Educational

Author Topic: Spasticity 2.0  (Read 11182 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Spasticity 2.0
« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2011, 05:22:35 PM »
I happily admit to quote mining because I back my shit up. As for the rest...desperate flailing fiction.

Quote mining is a dishonest argumentation technique where you take a persons words out of context to make them sound like they said something they didn't.

'Thanks for admitting to the dishonesty that you engage in.   :hahaha:

Quote mining here is simply answering each point, which Sir Les has done when so required. If you disagree, show where you think he errs instead of using smokescreens.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2011, 05:25:38 PM »
Yes, Bint fell out with US. not the other wy round. If you read my posts to her, I think you'll see I was actually very decent towards her when she initially started having a go at me.

She also wasn't "exited" from any clique. If there was a clique in the first place then she left it herself. We certainly didn't kick her out and actually were hoping that she was ok at first, until she started getting nasty

:-\

Read it a bit differently. I think she was genuinely upset about the way Butterflies derailed her thread, not the derailing itself. That is what she said, didn't she?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2011, 05:29:31 PM »
Yes, Bint fell out with US. not the other wy round. If you read my posts to her, I think you'll see I was actually very decent towards her when she initially started having a go at me.

She also wasn't "exited" from any clique. If there was a clique in the first place then she left it herself. We certainly didn't kick her out and actually were hoping that she was ok at first, until she started getting nasty

:-\

Read it a bit differently. I think she was genuinely upset about the way Butterflies derailed her thread, not the derailing itself. That is what she said, didn't she?

What does that have to do with my post? The reason she was pissed off I mean

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2011, 06:15:35 PM »
You said "we" repeatedly, which I read as including Butterflies, and I thought she was at the centre of her objections.

I didn't think you were hostile, Adam. IMO you were being decent, just as you said.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2011, 06:44:19 PM »
Ah ok I get what you mean now. nah I was talking about me and squiddy there, as it seemed to be us that Les was saying had took the daggers out as soon as Bint disagreed with us or something, which definitely wasn't the case (we were both actually concerned about her getting how she used to be when we first saw that she seemed emotional etc)

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2011, 06:48:31 PM »
Ah ok I get what you mean now. nah I was talking about me and squiddy there, as it seemed to be us that Les was saying had took the daggers out as soon as Bint disagreed with us or something, which definitely wasn't the case (we were both actually concerned about her getting how she used to be when we first saw that she seemed emotional etc)

:agreed:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2011, 06:50:16 PM »
If you guys were nothing but concerned, how come it kept getting worse and worse?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2011, 06:56:54 PM »
All I can say is about the stuff between me and binty. That got worse because she misinterpreted what I was saying as me having a dig. When actually I wasn;t. I knew there was a big risk she would see it like that, but thought I hd a duty as a "friend" to point out what I thought (obviously wrongly) would help her.

I don't see how what I said could be seen as an insult tbh. It might not have been what she wanted to hear, but it was meant with good intentions. It would have been a lot easier for me to either say nothign at all, or (if I didn't give a shit about her or was a crap friend, like she says), then for me to troll her mercilessly. I chose to try and help her see that she was fallign back into her old ways of reacting to shit.

It backfired on ME, but actually maybe it did work in the end, as she seemed to have brightened up a bit the next day instead of getting really emotional all over the board like I thoguht she was going towards. And she also seems to be taking a break from here instead of deleting her account or having a meltdown. Both of those things were what I was worried she was going towards and what I was actaully genuinely trying to steer her away from

I think I do know her quite well (despite the fact that I'm sure she'd claim I don't if she reads this) and, far from being an ass and making things worse for her, I think I actually fucked MYSELF over trying to help her

Maybe the only people who'll agree with me here are those in my "clique"  :dunno:

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2011, 06:59:28 PM »
If you guys were nothing but concerned, how come it kept getting worse and worse?

Possibly because there were a few people stoking the fire, on both sides.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #189 on: December 02, 2011, 07:00:31 PM »
That's true. It's not like everything depended on how me and squiddy react. Everyone involved had an impact on it "getting worse and worse", and good intentions don't always lead to good outcomes

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2011, 07:03:42 PM »
You're only saying that because you're in the same clique as me.  :tickle:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #191 on: December 02, 2011, 07:09:03 PM »
See now I'm stuck between wanting to defend myself from that accusation, and needing to agree with you because you're in my clique :emosad:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #192 on: December 02, 2011, 07:09:57 PM »
You two post too fast.  :razz:

I don't think everything depended on Squidthing or Adam either.

My point was more that well-meaning concern doesn't always help. After a certain point it just stokes the fire like everything else. But Adam already said that it backfired on him.

I hope she comes back before too long.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #193 on: December 02, 2011, 07:13:11 PM »
See now I'm stuck between wanting to defend myself from that accusation, and needing to agree with you because you're in my clique :emosad:

Adam that is bullshit and you know it and I shall explain it like this:

*500 essays later*

Ur gay  :tard:

You two post too fast.  :razz:

I don't think everything depended on Squidthing or Adam either.

My point was more that well-meaning concern doesn't always help. After a certain point it just stokes the fire like everything else. But Adam already said that it backfired on him.

I hope she comes back before too long.

I'll admit I did rip into Binty , not because she disagreed with butterflies though , but because frankly I thought she acted like an arse with how she treated me very much like a disposable friend.

As for the point on concern , I think you're right there.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:15:28 PM by Squidusa »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #194 on: December 02, 2011, 07:14:15 PM »

My point was more that well-meaning concern doesn't always help.

Agreed. I didn't realise that was what you were saying.

I thoguht the right thing to do was to risk that though. Maybe it worked, maybe it didn't. In the short term it obviously didnt lol