Educational

Author Topic: Medical Question  (Read 651 times)

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
Medical Question
« on: November 12, 2011, 11:34:09 AM »
Have any of you had a hernia or kidney problem? I am having severe pain in my lower left backside in the vicinity of my kidney. I have not had pee problems, so I am leaning against it being a kidney issue. I can't seem to locate the pain via muscle stimulation, so I am thinking it is more internal rather than a lower back muscle issue, which wouldn't be abnormal due to my chronic back problems. My back issues are more mid-spine (Thoracic), but I can get lower back spasms. I am having runny poo, but that may be because in my day off yesterday I ate crap as I have been in so much pain I stayed on the couch all day much to the wrath of The Bitch who claims I am faking it and now has her own back pain and is trying to make me feel worthless and lazy. I will probably go to the ER tonight after the minions are down for the night and I have finished my online activities, but was wondering what any of you might think. Pain started Thursday morning and has been persistent since.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Medical Question
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 01:45:26 PM »
A kidney stone may or may not cause signs and symptoms until it has moved into the ureter — the tube connecting the kidney and bladder. At that point, these signs and symptoms may occur:

Severe pain in the side and back, below the ribs
Pain that spreads to the lower abdomen and groin
Pain on urination
Pink, red or brown urine
Nausea and vomiting
Persistent urge to urinate
Fever and chills if an infection is present

When to see a doctor
Make an appointment with your doctor if you have any signs and symptoms that worry you.

Seek immediate medical attention if you experience:
Pain so severe that you can't sit still or find a comfortable position
Pain accompanied by nausea and vomiting
Pain accompanied by fever and chills

In the mean time drink lots of water to try to flush it out.  Try to pass your urine through a strainer or  handkerchief so that if you pass the stone the doc can tell what kind it is and what to do about avoiding them in the future. 

BTW - PA had one a few  years back and said it was the most excruciating pain he'd ever had and that if childbirth was even half as painful, he never wanted to be a woman giving birth. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 01:52:05 PM »
Have any of you had a hernia or kidney problem? I am having severe pain in my lower left backside in the vicinity of my kidney. I have not had pee problems, so I am leaning against it being a kidney issue. I can't seem to locate the pain via muscle stimulation, so I am thinking it is more internal rather than a lower back muscle issue, which wouldn't be abnormal due to my chronic back problems. My back issues are more mid-spine (Thoracic), but I can get lower back spasms. I am having runny poo, but that may be because in my day off yesterday I ate crap as I have been in so much pain I stayed on the couch all day much to the wrath of The Bitch who claims I am faking it and now has her own back pain and is trying to make me feel worthless and lazy. I will probably go to the ER tonight after the minions are down for the night and I have finished my online activities, but was wondering what any of you might think. Pain started Thursday morning and has been persistent since.
Priorities fail, self-care fail.  If you don't want to go to the E.R., call your primary care and see if they or a nurse practicionier in their practce can see you.  Don't dick aorund with your health, dude.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 02:48:04 PM »
My first guess would be a kidney stone or a kidney infection, but you need to get yourself to a doctor, the emergency room, or urgent care right away IMO.

Scrapheap

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 03:35:23 PM »
UPDATE:

Trigger is better now, Boddie's ass has amazing healing powers!!!  :2thumbsup:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 03:38:28 PM »
I had a kidney infection once...it completely knocked me off my feet!  i was so weak,  and had a soaring temperature.  I had to have the doctor come to my house,  i couldn't even get to the surgery!  The good news is as soon as you start antibiotics you will start to feel a bit better.  Maybe need a couple of days off to recover.  Oh and i was shaking, lots.  I remember having the shakes.

Urchin's Dad had a pain like you describe.  He was stubborn and wouldn't go to doctors.  Had to call an ambulance in the middle of the night when it escalated so bad, the crew had to give him morphine before they could even get him in the ambulance.  He was diagnosed on arrival as 'hernia' and had 'nil by mouth' for 18 hrs waiting for op - then i can't remember if it was an xray or a scan that revealed it was his back.  He had starved for nothing!  Filled him with morphine and sent him home in a taxi.

So......go....NOW!  good luck
blah blah blah

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 03:56:50 PM »

I've had kidney stones, and that sounds very similar to the pain I've experienced.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 03:59:48 PM »
ok..thanks...it was a pic i used to sell my dirt bike
on ebay.  i hate ebay.  anyway i sold the bike no problem :eyelash:
blah blah blah

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 04:01:35 PM »
you say ass

i say arse :zoinks:

blah blah blah

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 04:04:26 PM »
Really, dude?  You get feedback that this might be a legit medical emergency, and decide to stick around and post more?  All jokes about bodi's ass aside, not swift.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 04:09:16 PM »
yes you really should go,  honestly,  you don't want the pain to suddenly escalate...go now.
blah blah blah

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 04:25:29 PM »
I had kidney stones and I thought I was going to die it hurt so much.  I had just the back pain at first bad but I had worse then the other symptoms started over the next few days and the back and side pain got so bad I could hardly walk to the car and ended up in the emergency room at 2am where they gave me Demerol and latter morphine.  I spent two days in the hospital.  Go get it checked as soon as you can it can get very serious
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 04:56:06 PM »
What kind of an example are you setting for your children?  Ignore obvious signs of something wrong with your body?  Call a taxi and go.  If your kids ask tell them that you need to go/went because you are ill and want to make sure you're healthy and around for them. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 06:32:54 PM »
I just thought of something else it could be.  My appendicitis presented with persistent lower back pain at first.  Not everyone gets the classic lower right abdominal pain and some people have diarrhea.  My dad didn't have classic appendicitis symptoms.  The doctors thought that he had a kidney infection until his appendix burst and turned gangrenous, but this happened when I was a kid and before CAT scans were available.  I had a CAT scan to confirm the diagnosis and the surgeon who removed my appendix said that it was close to rupturing when she removed it.

I don't want to scare you, but my brother died of pancreatitis from a gallstone because he didn't go to the emergency room quickly enough.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 06:45:26 PM »
I joked about that with a friend since other parts of my anatomy are misplaced, but this is my left backside. Shouldn't be appendicitis! I'm gonna go in 4 hours after i finish my internetting.

Although I am ready to flipout due to The Bitch ridiculing my supposed fake symptoms and woe is me end of the world attitude. I haven't said word one to her about my pain since she did the same Thursday night. When I move or breath or think...it hurts, so I have winced a lot and moaned as well. She had similar back pain and spent 4 days in the hospital and i never once doubted her and took care of the minions and missed work for a week. But I couldn't possibly be in pain. Oh no! Apparently my yelling at the TV as Miami choked again proves I am not really in pain. I am very close to snapping on her. I need to leave for that reason alone.

Four hours could be too late, ONE hour could be too late, get to the ER NOW!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"