Educational

Author Topic: Shitty meat  (Read 1024 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Shitty meat
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2011, 06:04:08 AM »
McTurd Burgers, coming to McDonalds menus soon :laugh:

I didn't think they were much better to begin with tbh.  :laugh:

They probably invented this turd meat years ago themselves. If not, I can certainly imagine the McDonalds execs popping champagne right now :P.

:lol:

I'm never touching a Mc Donalds again.  :thumbdn: :zombiefuck:

Likewise!  They can't convince me that all the bacteria's like E. Coli are completely removed or will be removed in the processing.  Considering that most industries processing food have and will cut corners to make a profit.   

I'd be more concerned about heavy metals, persistent organic pollutants, prions and the unknown long-term effects of regularly eating something that's probably laced with human antigens.
:agreed:

Al that stuff that heating won't change.

OMG, mad cow disease!  :redneck:

Raping mad cows can have curious side effects. :orly:

:brick: :redneck:

And eating them can destroy your brain.  I've eaten many burgers in my time.  I hope they don't come back to haunt me.   :hide:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2011, 06:07:01 AM »
McTurd Burgers, coming to McDonalds menus soon :laugh:

I didn't think they were much better to begin with tbh.  :laugh:

They probably invented this turd meat years ago themselves. If not, I can certainly imagine the McDonalds execs popping champagne right now :P.

:lol:

I'm never touching a Mc Donalds again.  :thumbdn: :zombiefuck:

Likewise!  They can't convince me that all the bacteria's like E. Coli are completely removed or will be removed in the processing.  Considering that most industries processing food have and will cut corners to make a profit.   

I'd be more concerned about heavy metals, persistent organic pollutants, prions and the unknown long-term effects of regularly eating something that's probably laced with human antigens.
:agreed:

Al that stuff that heating won't change.

OMG, mad cow disease!  :redneck:

Raping mad cows can have curious side effects. :orly:

:brick: :redneck:

And eating them can destroy your brain.  I've eaten many burgers in my time.  I hope they don't come back to haunt me.   :hide:

They won't haunt you , but Hyke may be a little miffed at you eating her relatives.  :zoinks:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2011, 06:25:36 AM »
I saw some cows walking into their field yesterday

also lots of sheep and some horses and a baby horse

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2011, 06:30:26 AM »
I saw some cows walking into their field yesterday

also lots of sheep and some horses and a baby horse

Mc Donalds burger meat supplier's farm in other words.  :zoinks:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Scrapheap

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »
Japan scientist synthesizes meat from human feces :zombiefuck:

Somehow this feels like a Vonnegut plotline: population boom equals food shortage. Solution? Synthesize food from human waste matter. Absurd yes, but Japanese scientists have actually discovered a way to create edible steaks from human feces.

Mitsuyuki Ikeda, a researcher from the Okayama Laboratory, has developed steaks based on proteins from human excrement. Tokyo Sewage approached the scientist because of an overabundance of sewage mud. They asked him to explore the possible uses of the sewage and Ikeda found that the mud contained a great deal of protein because of all the bacteria.
link

The researchers then extracted those proteins, combined them with a reaction enhancer and put it in an exploder which created the artificial steak. The “meat” is 63% proteins, 25% carbohydrates, 3% lipids and 9% minerals. The researchers color the poop meat red with food coloring and enhance the flavor with soy protein. Initial tests have people saying it even tastes like beef.

This is a necessary technology to develop if humans are to ever explore deep space. It will take several generations of people to get to any planet that resembles earth.