. Those quotes do show some anti-i2 sentiment. They dont suggest at any desire for s2 to have an exclusive membership though.