Author Topic: cop killer  (Read 271 times)

eris

cop killer
« on: June 27, 2011, 12:19:50 AM »
I have been following this news story for a while now. A man who lives in my city, Richard Poplawski,  shot 3 police officers in the head when they responded to a domestic disturbance in his house in 2009. I always thought it was kind of amazing. He didn't hesitate; as the officers walked into his house BAM BAM BAM one right after the other. He is obviously hated by most people, but has also become like a folk hero. He is a white supremacist and is starting to get a following by other neo-nazis. I don't think anyone should kill anyone, of course, and Im certainly not a white supremacist...but I am still fascinated by this case.

Today he was just found guilty, and the penalty phase is started on monday. Not too many people are put to death in Pennsylvania, but I'm' sure he will be sentenced to death.

Here is a link the original  crime, and part of the story.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/04/police-several-pa-officer_n_183130.html

PITTSBURGH — A gunman wearing a bulletproof vest and "lying in wait" opened fire on officers responding to a domestic disturbance call Saturday, killing three of them and turning a quiet Pittsburgh street into a battlefield, police said.

Police Chief Nate Harper said the motive for the shooting isn't clear, but friends said the gunman recently had been upset about losing his job and feared the Obama administration was poised to ban guns.

Richard Poplawski, 23, met officers at the doorway and shot two of them in the head immediately, Harper said. An officer who tried to help the two also was killed.

Poplawski, armed with an assault rifle and two other guns, then held police at bay for four hours as the fallen officers were left bleeding nearby, their colleagues unable to reach them, according to police and witnesses. More than 100 rounds were fired by the SWAT teams and Poplawski, Harper said.

and here is news on the trail.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/11177/1156390-53.stm

Poplawski guilty on all counts
Jury deliberates for four hours in case of 3 slain police officers

Scrapheap

Re: cop killer
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 12:23:28 AM »
There's nothing wrong with shooting cops.

I just wish it was done by someone else besides Nazi types.

eris

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 12:31:10 AM »
It's just the way that he did it that amazes me. Totally balls out like in a movie

He literally killed then as they walked though his door.

Scrapheap

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 01:23:44 AM »
It's just the way that he did it that amazes me. Totally balls out like in a movie

He literally killed then as they walked though his door.

That was tacticaly smart.

If things had played out slightly differently, I would've gunned down 3 Santa Barbara County Sherrifs about 4 years ago. They charged me and some friends out on some property, but commited a tactical mistake in the process. If I had been armed, I could've shot all 3 without them being able to effectively return fire.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 05:08:22 AM »
I have been following this news story for a while now. A man who lives in my city, Richard Poplawski,  shot 3 police officers in the head when they responded to a domestic disturbance in his house in 2009. I always thought it was kind of amazing. He didn't hesitate; as the officers walked into his house BAM BAM BAM one right after the other. He is obviously hated by most people, but has also become like a folk hero. He is a white supremacist and is starting to get a following by other neo-nazis. I don't think anyone should kill anyone, of course, and Im certainly not a white supremacist...but I am still fascinated by this case.

Today he was just found guilty, and the penalty phase is started on monday. Not too many people are put to death in Pennsylvania, but I'm' sure he will be sentenced to death.

Here is a link the original  crime, and part of the story.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/04/police-several-pa-officer_n_183130.html

PITTSBURGH — A gunman wearing a bulletproof vest and "lying in wait" opened fire on officers responding to a domestic disturbance call Saturday, killing three of them and turning a quiet Pittsburgh street into a battlefield, police said.

Police Chief Nate Harper said the motive for the shooting isn't clear, but friends said the gunman recently had been upset about losing his job and feared the Obama administration was poised to ban guns.

Richard Poplawski, 23, met officers at the doorway and shot two of them in the head immediately, Harper said. An officer who tried to help the two also was killed.

Poplawski, armed with an assault rifle and two other guns, then held police at bay for four hours as the fallen officers were left bleeding nearby, their colleagues unable to reach them, according to police and witnesses. More than 100 rounds were fired by the SWAT teams and Poplawski, Harper said.

and here is news on the trail.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/11177/1156390-53.stm

Poplawski guilty on all counts
Jury deliberates for four hours in case of 3 slain police officers

The irony is that his actions made the outcome he feared more likely than ever.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 05:40:15 AM »
Surprised the SWAT team didn't kill him in the standoff it seems they kill a lot of people who are unarmed in the no knock raids they perform but here an example of what they were created for and a someone who had killed cops at that and he makes it to trial.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 05:31:29 PM »
Of course a no-knock raid raid without a warrant is illegal, as it is still considered break and enter.

I found a T-shirt (which I may buy) that says:

This shirt is being worn by a POLICE OFFICER. Lie down on the floor and do excatly what the police officer says.

I could wear it with my NYPD cap.