Educational

Author Topic: Post something you learned today that you wish you could unlearn.  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post something you learned today that you wish you could unlearn.
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2011, 06:46:40 AM »
Correction: They were sheltie guinea pigs, not abyssinians.

This one looks awfully similar to one of the males born:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2011, 07:26:56 AM »
I had two guinea pigs once. One, the male one I got for free from the family up the road, and the other female one I got from a pet shop (a purty abyssinian one)
Turned out the female was already pregnant by the time I got her home. My duo of cavies turned into a family of six :P. I ended up building them a 3x3m cage in the backyard.

Abyssinian ones aren't really suited to outside as they have long hair, long trains of it, and it easily gets clumps and dags in it. All four babies had long fur, it was horrid :(

My two were males, one short-haired and the other with longer, wavier hair that I used to groom a bit.  :heart:

"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2011, 08:10:11 AM »
Not that I learned it today, just that I was reminded of it today.  Just how persistent/obsessed the Princess Royal can be.  I was confronted 8 times today with why she should have a hamster.  Literally.  Confronted.  Demanded.  Spoken very loudly and passionately to.  Tears and all.

Damn.

And, over the weeks, that will grow into a much bigger number than just 8........

:hug:

The only consolation there is is that in half a year at the most, much sooner hopefully, you will be able to laugh when remembering all attempts made.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2011, 01:33:58 PM »
Not that I learned it today, just that I was reminded of it today.  Just how persistent/obsessed the Princess Royal can be.  I was confronted 8 times today with why she should have a hamster.  Literally.  Confronted.  Demanded.  Spoken very loudly and passionately to.  Tears and all.

Damn.

She already has Hedwig, right?

If you and her dad have decided for good reasons that she can't have another pet, you explain your reasons very simply, then to all her further dozens of attempts, you kindly say that you know that she's trying to change your minds, but it's not going to happen.

She's persistent for good reason (genetics, IMO) but you and her dad are just as persistent too.  Or maybe I'm just projecting because our daughter has a double dose of stubbornness genes from her dad and me.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2011, 02:36:22 PM »

Damn.

She already has Hedwig, right?

If you and her dad have decided for good reasons that she can't have another pet, you explain your reasons very simply, then to all her further dozens of attempts, you kindly say that you know that she's trying to change your minds, but it's not going to happen.

She's persistent for good reason (genetics, IMO) but you and her dad are just as persistent too.  Or maybe I'm just projecting because our daughter has a double dose of stubbornness genes from her dad and me.

Was thinking in that line too.

Mothering one of those doubly blessed with stubborn genes too.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2011, 03:22:47 PM »
Well, I'm not going to give in. I'm going to try active listening (not to be confused with corporal punishment, lol) and say that I know she's lonely and wants a pet, but there are other ways she can get companionship.

Hedwig is in the computer room now since she insisted on chirping while the PR watched TV.  Hedwig was actually bought as a pet for Chirp when the other parakeet died.  The PR took Hedwig for a while, but I took her back because of the chirping complaints.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

eris

« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2011, 04:16:59 PM »
I wish I did not know you need to frighten the Colorado tree frogs to extract the hallucinogen from them

Now, all I can do is imagine my friend holding a box of fucking frogs, screaming at them :D

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2011, 04:29:19 PM »
I wish I did not know you need to frighten the Colorado tree frogs to extract the hallucinogen from them

Now, all I can do is imagine my friend holding a box of fucking frogs, screaming at them :D
that might only piss them off

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2011, 05:57:04 PM »
Well, I'm not going to give in. I'm going to try active listening (not to be confused with corporal punishment, lol) and say that I know she's lonely and wants a pet, but there are other ways she can get companionship.

Hedwig is in the computer room now since she insisted on chirping while the PR watched TV.  Hedwig was actually bought as a pet for Chirp when the other parakeet died.  The PR took Hedwig for a while, but I took her back because of the chirping complaints.

That sounds like a good plan. 

If the PR took Hedwig for a while and then gave her back because she was too noisy while she was trying to watch TV, what's likely to happen when the Hamster-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named squeaks his squeaky little hamster wheel while she tries to watch TV?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2011, 05:59:59 PM »

That sounds like a good plan. 

If the PR took Hedwig for a while and then gave her back because she was too noisy while she was trying to watch TV, what's likely to happen when the Hamster-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named squeaks his squeaky little hamster wheel while she tries to watch TV?

:indeed:   Rodent pets can be quite noisy, as I learned when I had my guinea pigs!  :heart:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

midlifeaspie

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2011, 10:28:14 AM »
I know many of you have been sitting on the edges of your seats waiting for this news, so I will go ahead and share so you can all relax.  My penis is back to it's usual happy condition.  You can sleep well tonight.  That is all.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2011, 02:29:25 PM »
I know many of you have been sitting on the edges of your seats waiting for this news, so I will go ahead and share so you can all relax.  My penis is back to it's usual happy condition.  You can sleep well tonight.  That is all.

This.

:rofl:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2011, 02:45:00 PM »
Yippee.

Three cheers for MLAs cock cleaning meds ;)

Osensitive1

« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2011, 04:14:31 PM »
:laugh:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2011, 04:23:19 PM »