Educational

Author Topic: benjimanbreeg's special needs sport coaching thread  (Read 1757 times)

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
Re: benjimanbreeg's special needs sport coaching thread
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2011, 01:04:10 PM »
Lol  :nerdy:  Its a pretty quiet game like I thought, needs a goal!
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2011, 01:04:49 PM »
as long as it's a united goal, ok :P

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2011, 01:14:00 PM »
Too bad  :santa:  It needed the Barca goal, Man U will have to open up now.  There should be at least 1 more goal I reckon. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2011, 01:22:08 PM »
Rooneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2011, 08:37:08 PM »
Please feel free to ask for any tips or advice about sport.  The main ones being- golf, football, tennis, cricket, boxing, badminton and table tennis.  If your problem is, having no control over your arms and legs, then sorry, thats not my field  :autism:

Bit confused by this thread. Why would we need sporting advice and why from you?

Cause i'm a good all round sportsman  :viking:  I was talking more about if people play a certain sport, and need some tips.  I've played cricket for my county as a kid, but just lost interest, probably coulda been a pro if I was dedicated.  I've had loads of golf lessons and quite a few tennis ones.

You think people might?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2011, 10:07:07 PM »
I remember when I was younger, about 13-14 I was absolutely obsessed with tennis. I used to buy tennis magazines and practice all the time. I had tennis lessons too. Thing was, I didn't have any depth perception (and still don't) so I was crap at tennis. Gradually I lost interest because of how bad I was and didn't realise until many years later that it wasn't my fault I was so rubbish at tennis.

So there is nothing you can do benji. ;)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2011, 11:05:34 AM »
Please feel free to ask for any tips or advice about sport.  The main ones being- golf, football, tennis, cricket, boxing, badminton and table tennis.  If your problem is, having no control over your arms and legs, then sorry, thats not my field  :autism:

Bit confused by this thread. Why would we need sporting advice and why from you?

Cause i'm a good all round sportsman  :viking:  I was talking more about if people play a certain sport, and need some tips.  I've played cricket for my county as a kid, but just lost interest, probably coulda been a pro if I was dedicated.  I've had loads of golf lessons and quite a few tennis ones.

You think people might?

Well butterflies is a special goalkeeper at football  :zoinks:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2011, 11:07:59 AM »
I remember when I was younger, about 13-14 I was absolutely obsessed with tennis. I used to buy tennis magazines and practice all the time. I had tennis lessons too. Thing was, I didn't have any depth perception (and still don't) so I was crap at tennis. Gradually I lost interest because of how bad I was and didn't realise until many years later that it wasn't my fault I was so rubbish at tennis.

So there is nothing you can do benji. ;)

Maybe you just needed to be a bit more disciplined.  Like stay behind the back line all the time.  Then if someone drops one short, just stay at the net till the point is over.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2011, 05:52:47 PM »

You think people might?

Well butterflies is a special goalkeeper at football  :zoinks:

No, I'm not a special goalie. Just a normal 5-a-side goalie, but saying as I have the ear of a genuinely special sportsman, maybe you can give me advice on how to be as special as you.

How can I be special enough to have the walls of a golf club decorated with the spoils of my triumph? How can I be special enough to represent my county at junior level cricket, with the chance to go pro? How can I be special enough to be a county level tennis doubles player? How can I be a truly special all-round sportsperson like you?

In fact, if you're as special as you claim to be, then why give up a life as a great sportsman to live a life of true FAIL, having to invent a girlfriend, and resorting to blackmailing an old friend on an internet forum?

I smell bullshit :zoinks:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2011, 04:45:45 PM »
Wow, I was just kidding.   :autism:  Don't be so sensetive.  I'm impressed with your sports knowledge.  And I didn't say I played county tennis, the guy I play with used to play for his county when he was younger.  Not sure what the other bullshit has to do with it  :scratchhead:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2011, 04:58:14 PM »
Wow, I was just kidding.   :autism:  Don't be so sensetive.  I'm impressed with your sports knowledge.  And I didn't say I played county tennis, the guy I play with used to play for his county when he was younger.  Not sure what the other bullshit has to do with it  :scratchhead:

I'm unlikely to get along with someone who makes snidey comments towards me when I'm trying to be friendly towards them. It's usually a good idea to get to know someone, and understand their sense of humour before kidding around with them. It's that type of joke that doesn't really make you seem like a cool guy.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2011, 05:08:36 PM »

I'm unlikely to get along with someone who makes snidey comments towards me when I'm trying to be friendly towards them. It's usually a good idea to get to know someone, and understand their sense of humour before kidding around with them. It's that type of joke that doesn't really make you seem like a cool guy.

I wouldn't change my sense of humour to suit others, especially on a forum.  It wasn't a snidey comment, I was messing about, and didn't realise you were touchy about the subject.  And getting so wound up about one silly comment, that you go into crazy mode and try and get me de-eldered again, thats silly.  I already asked odeon to just de-elder me if it shuts people up about it.  I wasn't making fun of you in a nasty way, I believe you that you're a good goalkeeper, just needs good reactions and to be  :viking:

Scrapheap

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2011, 05:10:46 PM »
How can I increase my disc golf driving distance. I seem to be mired at the 300 foot range.  :-[

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2011, 05:16:18 PM »
How can I increase my disc golf driving distance. I seem to be mired at the 300 foot range.  :-[

Disc?  And you only measure in feet, when putting.  :P

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2011, 05:19:25 PM »

I wouldn't change my sense of humour to suit others, especially on a forum.  It wasn't a snidey comment, I was messing about, and didn't realise you were touchy about the subject.  And getting so wound up about one silly comment, that you go into crazy mode and try and get me de-eldered again, thats silly.  I already asked odeon to just de-elder me if it shuts people up about it.  I wasn't making fun of you in a nasty way, I believe you that you're a good goalkeeper, just needs good reactions and to be  :viking:

My reaction has nothing to do with the subject. You would have got the same reaction if you'd mentioned the colour of my hair, or any other silly comment. It's the fact that it sounded a bit snidey.

Maybe you are a decent guy. Sadly, I'm struggling to see it.

Seriously Benji. Instead of trying to be funny, why don't you try and show us that you really are a nice, and genuine guy. I can't speak for anybody else, but if you make an effort to be nice, I'll be nice to you. I done it with Penty when he started to make an effort. Maybe we could even end up getting along  :viking: