Educational

Author Topic: benjimanbreeg's special needs sport coaching thread  (Read 1773 times)

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
Re: benjimanbreeg's special needs sport coaching thread
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2011, 05:33:16 PM »
Wow, I was just kidding.   :autism:  Don't be so sensetive.  I'm impressed with your sports knowledge.  And I didn't say I played county tennis, the guy I play with used to play for his county when he was younger.  Not sure what the other bullshit has to do with it  :scratchhead:

I'm unlikely to get along with someone who makes snidey comments towards me when I'm trying to be friendly towards them. It's usually a good idea to get to know someone, and understand their sense of humour before kidding around with them. It's that type of joke that doesn't really make you seem like a cool guy.

I wouldn't change my sense of humour to suit others, especially on a forum.  It wasn't a snidey comment, I was messing about, and didn't realise you were touchy about the subject.  And getting so wound up about one silly comment, that you go into crazy mode and try and get me de-eldered again, thats silly.  I already asked odeon to just de-elder me if it shuts people up about it.  I wasn't making fun of you in a nasty way, I believe you that you're a good goalkeeper, just needs good reactions and to be  :viking:

My reaction has nothing to do with the subject. You would have got the same reaction if you'd mentioned the colour of my hair, or any other silly comment. It's the fact that it sounded a bit snidey.

Maybe you are a decent guy. Sadly, I'm struggling to see it.

Seriously Benji. Instead of trying to be funny, why don't you try and show us that you really are a nice, and genuine guy. I can't speak for anybody else, but if you make an effort to be nice, I'll be nice to you. I done it with Penty when he started to make an effort. Maybe we could even end up getting along  :viking:

Just cause we've argued, doesn't mean that if I take the piss, its in a nasty way.  Or that I believe what i'm joking about.  I guess I shouldn't blame an aspie for taking things literally.

Why does it matter what type of guy I am, its a forum.  I'm gonna take a summer holiday soon anyway  :autism:

Lol, if you want me to be nice, I wouldn't advise you to compare me with penty   :orly:  Thats cool if you'd prefer to get along though.  Arguing gets boring after a while.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2011, 05:43:29 PM »
Wow, I was just kidding.   :autism:  Don't be so sensetive.  I'm impressed with your sports knowledge.  And I didn't say I played county tennis, the guy I play with used to play for his county when he was younger.  Not sure what the other bullshit has to do with it  :scratchhead:

I'm unlikely to get along with someone who makes snidey comments towards me when I'm trying to be friendly towards them. It's usually a good idea to get to know someone, and understand their sense of humour before kidding around with them. It's that type of joke that doesn't really make you seem like a cool guy.

I wouldn't change my sense of humour to suit others, especially on a forum.  It wasn't a snidey comment, I was messing about, and didn't realise you were touchy about the subject.  And getting so wound up about one silly comment, that you go into crazy mode and try and get me de-eldered again, thats silly.  I already asked odeon to just de-elder me if it shuts people up about it.  I wasn't making fun of you in a nasty way, I believe you that you're a good goalkeeper, just needs good reactions and to be  :viking:

My reaction has nothing to do with the subject. You would have got the same reaction if you'd mentioned the colour of my hair, or any other silly comment. It's the fact that it sounded a bit snidey.

Maybe you are a decent guy. Sadly, I'm struggling to see it.

Seriously Benji. Instead of trying to be funny, why don't you try and show us that you really are a nice, and genuine guy. I can't speak for anybody else, but if you make an effort to be nice, I'll be nice to you. I done it with Penty when he started to make an effort. Maybe we could even end up getting along  :viking:

Just cause we've argued, doesn't mean that if I take the piss, its in a nasty way.  Or that I believe what i'm joking about.  I guess I shouldn't blame an aspie for taking things literally.

Why does it matter what type of guy I am, its a forum.  I'm gonna take a summer holiday soon anyway  :autism:

Lol, if you want me to be nice, I wouldn't advise you to compare me with penty   :orly:  Thats cool if you'd prefer to get along though.  Arguing gets boring after a while.

OK. I won't compare you with Penty, if you cut out the snidey sounding comments, and before long, maybe we'll be  :handjob:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2011, 05:50:15 PM »
 :flowersex:
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2011, 03:26:53 AM »
I remember when I was younger, about 13-14 I was absolutely obsessed with tennis. I used to buy tennis magazines and practice all the time. I had tennis lessons too. Thing was, I didn't have any depth perception (and still don't) so I was crap at tennis. Gradually I lost interest because of how bad I was and didn't realise until many years later that it wasn't my fault I was so rubbish at tennis.

So there is nothing you can do benji. ;)

Maybe you just needed to be a bit more disciplined.  Like stay behind the back line all the time.  Then if someone drops one short, just stay at the net till the point is over.
Nah, I am too handicapped for tennis now. Try playing with one eye and you will know what I mean about needing depth perception to play tennis (and many other types of sports). It really is hit and miss. Or try to hit and miss. Which is quite embarrassing. When I had tennis lessons, I was the only one in the group who didn't improve. When I think back, I feel sorry for me at that age.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2011, 08:15:12 AM »
Aww  :(  Hugs young Ren  :hug:  A guy at my club only has one eye.  He has trouble when he's smashing and stuff, but he still does pretty good, and bats at cricket better than me, mind you, I should wear glasses  :P

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2011, 11:36:12 AM »
There's a Northern Irish international footballer who only has one eye. Dean Shiels.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2011, 12:22:09 PM »
Wasn't there an England goalkeeper too?  Not sure if it was Banks.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2011, 12:41:11 PM »

He lost his eye in a car crash and stopped playing in goal. I think he tried unsuccesfully to be an outfielder at non-league level.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2011, 04:57:33 PM »

He lost his eye in a car crash and stopped playing in goal. I think he tried unsuccesfully to be an outfielder at non-league level.

Did you know that, or google?  :P

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2011, 05:06:29 PM »

Did you know that, or google?  :P

Believe it or not, I did know that :headbang2:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2011, 05:14:27 PM »
 :clap:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2011, 02:50:01 PM »
Looks like our French open predictions could be right butterfly, if we put our heads together, we could make a good little tipster team  :zoinks:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2011, 04:48:48 PM »
Looks like our French open predictions could be right butterfly, if we put our heads together, we could make a good little tipster team  :zoinks:

The Mens draw was very easy to predict. It was obvious that, barring injury, the top 4 would make the semis. I expect to see a Nadal v Djokovic final, although Federer could easily surprise Djokovic.

I wouldn't have done so well with the womens though. Since all the top seeds went out, I was convinced Sharapova would win easily. Was shocked to see Li Na beat her.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2011, 04:59:27 PM »
But its the first time the top four seeds have all reached a slam semi's in 5 years.  I'd like to see a murray-fed final, and fed to wipe the floor with him again  :hahaha:

I thought she was gonna win it too.  I must've worn her out too much last night  :facepalm2:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2011, 05:37:33 PM »
But its the first time the top four seeds have all reached a slam semi's in 5 years.  I'd like to see a murray-fed final, and fed to wipe the floor with him again  :hahaha:

I thought she was gonna win it too.  I must've worn her out too much last night  :facepalm2:

:thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn:

I don't like Federer at all. He is way too smug :thumbdn:

Obviously a big Murray fan, I like Nadal, and I don't mind Djokovic, but Federer :thumbdn:

I've disliked him since he wore his Golden Jumpsuit with a crown on it at Wimbledon.