Educational

Author Topic: coffee drinkers?  (Read 2907 times)

purposefulinsanity

Re: coffee drinkers?
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2006, 05:17:01 AM »
a lot of americans really are ignorant about it though...just not *all* of us...i think a lot of americans just don't give a rat's ass about geography...i didn't take an interest until i started making online friends, all over the world

I don't think that applies just to americans though, I think a lot of people just aren't that interested in geography no matter what country they are from.  I don't think this makes them ignorant people, after all, if we all shared the same interests life would be pretty dull.

Teejay

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2006, 05:59:42 AM »
When I was younger I was a tea drinker, Earl Grey being my favorite and Captain Jean Luc Picard's as well. However in later years I switched to coffee.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2006, 06:01:15 AM »
I couldn't drink coffee at all until about 5 years ago, I would only drink tea- but when I realised that tea gives me migraine I learned to drink coffee so I could have some caffeine to get me moving in the morning.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2006, 06:43:12 AM »
the globe looks great.  but pricey.

where is it made?
Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2006, 07:20:10 AM »
i need some coffee right now.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2006, 07:23:22 AM »
i need some coffee right now.

coffee:
i admit my guilty pleasue of starfucks 5 shot latte with peppermint.

Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2006, 07:34:37 AM »
that sounds good. i am thinking of getting a pumpkin spice latte, or maybe trying the frappucino.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2006, 07:35:35 AM »
that sounds good. i am thinking of getting a pumpkin spice latte, or maybe trying the frappucino.
oh, i also order it at 100 degrees.  i have a sensitive (and insured) tongue.
Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2006, 07:36:58 AM »
haha

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2006, 07:40:21 AM »
haha

i have been noticing you write ha ha lately.  may i comment that i prefer your new ha ha to the old lol.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2006, 07:43:00 AM »
Three years ago my son asked our local "Santa" for a globe (he was four, then) and he's damn hard to stump in geography. If it's on his globe he knows it. Cities, countries, lakes, rivers, deserts, islands  ... it doesn't matter ...  he's got it.

My daughter's globe is a Leapfrog Explorer and it can both teach you and quiz you as well.  It's really cool.

I love the Leapfrog products. We couldn't use them, though. My son is autistic and shit like that used to scare the HELL out of him. Any toy that made noise on its own terrified him. And, if it had an electronic sounding voice it was a whole new level of horror for him. We have made enormous steps with him, but he's a little past most of the Leapfrog stuff at this point.

I wouldn't mind having the math one, though. He gets the math concepts and knows the tables fairly well, but the tests are timed on a computer and he fails them. He just won't take tests ... computers are just too much fun. He won't 'stay put' when he needs to.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2006, 07:45:20 AM »
I love the Leapfrog products. We couldn't use them, though. My son is autistic and shit like that used to scare the HELL out of him. Any toy that made noise on its own terrified him. And, if it had an electronic sounding voice it was a whole new level of horror for him. We have made enormous steps with him, but he's a little past most of the Leapfrog stuff at this point.

My eldest son is almost 10 and he still gets freaked out by unexpected noises- going into the supermarket used to be hell for him because of the rides they have in the door way.  He would go in with his coat over his head and his hands over his ears and we'd have to guide him past them.  He's getting better now but he's still really sensitive to stuff that makes unexpected noises.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2006, 08:06:46 AM »
Stores are still rough (on both of us), but he's gotten to the point where he can cope, most of the time. He's got such a mature way about him most of the time, that it stuns people.

In the Meijer freezer section, the noise level is ridiculous with about a hundred and fifty coolers going at the same time. I have to chew on the inside of my cheek and keep my teeth sucked dry the whole time, in order to deal with it and I can't talk to people other than my pre-fab "HI!", but we get through it. Watching him, closely, he "plays" with the acoustical nulls and re-inforcement areas of the place at first, but he sometimes says "This is getting to be a bit much. We need to move it along, please." He is SO aware at times, it fills me with hope.

Whoever thought of the starbucks coffee in that place and the cup holders on the carts was a genius. Coffee calms me down really well.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 08:11:42 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2006, 12:05:16 PM »

where is it made?

The one we have was made in Mexico.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2006, 12:32:22 PM »

where is it made?

The one we have was made in Mexico.
thats a little better.

imo, practically nothing made in china should cost so much.  slave labor and all.
mexico isn't really much better.

damn.  i was thinking that it would make a neat x-mas present.  that an some paper and a couple of books on oragami.
Misunderstood.