Educational

Author Topic: Dead Throne Fuck Yeah  (Read 682 times)

eris

Re: Dead Throne Fuck Yeah
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 03:34:23 PM »
So, I listened to the second one.  I hear one guitar and one guy(?) screaming like he is passing a kidney stone.  What do the other 4 members of the band do?

That is my favorite on the album but not really a GREAT representation of the band. I prefer the loud bundles of noise being thrown at me so that is why I like that song.

but they do get melodic,

If you honestly want to see the variety in their style, listen to this ( my favorite song of theirs )

Who are they and what do they do ?

left to right,

Daniel Williams - drums
     Andy Trick - bass guitar
     Mike Hranica - lead vocals
     Chris Rubey - lead guitar
     Jeremy DePoyster - rhythm guitar, clean vocals
     James Baney - keyboards, synthesizers, piano, programming

midlifeaspie

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 03:34:42 PM »
So, I listened to the second one.  I hear one guitar and one guy(?) screaming like he is passing a kidney stone.  What do the other 4 members of the band do?

They're probably sucking each other off. That's probably the primary reason eris likes this... group... so much. :orly:

I have a hard time believing that when you came back you intended to revert to your childish bullshit quite so quickly.  Maybe time for another break?

eris

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 03:35:57 PM »

They're probably sucking each other off. That's probably the primary reason eris likes this... group... so much. :orly:

Oh fuck I wish they did that. Id probably die of a heart attack though if I saw. Id die happy tho.

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 03:39:02 PM »

I have a hard time believing that when you came back you intended to revert to your childish bullshit quite so quickly.  Maybe time for another break?

I don't have anything better to do. I'm the first to admit that.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 03:41:29 PM »

Didn't it feel better to contribute something positive, like the time you helped the Professor with his video game issue?  Couldn't you focus on more of that?

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 03:49:39 PM »

Didn't it feel better to contribute something positive, like the time you helped the Professor with his video game issue?  Couldn't you focus on more of that?

Yeah. It did. But I'm not sure I could focus on being very helpful or positive since I honestly do not have much to contribute to any Internet community.

Yet, I don't want to be just silent. I need an outlet. But this thread isn't about me, so I'll just leave it at that. Maybe I'll just go register another forum and channel my negativity on there.

eris

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 03:54:27 PM »
To actually compare apples to apples, Metalcore as a genre has been around for almost 30 years. All early Metalcore bands were underground, obviously.

Integrity is a fucking EXCELLENT example of early Metalcore

I also really like Deathcore. which is basically Metalcore with more Death Metal influence.

Here is your favorite band, Pentagram :0 Cattle Decapitation :)

but I listen to leonard cohen and duran duran sometimes too

:headbang2:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 03:56:43 PM by eris »

midlifeaspie

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 03:56:59 PM »
Yeah. It did. But I'm not sure I could focus on being very helpful or positive since I honestly do not have much to contribute to any Internet community.

Yet, I don't want to be just silent. I need an outlet. But this thread isn't about me, so I'll just leave it at that. Maybe I'll just go register another forum and channel my negativity on there.

I will say one thing and leave it at that.  You have a certain amount of wit, and can be a genuinely funny guy.  You seem to know a lot about the things that you have a strong interest in, and you have an interesting pool of life experience to draw from.  If you only spent a little time figuring out how to channel these things in a positive way you would reap a lot more positive attention.  Instead of going for the easy, cheap shot you might consider taking a few extra minutes and think about how you could instead write something that would cause people to respond to you and engage in further conversation instead of just chastising you for being a dick.  You have been down that second road before, and you would get a lot more of the attention you crave from the first one.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 04:00:59 PM »
Leonard Cohen is good.

eris

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 04:04:08 PM »
Leonard Cohen is good.

really good. I listen to him a lot. Avalanche is one of the greatest songs ever written.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011, 04:09:38 PM »
I love Sisters of Mercy

midlifeaspie

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2011, 04:28:06 PM »
Anyone else like Deathmole?

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2011, 06:29:58 PM »
Anyone else like Deathmole?

Reminds me a bit of the song "Artierial Black" by Drist from Guitar Hero 2, sans the vocals. It's pretty palatable.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2011, 06:54:14 PM »
"Doesn't anyone like a good bagpipe band anymore?" asked the Queen in a teeny, tiny voice.?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2011, 07:35:33 PM »
"Doesn't anyone like a good bagpipe band anymore?" asked the Queen in a teeny, tiny voice.?

Here's one: