Educational

Author Topic: Spasticity 2.0  (Read 10822 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Spasticity 2.0
« Reply #300 on: December 27, 2011, 01:44:50 PM »
tbh I think the reason is the lack of drama and no likelihood of any arising soon unless pea start something lol

the problem isn't that there arent enough cool people to post there (there are), but that maybe it actually NEEDS one or two of the more boring ones who are also more likely to have disagreements

but then the problem becomes that those disagreemets go on for too long if they don't know how to let it go once the fun's gone

I'm going away for a few days and probably wont be online (except facebook updates from phone), but when I get back I'll make sure to try and start some interesting threads. and if that doesnt work then just spam :zoinks:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #301 on: December 27, 2011, 01:53:40 PM »
I'll give it another month. If it still lacks activity, I'll back it up and close it down. The host will remain however, I use it to store my own files too.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #302 on: December 27, 2011, 02:02:30 PM »
I'll give it another month. If it still lacks activity, I'll back it up and close it down. The host will remain however, I use it to store my own files too.

It would really be a shame to shut it down, I hope you don't.  :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #303 on: December 27, 2011, 05:43:12 PM »
Most sites resulting from drama elsewhere tend not to last. Remember OTS?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #304 on: December 27, 2011, 06:31:02 PM »

Yes, I was there fore a few months. That's where I first met Wandrew IIRC.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #305 on: December 27, 2011, 06:32:41 PM »

Because it lacks the luuuuuurvvveee?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #306 on: December 27, 2011, 06:42:29 PM »
TBH, I'm not sure. But most of the time when site X is born, stating that they are like site Y but without the <insert what you don't like about site Y> almost guarantees oblivion.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #307 on: December 27, 2011, 06:44:15 PM »
True

although zomg did work for a while. not brilliantly, but it did work.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #308 on: December 27, 2011, 06:49:17 PM »
Zomg had more going for it, I think. And I'm not saying site X must fail, but it helps to have your own purpose instead of copying someone else's.

- Albert Einstein

P7PSP

« Reply #309 on: December 27, 2011, 08:59:45 PM »
Yeah I think spasticity is best as a younger-orientated (young in mind I mean, I'm not gonna exclude the cool older people from that :zoinks: ) version of intensity, without the bullshit
the problem isn't that there arent enough cool people to post there (there are), but that maybe it actually NEEDS one or two of the more boring ones who are also more likely to have disagreements
So you got Scrap (40 IIRC) who is combative, not exactly young and willing to throw old fuckers under the bus (as in "I'm older but cool anyway") to join via sucking up to the younger = cooler mindset and shit looks like it may not last @ Spasticity anyway? How could you fuck it up with a winning formula like that?  :dunno: :LMAO:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #310 on: December 27, 2011, 09:09:01 PM »
???

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #311 on: December 28, 2011, 03:48:10 AM »
Yeah I think spasticity is best as a younger-orientated (young in mind I mean, I'm not gonna exclude the cool older people from that :zoinks: ) version of intensity, without the bullshit
So you got Scrap (40 IIRC) who is combative, not exactly young and willing to throw old fuckers under the bus (as in "I'm older but cool anyway") to join via sucking up to the younger = cooler mindset and shit looks like it may not last @ Spasticity anyway? How could you fuck it up with a winning formula like that?  :dunno: :LMAO:

Pretty much nailed it.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #312 on: December 28, 2011, 08:11:10 AM »
No one panders to anyone on there, there's just none of that haughty i2 callout wank that you see here. How is that young-orientated?

S2 to me is aimed for everyone, but even though it's an aspie-orientated forum it's not about whinging about their problems. There's no AS-related forums to be seen, everything's aimed towards general discussion and having a few laughs. Drama can happen but it's not centred around it. It's more like ZOMG with elements of i2, it doesn't try to blatantly copy any place except in order to make various members be familiar with it. Frankly I'm surprised it lasted this long. :tard:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #313 on: December 28, 2011, 08:33:58 AM »
No one panders to anyone on there, there's just none of that haughty i2 callout wank that you see here. How is that young-orientated?

S2 to me is aimed for everyone, but even though it's an aspie-orientated forum it's not about whinging about their problems. There's no AS-related forums to be seen, everything's aimed towards general discussion and having a few laughs. Drama can happen but it's not centred around it. It's more like ZOMG with elements of i2, it doesn't try to blatantly copy any place except in order to make various members be familiar with it. Frankly I'm surprised it lasted this long. :tard:

I had not seen any of that haughty callout wank here. Perhaps i am not looking to see such things in the first place.

Shleed it is early days yet. The initial recruitment drive was a bit off-putting. We had both Adam and Scrap telling all it was orientated for cool aspies and for young or young at heart aspies, or whatever the fuck they were trying to promote, and i think you said some other anti-i2 bullshit. I quoted the lot of you on this thread somewhere if i could be arsed looking for it, which I am not.

Problem with promoting it is, if it doesn't draw people there based on such promotion, then you may be right in saying" it is not like that", after the fact, but the people turned off in going in the first place are not gonna find out either way, as they never joined.

As I say early days perhaps promoting it about the other forums like Superboyians place and such will draw a steady trickle over and boost the numbers and activity over time. So long as the promoting doesn't put people off who may otherwise wanna come over
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 03:23:32 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #314 on: December 28, 2011, 10:32:58 AM »

"haughty i2 callout wank"?

Give it time.

- Albert Einstein