Educational

Poll

Is MLA unstable?

Yes.  He flies off the handle and tears into people seemingly at random.  I never know what is going to set him off and wonder if I might be next.
0 (0%)
No.  He only ever seems to attack when provoked sufficiently and I find myself agreeing with him most of the time.
5 (31.3%)
Kind of.  He seems rational most of the time but when he is pushed too far he goes way overboard.
4 (25%)
He is just a boring old fuck.
1 (6.3%)
Something else, I will post below.
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: October 17, 2011, 08:11:51 PM

Author Topic: Am I unstable?  (Read 1481 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Am I unstable?
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2011, 07:47:27 AM »
:autism:

Was too good an image. You like a 17 yo in front of the mirror, worrying about a zit or the way your hair is.  :zoinks:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2011, 07:49:55 AM »

Was too good an image. You like a 17 yo in front of the mirror, worrying about a zit or the way your hair is.  :zoinks:

Oh dear you just described me.  :-[
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2011, 07:50:50 AM »
I would imagine you are a devoted husband and father.
I get that from just snippets you have posted.  I think you
could even be slightly hen pecked,  or just happy to go along
with the family.  Not necessarily allowing your wife to wear the
trousers -  more like allowing her to think she is - unless something
major goes on, then i think you would take the lead.

I think it stops there and are a different kettle of fish in your work
or anywhere outside your home.  I think you basically would
avoid trouble but if any comes your way - boom!

Put it this way -  if we were both selecting something in a
shop and happened to both grab the same thing, just a one
off item, no more in stock -  it would be yours.  I would
not fight you for it! lol

blah blah blah

midlifeaspie

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2011, 07:50:52 AM »

New topic:

Is Squiddy unstable?  :zoinks:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2011, 07:51:13 AM »

:evillaugh:

I knew it.  :hyke: :hyke: :hyke:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2011, 07:52:58 AM »
I think it is an interesting point, regardless.
Digging for praise or condemnation? A general consensus on whether you are liked or disliked?
It did cross my mind to be honest. Fact is that you joined here and quickly adapted here. You have pretty much slotted straight in to what I2 exemplifies. I like it. I like it a lot. I think that there is a toughness, intelligence, honesty and of course the ability to back your claims. BUT now we see you feeling out what we think? Well now yo have mine and freely given. I think you are a boon to this place and very valuable for this place.
Are you just measuring responses against your general feeling on how you stack up or are you concerned? (you should not be).
I do not think it vainity but maybe a glimpse of self-confidence lacking?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2011, 07:57:06 AM »
^ Polls made about one self seem to be made more after drama. You've done one yourself once too. Maybe it is to see what is left after the dust is settling?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2011, 07:58:15 AM »
I think it is an interesting point, regardless.
Digging for praise or condemnation? A general consensus on whether you are liked or disliked?
It did cross my mind to be honest. Fact is that you joined here and quickly adapted here. You have pretty much slotted straight in to what I2 exemplifies. I like it. I like it a lot. I think that there is a toughness, intelligence, honesty and of course the ability to back your claims. BUT now we see you feeling out what we think? Well now yo have mine and freely given. I think you are a boon to this place and very valuable for this place.
Are you just measuring responses against your general feeling on how you stack up or are you concerned? (you should not be).
I do not think it vainity but maybe a glimpse of self-confidence lacking?

Thank you for the kind words Al.  You know I feel the same towards you.

Maybe it's a lack of self confidence, I was mostly curious if I had worn out my welcome yet.  I have a strong personality and have done so many, many times before.  As the karma points stop coming regularly (as they have for the past 1500 posts or so) I begin to wonder if I am irritating the masses and you all are just putting up with me at this point.  Would I pack up my bags and leave if that were the case?  No.  Would I change how I act or who I am?  No.  Am I curious none the less?  Yes, not really sure why.

As a fellow with autism I have always struggled with self confidence in social matters, so I assume this has some truth to it.

Now that I have exposed my soft underbelly I await the thrashing I deserve for doing so.  :hahaha:

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2011, 08:00:30 AM »
I saw myself do it once on WP.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2011, 08:04:28 AM »
You're OK.

Your karma, well, can see how that stalled a bit the last weeks. I was one of the people for who there was no fun in the drama, can imagine there were more.
But, that doesn't change that you are OK.
You can be a fierce man, sometimes a lot more fierce than I can even imagine to be. But, you also have a healthy dose of kindness. Nothing wrong with you.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2011, 08:06:31 AM »

New topic:

Oh I have my moments.  :zoinks:

I probably am quite vain though, I'm CONSTANTLY fiddling with my hair or staring at my nails , drives my mother insane.  :orly:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2011, 08:08:43 AM »

New topic:

I probably am quite vain though, I'm CONSTANTLY fiddling with my hair or staring at my nails , drives my mother insane.  :orly:

I would have never guessed any attention seeking behavior coming from a guy with an 18 inch siggie including multiple animated and flashing GIFs ;)

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2011, 08:11:00 AM »

[/quote]

Aaaaah, one day you can relax about that, and post happily in the over 40's thread about the bliss of not having to worry about that any more.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2011, 08:17:28 AM »

New topic:

I would have never guessed any attention seeking behavior coming from a guy with an 18 inch siggie including multiple animated and flashing GIFs ;)

:lol:

I'm like a magpie , I see something shiny / sparkly / pretty / bright and I zoom in on it.  :laugh:

Aaaaah, one day you can relax about that, and post happily in the over 40's thread about the bliss of not having to worry about that any more.
[/quote]

With the amount I annoy my mother by doing those things , I have a feeling I won't make it to 40.  :P

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2011, 08:31:05 AM »
Though it is hard for a kid to accept....... most mothers have memories of being 17 or 18 once too.