Educational

Author Topic: I'm a hardcore Christian - Let's play.  (Read 6134 times)

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
Re: I'm a hardcore Christian - Let's play.
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2011, 12:57:44 AM »
God cares about you. Doesn't mean He's emotionally weak. He's unaffected by what you have to say. You are the one who is affected by what God says.

O RLY? So if I denounce him and say he's not real, I won't go to hell then because he won't take what I said to heart? Doesn't sound that caring if he condemns you disproportionately for such trivial matters of 'sin'. I mean eternal damnation over such frivolous details? Cool statement bro. :thumbup:

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 12:59:26 AM by ProfessorFarnsworth »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2011, 01:02:36 AM »
Also, another small detail, I'm actually affected by what his believers say. Because they're the ones who are tangible entities who can harm me if provoked enough. I've yet had god speak to me personally. :P
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2011, 02:20:52 AM »
God cares about you. Doesn't mean He's emotionally weak. He's unaffected by what you have to say. You are the one who is affected by what God says.

O RLY? So if I denounce him and say he's not real, I won't go to hell then because he won't take what I said to heart? Doesn't sound that caring if he condemns you disproportionately for such trivial matters of 'sin'. I mean eternal damnation over such frivolous details? Cool statement bro. :thumbup:

It's about justice, not about His own feelings.

You and I both have a sinful nature. So the just consequence for both of us - apart from Jesus - is death, not eternal life.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2011, 02:23:16 AM »
Also, another small detail, I'm actually affected by what his believers say. Because they're the ones who are tangible entities who can harm me if provoked enough. I've yet had god speak to me personally. :P

Not everyone who professes the faith is a true believer.

Jesus said:

Matthew 7:21-23
Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2011, 02:37:24 AM »
Well in the case, I could easily say you're not a true believer either, as there's no such thing. Considering how there's no unanimous decision on what interpretation of the bible is correct, who is accurate? So, as far as I'm concerned, only god has the true authority to speak for himself, and any believer's interpretation of the bible is rendered moot.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2011, 02:54:10 AM »
Well in the case, I could easily say you're not a true believer either, as there's no such thing. Considering how there's no unanimous decision on what interpretation of the bible is correct, who is accurate? So, as far as I'm concerned, only god has the true authority to speak for himself, and any believer's interpretation of the bible is rendered moot.

God says that there are true believers. Is His interpretation of His own Word also rendered moot?

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2011, 02:58:09 AM »

God says that there are true believers. Is His interpretation of His own Word also rendered moot?

You're dodging the question yet again ma boi. Whose believer's interpretation is accurate and thus qualifies as a true believer?

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2011, 03:00:12 AM »

You're dodging the question yet again ma boi. Whose interpretation is accurate and thus qualifies as a true believer?

Only God's interpretation is completely accurate. Scripture interprets Scripture, "ma boi".

If you want to know who's a true believer, you can't know for sure. Only God and the believer himself know.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2011, 03:03:50 AM »

You're dodging the question yet again ma boi. Whose interpretation is accurate and thus qualifies as a true believer?

Only God's interpretation is completely accurate. Scripture interprets Scripture, "ma boi".

If you want to know who's a true believer, you can't know for sure. Only God and the believer himself know.

But that's interpreted by his believers by a book that has been re-translated and edited over thousands of years. :zoinks:

There's honestly no way of knowing you're true to god's will, and not a tool to establishment meddling of a holy text.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2011, 03:10:28 AM »
But that's interpreted by his believers by a book that has been re-translated and edited over thousands of years. :zoinks:

Yes, believers and skeptics have interpreted writings that they have no right to interpret. So what? I only care for what God himself says in His Word.

I mean, if you want to know what a certain sentence implies in a Harry Potter book means, do you go to some 6-year-old Harry Potter fan for the correct interpretation? Or do you go to the author herself?

Edited? What edits are we talking about exactly?

Yes, the Bible has been translated several times. What? Do you want every person to learn Hebrew and Greek in order to understand the Bible? :P

There's honestly no way of knowing you're true to god's will, and not a tool to establishment meddling of a holy text.

I like how you just had to put that word "honestly" in there. ::)

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2011, 03:26:07 AM »

Yes, believers and skeptics have interpreted writings that they have no right to interpret. So what? I only care for what God himself says in His Word.

I mean, if you want to know what a certain sentence implies in a Harry Potter book means, do you go to some 6-year-old Harry Potter fan for the correct interpretation? Or do you go to the author herself?

Edited? What edits are we talking about exactly?

Yes, the Bible has been translated several times. What? Do you want every person to learn Hebrew and Greek in order to understand the Bible? :P

I like how you just had to put that word "honestly" in there. ::)

So you're comparing Harry Potter to the Bible now? That's a good sign as you're acknowledging the the bible is tantamount a fictional story. lol, Harry Potter is intentional fiction, never meant to hold any serious meaning, only to captivate imaginations and to entertain. Nice load of FAIL right there. In fact, I'm sure other religious people would be offended at you for making such an insinuation. After all, Harry Potter is the book of the Devil! :orly:

And yes, I say "honestly" because from what I see, you're clearly just talking out of your arse. You can't answer a simple question on what believer's interpretation is correct and serves as validity of being a true believer. You're a false believer, a fraud, and nothing you say can be trusted to truly represent god's will. As far as anyone's concern, you're probably one of Satan's agents, trying to pervert the holy works to corrupt people. GTFO satanfag. :zoinks:

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2011, 07:40:11 AM »
So you're comparing Harry Potter to the Bible now? That's a good sign as you're acknowledging the the bible is tantamount a fictional story. lol, Harry Potter is intentional fiction, never meant to hold any serious meaning, only to captivate imaginations and to entertain. Nice load of FAIL right there.

So was Harry potter a wizard according to the books or not? What if someone argued he was actually a demon from the pits of hell? Or that he was a woman in disguise? Does this make their interpretations of the Harry potter books valid?

I see nothing wrong with the analogy I made to serve a simple point. In no way am I insinuating that the Harry Potter books and the Bible are on the same level of divine and historical truths.

But, as usual, you display poor reasoning skills and project such lack of skills on me.

In fact, I'm sure other religious people would be offended at you for making such an insinuation. After all, Harry Potter is the book of the Devil! :orly:

I'm not bothered that much by what religious people think. Who told you Harry Potter is from the Devil?

And yes, I say "honestly" because from what I see, you're clearly just talking out of your arse. You can't answer a simple question on what believer's interpretation is correct and serves as validity of being a true believer.

I keep telling you it's not up to any believer (or any mere human for the matter) to interpret God's Word. What is it you don't understand here?

You're a false believer, a fraud, and nothing you say can be trusted to truly represent god's will. As far as anyone's concern, you're probably one of Satan's agents, trying to pervert the holy works to corrupt people. GTFO satanfag. :zoinks:

Ok, even if I'm not a true believer, what does this have to do with what God Himself tells you through the Bible?

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2011, 07:42:46 AM »

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2011, 08:00:40 AM »

:angel:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2011, 08:03:33 AM »
That is obviously not an accurate image as you wouldn't be alive now if it was a couple of homosexual men that God Himself directly created.