Educational

Author Topic: Dead Throne Fuck Yeah  (Read 684 times)

eris

Dead Throne Fuck Yeah
« on: August 31, 2011, 02:19:21 PM »
The Devil Wears Prada, an excellent fucking band, drops their new album "Dead Throne" in a few weeks and, of course, it hit the internet last night

My opinion ? I like it  :thumbup:

A few things though. They have been talking about this for a few months now, hyping it up. They said it is going to be their heaviest album. I really have to disagree - Plagues was much heavier.

But overall Im pleased. I like the hardcore influences working with the chunky guitars. And I love the screaming mixed with the clean vocals. It's nice. I love Metalcore :)

This is going to be their first single.

but this is my favorite song on it

yes, I am aware you all dont care

:)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Dead Throne Fuck Yeah
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 02:20:57 PM »
I can tell this thread is going to be upsetting to me, enough that I shall say, "We are not amused. Please pass the earplugs."
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

eris

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 02:26:53 PM »
upsetting ? Naa, Its art :M

eris

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 02:42:25 PM »
ahh, pentagram is posting :)

He is going to tell me that they suck, and its not heavy, and they are commercial and I should die for listening to them. :)

midlifeaspie

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 02:45:54 PM »
I guess a hardcore metal band taking their name from a Lauren Weisenberger novel about the fashion industry is ironic?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 02:46:18 PM »
ahh, pentagram is posting :)

He is going to tell me that they suck, and its not heavy, and they are commercial and I should die for listening to them. :)

Is he that predictable?  :autism:

eris

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 02:50:29 PM »
I guess a hardcore metal band taking their name from a Lauren Weisenberger novel about the fashion industry is ironic?

Its not really supposed to be ironic. Though it is a little tongue -in- cheek. They mean that the devil is a fashionable character, and cares about materialism blah blah. They are using the name to say that they are against materialism and idolatry and such etc etc. In "dogs can grow beard all over" the lyric really speaks for itself " He wears a slick jacket and gold watch".

Yeah and the band is before the movie, so they felt a little silly when the movie came out and everyone thought a hardcore band was about a click flick.

Thing is, in a few years no one will remember the movie but the band will live on

midlifeaspie

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 02:51:16 PM »
Thing is, in a few years no one will remember the movie but the band will live on

:thumbup:

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 03:01:59 PM »
That's not art... it's fucking entry-level insipid, puerile, emotionless, mainstream dogshit that only 12-year old emo boys who think they're "metal" listen to. And the same exact fucking thing has been done a thousand times before, going back to Dillinger Escape Plan's debut album a decade ago. What's next? You're gonna be listening to Justin Beiber and the Jonas Bros.?

Here is what metalcore should be:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 03:11:18 PM »
That's not art... it's fucking entry-level insipid, puerile, emotionless, mainstream dogshit that only 12-year old emo boys who think they're "metal" listen to. And the same exact fucking thing has been done a thousand times before, going back to Dillinger Escape Plan's debut album a decade ago. What's next? You're gonna be listening to Justin Beiber and the Jonas Bros.?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2:  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 03:15:49 PM »
They're both crap.

(Sorry Eris :P)
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

eris

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 03:16:59 PM »

Here is what metalcore should be:

Metalcore is a mix of hardcore punk and extreme forms of metal like death metal and thrash. Neurosis isnt Metalcore it is Sludge Metal. Dillinger Escape plan isnt Metalcore either, it is Mathcore which is a mixture of Post-Hardcore and off-beat timing. I dont like either of those bands, but putting them in the same context as TDWP just means you didnt do your homework, and you are only criticizing it because it doesnt not fit your personal tastes. Which is ok, I dont expect anyone (especially on this board) to like it. And the jonas brothers is a kids band lol, if you can seriously point out some similarities in the songwriting Id like to hear it.

I dont read websites and magazines to see what is cool before I listen to it. I just like what I hear.

EDIT: Any "core" band will have hardcore punk influences, and that should be duly noted. If the breed of metal doesnt come from punk, I have a hard time putting it in the same category as the current hardcore scene.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 03:21:09 PM by eris »

midlifeaspie

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 03:23:07 PM »
Thanks to the both of you for my new siggie  :thumbup:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 03:25:33 PM »
So, I listened to the second one.  I hear one guitar and one guy(?) screaming like he is passing a kidney stone.  What do the other 4 members of the band do?

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 03:32:49 PM »
So, I listened to the second one.  I hear one guitar and one guy(?) screaming like he is passing a kidney stone.  What do the other 4 members of the band do?

They're probably sucking each other off. That's probably the primary reason eris likes this... group... so much. :orly: