Educational

Author Topic: I feel I have to say this.  (Read 8530 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: I feel I have to say this.
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2011, 01:56:48 AM »
Maybe he's writing better these days then. I might read one next time and have a look

To me they weren't though, and if you're gonna write an essay it should be decent imo

Short posts like most people make don't matter. But I reckon a long post should be written properly

Either way, they def weren't up to university standard lol

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2011, 02:00:19 AM »
I think they fill their purpose. They'd be different if written for a uni.

None of you people would recognise me in my whitepapers, I suspect.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2011, 02:02:32 AM »
That was what I was referring to tho - ren's post about university essays

Purpose on an internet forum is diffferent obviously lol, so u may be right there

I think (well I hope haha) most of us here write differently if we're doing a dissertation or paper or something :laugh:

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2011, 02:08:16 AM »
If some of you guys actually feel flustered by Sir_Les' posts, you should go check some of the debate forums out there ...

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2011, 02:11:02 AM »
That was what I was referring to tho - ren's post about university essays

Purpose on an internet forum is diffferent obviously lol, so u may be right there

I think (well I hope haha) most of us here write differently if we're doing a dissertation or paper or something :laugh:

:laugh: Can you imagine a paper written Intensity-style?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2011, 02:13:20 AM »
lots of internet acronyms, swearing and sex references?

come to think of it... yeah that sounds like my dissertation so far :P

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2011, 02:14:58 AM »

And I'm sure you'll get the appreciation you deserve. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2011, 02:17:01 AM »
I can tell that Sir Les easily has the ability to write a good university essay, is what I mean. I still find it hard but I have complained enough about that. :D I have also wondered if I would be recognised through something I wrote for uni. Also been wondering how your dissertation is going Adam? That book you are getting for Christmas looks like it has some interesting stuff in it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2011, 02:19:33 AM »
The dissertation isn't going well (as in, I'm not getting it done). my tutor likes what I've got so far, but I'm finding it really difficult to write.

I'm going to talk about it with my therapist though so hopefully I can sort that soon as it's very frustratying

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2011, 02:25:59 AM »
I definitely understand about difficulties of writing. I could go on for ages about it. What do you find difficult about it if you don't mind my asking? How long does the dissertation have to be?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2011, 02:40:29 AM »
I've found that I can only battle writer's block by... writing. No matter how crappy and pointless my words are, I write.

After starting to use version control software for handling everything I write I've found it's easier to produce. I know that I can go back to any previous version, which removes a lot of the pressure for me.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2011, 05:07:45 AM »
Anonymous Calvera practically filled you in on every decision and pandered to you. Your ego was demanding it. He gave you your own subforum to be completely in control of. You are just whinging and it is not pretty. Is not now and was not then.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2011, 06:39:33 AM »

Finish it off with "Tits or gtfo" and you'll get a first.  :zoinks:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2011, 06:53:49 AM »
The Anonymous:

Did I read that right? Sir Les had something to do with the demise of Calavera's site??

I know you won't find my answer satisfying, but if anything, it was Sir_Les and I who contributed the most to the forum.

And these sneaky people had all the time they wanted to join before Sir_Les ever joined, but did they ever join?

Nope.

So they whine.

The problem with Sir Les' posts is that they are long winded, meandering and packed full of pointless filler.

I can see why Sir_Les turns people off because his posts are too time consuming to reply to.

Many people post partially for entertainment and there's nothing entertaining about miles of meandering posts to reply to.

So if Sir Les was filabustering with walls of text, I'm not suprised people left there.

I swear to god the guy is on meth or something.  ::)

Great story Scrap. Fuck all sense as usual. Aeroplanes and Rock formations. There is something you are both knowledgeable and entertaining with. Tell us all about Moonies. (Nice and short post - just for you Scrap)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Scrapheap

« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2011, 12:48:30 PM »
Great story Scrap. Fuck all sense as usual. Aeroplanes and Rock formations. There is something you are both knowledgeable and entertaining with. Tell us all about Moonies. (Nice and short post - just for you Scrap)

Is cheap ad hominems all you are capable of these days?? Your posts are starting to resemble those of TCO. You know, when you lie with dogs, you rise with fleas and all of that. Are you just going to throw cheap insults or do you actually have anything meaningful to say??