Educational

Author Topic: Steve Jobs has died.  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: Steve Jobs has died.
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2011, 12:21:37 PM »
The only thing that's sad is how people have bought into his pathological lying and his dubious and overpriced products. But that's the way it goes.

I can think of other things that are sad.  I genuinely shed a small tear when I imagine your bloated corpse being stuffed into a cardboard box and buried in a mass grave with the other unclaimed bodies while nobody is there to watch or care except a guy in a hardhat and maybe the friend of one of the other hobos you are being buried with.

I'd be dead then, so why should I give a shit what happens to my corpse?

You shouldn't.  I said I will be sad.

Why would you be sad?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2011, 12:29:57 PM »
The only thing that's sad is how people have bought into his pathological lying and his dubious and overpriced products. But that's the way it goes.

I can think of other things that are sad.  I genuinely shed a small tear when I imagine your bloated corpse being stuffed into a cardboard box and buried in a mass grave with the other unclaimed bodies while nobody is there to watch or care except a guy in a hardhat and maybe the friend of one of the other hobos you are being buried with.

Why would you be sad?

Because you are speshull Penty  :autism:

Seriously, the whole board knows your MO and that you are only saying these things for attention.  I am giving you that attention.  Aren't you happy?

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2011, 12:34:38 PM »
I don't understand. I don't understand why people cry when someone they don't know dies.
I get that he was a great man, but I don't get why people who did not know him personally are upset.
Is it because he won't make apple things anymore?

I don't get the sadness of people I did not know, or connect with either.

Doesn't take away that I wish no-one a nasty death or a horrible disease.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2011, 12:37:16 PM »

Why would you be sad?

Seriously, the whole board knows your MO and that you are only saying these things for attention.  I am giving you that attention.  Aren't you happy?

I am positively hopping up and down every time and shouting happy songs every time someone replies to me. ::)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2011, 12:51:01 PM »

Why would you be sad?

I am positively hopping up and down every time and shouting happy songs every time someone replies to me. ::)

That's because this is all about you. You really are speshul.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2011, 01:41:47 PM »

Why would you be sad?

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,17086.msg739928.html#msg739928
http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,14428.msg633167.html#msg633167
http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,14428.msg634013.html#msg634013
http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,14428.msg634349.html#msg634349
http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,17401.msg759192.html#msg759192
http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,14428.msg635846.html#msg635846
http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,17401.msg759495.html#msg759495
http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,17401.msg759718.html#msg759718
http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,17038.msg734308.html#msg734308
http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,16183.msg692340.html#msg692340
http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,16339.msg700287.html#msg700287

midlifeaspie

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2011, 01:43:26 PM »
One of the members of AMF, gatesoftanhauser, is now using my moob pic as his avatar. :zoinks:

OMG :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What on earth made you post that pic on all these forums?

For attention. And I get it with that picture. :orly:

The little boy in the movie Home Alone has dick sucking lips. :lolhit:

I am no one's sock puppet. I come on here and say whatever the fuck I want, without any guidance or control whatsoever from anyone else but me!

I'll rip your head off and shit down your neck!

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:48:12 PM by MidlifeAspie »

midlifeaspie

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2011, 02:10:23 PM »

Obviously you did care   :zoinks:

Stultus Saxum (77)   MidlifeAspie (472)   -   Chodesmoker   In topic   Today at 10:41:13 AM

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2011, 03:52:40 PM »
I won't be sad for him simply because I don't know him. That and he was a bit of an egotistical cunt, but then again that's typical when it comes to big companies.

That said, I don't entirely hate him. As I pointed out before, I respect him for his marketing abilities. He can get literally anyone to buy his stuff. The cunt even got me to buy a macbook, because of how he influenced the creative media industry to be 99.9999% Apple. :zoinks:

I'll type up some jokes later on that are circling around college.

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2011, 04:59:14 PM »
Do you want to create a museum of me, MidLifeAspie? :wanker:

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2011, 05:18:28 PM »
Steve Jobs’s last words:

Steve Jobs’s last words: The eulogy of Steve Jobs by his sister, novelist Mona Simpson, was published in the New York Times over the weekend, offering a touching look into the late Apple co-founder’s life and last days.

The speech, in a few deft strokes, sketches the outline of a man who never stopped learning or trying to move forward. Hours before he slipped into unconsciousness, however, he did leave some enigmatic final words, which Simpson wrote in all capitals letters in her speech.

“Before embarking, he’d looked at his sister Patty, then for a long time at his children, then at his life’s partner, Laurene, and then over their shoulders past them. Steve’s final words were: OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fast..._blog.html

People are fascinated by last words. They can be viewed as a summing up of a life. Because the person saying them has nothing left to gain (except in terms of their legacy), they can be seen by some as an honest a representation of a person’s true opinions as one can get in this life. And there’s a mystical quality to last words–we hear them and wonder if the person saying them can give us any insight or information about what’s really on the other side.

Sometimes last words seem grim. Sigmund Freud reportedly remarked “Now it’s nothing but torture and makes no sense anymore.”

Others display deathbed wit. One of the last things Oscar Wilde said before his death was  “My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or the other of us has to go.” (Although widely cited as his last words, according to the biography “Oscar Wilde” by Richard Ellmann, he actually said this many days before his death.)

Some last words are optimistic. Legend has it that Beethoven declared “I shall hear in heaven!”

But how accurate are such reports about the last words of famous figures? Ray Robinson, author of  “Famous Last Words, Fond Farewells, Deathbed Diatribes, and Exclamations Upon Expiration,” notes in the introduction to his book that “I’ve come to appreciate the difficulty of authenticating so-called exit lines, since witnesses are often too distraught or confused to remember things accurately, or simply choose to edit or improve the remarks for the sake of posterity.”

For example, in 1920, the dying Notre Dame football player George Gipp was supposed to have told football coach Knute Rockne to ask one of his teams to “win one for the Gipper”–a phrase that Ronald Reagan, who played Gipp in the movie “Knute Rockne, All American,” later adopted for his political career. But according to Jack Cavanaugh’s book “The Gipper,” Hunk Anderson, the last player to have seen Gipp alive, doubts that the football star ever really said that. (On the other hand, Rockne’s wife said her husband even noted the phrase in his diary after it happened.)

Simpson, in her essay, suggested that her brother Steve Jobs’s last words had something to do with his  “capacity for wonderment, the artist’s belief in the ideal, the still more beautiful later.”

Jobs biographer Walter Isaacson, in a recent interview on “60 Minutes,” said that in his final encounters with his subject, the Apple founder began to talk more about his thoughts on God and an afterlife. Was Jobs’s final wow somehow connected?

Inventor Thomas Edison’s last words were close in spirit to Jobs’s reported exit line.

According to various sources, including the book “Edison: Inventing the Century” by Neil Baldwin, hours before his death, Edison emerged from a coma, opened his eyes, looked upwards and said “It is very beautiful over there.”

Which may be another way of saying “Oh wow.”

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/10/3...ally-mean/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 05:21:22 PM by skyblue1 »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2011, 04:21:30 AM »
That's interesting.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2011, 06:05:15 PM »
Oh wow. It must have been a slow news day. :wanker:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2011, 05:12:37 PM »
Try not to be so obvious, please.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2011, 08:28:36 PM »
What's worse? Pissing on someone's grave or cumming on it? :orly: