Educational

Author Topic: Spasticity 2.0  (Read 10819 times)

Frolic_Fun

Re: Spasticity 2.0
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2011, 04:33:42 PM »
Your loss.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2011, 04:49:37 PM »
You young folks can heave a sigh of relief.  This old fuddy-duddy has enough trouble translating the new ideas and words of the over-30 crowd to even consider joining S2.0.  But I wish each and every one of you good and happy posting.
Staying with my Queen, as her bovine Lady in Waiting.
Two forums and appearing on fb now and then is the maximum I can handle lately.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2011, 05:05:59 PM »
Looks good :thumbup:

Good to have an alternative,  for when my mojo flow gets fucked with :zoinks:  and to see eris
blah blah blah

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2011, 05:28:17 PM »
Yeah, but it's not going to be an anti-i2 site or anything. Although people can bitch about it if they want.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2011, 05:41:07 PM »
Yeah, but it's not going to be an anti-i2 site or anything. Although people can bitch about it if they want.
I don't wanna bitch about it!  I still like it here!   Alternatives are good though.
blah blah blah

Psychophant

« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2011, 06:12:19 PM »
Good luck with the site, hope it works out well.   :thumbup:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2011, 07:21:16 AM »
Of course not. Why would anyone think it was anti-I2 or born from such sentiment? Hardly needed saying Shleed.
I hope it doesn't become the bitchfest that I2 is right now.

Surprised there's already so much activity in only a night. People must REALLY be sick of i2.
Being like this place, but without the misplaced moral outrage would be a good thing.
Yeah I think spasticity is best as a …. version of intensity, without the bullshit
It might be a good option for anyone who thinks this site has gone downhill recently.
….. except as a place for when people are tired of having to see constant drama on websites like i2.

I don't know anything about a secret club.  If you mean Schleeds site,  and you didn't get invited i wouldn't take it personally.  I didn't get an invite either.

You would very definately have got an invite as soon as the site was working properly.

Very nice of you to say Butterflies, but in truth I think that the “bullshit” will be migrated by the members going over and I think this will benefit I2 certainly and I really hope Spasticity too.  Will give you guys an interesting dynamic and a new environment and culture to create. You can back each other regardless of what opinion is stated and in the event that you have a difference of opinion with a member or two, you all can bring out the daggers like you all did with Bint.
Not really my kind of gig but I think there may be something in it for you guys. I never really got that kind of behavior. Bit too social or something, I dunno.
Scraphead mentioned Spasticity on Duncs forum. Derp derp derp....... derp derp derp.
tl;dr
That's some major butthurt Sir Les.  ::)
Not at all Scrap. I wish the site well, but do not necessarily want to be a part of it.
You seem really smart when you talk about rocks, you know. Really smart. Reading emotional attachment to things, or empathizing, really is not your bag. I reckon talking about rocks is where you keep it real and relevant.  Rocks, cars, Chugging beer and banging girls. Like an aspie Frank the Tank.  :autism:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2011, 07:22:17 AM »
Young people probably make more mistakes.  I made loads.  Still do.  I just choose to take into account the fact that i have twenty years worth of life experience over them.   So,  yeah i probably go out of my way to be a bit more understanding.
This was getting over the top.  First odeon, then Pyraxis coming in with "Les told me how nasty you was and now i see for myself"   This is more than pointing things out?
First Odeon and then Pyraxis?
Ok so two people on the site who were older members disagreed on the behavior of another member and that was over the top?
Ok….so the collective group of Butterflies,Scrap, Adam, Squid, Bodie, and Bint (until recently)arguing against Odeon and that was Ok? Then the group of six became ganged up on and it was over the top that such strong views were aired by more than 1 member against the helpless hapless group? I see.
Rather than Odeon and Pyraxis objecting, both perhapos ought to have been more understanding? Perhaps allowed a more than a three to one in an argument, to be fairer and not give the impression of a ganging up or stymieing creativity and potential for future? Allow for difference in life experience? Protect them from calling it as you see it in case they have not had the opportunity to come across something in their own life experience to know what it is you object to? Let them make mistakes and if they are under (30?) do not highlight it least you get seen as a headmaster?
It sounds like a bit of a cop out to be honest and a rather lopsided playing field. A protected class as it were. Allow the younger members more leeway because they are young and let them be unchecked by your own objections to anything they say or do. Or if you do defend anything you say, cop it sweet but be delicate in your replies. Don’t and you will be seen as being on a high horse, a headmaster, mentally ill, having a false sense of superiority?
Kinda sounds like what you are saying and it doesn’t seem to fit the “make a claim and be prepared to back it”.
I do think a few older people get on their high horses and claim superiority.  I also think there are some young arrogant shits around.  ? 
I see you making a claim of the former and not in possible but assertively saying it is so. Did not see anything close to any suggestion of the later. (Are you sure it may not be a case of the younger ones on high horses and older ones arrogant and set in their ways? That reading actually makes more sense to me. (Perhaps in that it better fits my self-image) In fact I have seen nothing but support of the younger ones regardless of what they say or do.
It looks a tad biased to be honest. Am I reading too much into this?
It is integral to my trying to nut out this site and the dynamics and culture that is/was here and what is/isn’t changing and why?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

P7PSP

« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2011, 07:58:50 AM »
Putting a (not) Elder Forum @ Spasticity to hide sock puppets might be a good idea as well. I remember when there was mention of de eldering here some time back. I always inferred that hiding sock puppet activity was the true reason for the push to de elder members who had not been here for a while.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2011, 08:13:31 AM »
Putting a (not) Elder Forum @ Spasticity to hide sock puppets might be a good idea as well. I remember when there was mention of de eldering here some time back. I always inferred that hiding sock puppet activity was the true reason for the push to de elder members who had not been here for a while.

Wouldn't sockpuppeting like that require very long term planning? Seems so unlikely to me.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2011, 08:18:19 AM »
You're welcome to join, Les.

As for the rest, TL;DR.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2011, 08:34:20 AM »
I'm not listening! I'm not listening! Ner ner ner!  :smarty:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2011, 08:38:34 AM »
TS;DR

Scrapheap

« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2011, 08:52:00 AM »
Scraphead mentioned Spasticity on Duncs forum. Derp derp derp....... derp derp derp.
tl;dr
That's some major butthurt Sir Les.  ::)
Not at all Scrap. I wish the site well, but do not necessarily want to be a part of it.
You seem really smart when you talk about rocks, you know. Really smart. Reading emotional attachment to things, or empathizing, really is not your bag. I reckon talking about rocks is where you keep it real and relevant.  Rocks, cars, Chugging beer and banging girls. Like an aspie Frank the Tank.  :autism:

Thanks for proving your butthurt.  :thumbup:

Scrapheap

« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2011, 08:53:51 AM »

Aside from Butterflies using her cousins account, what sockpuppet activity has occured??