Author Topic: benjimanbreeg's special needs sport coaching thread  (Read 1758 times)

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
benjimanbreeg's special needs sport coaching thread
« on: May 26, 2011, 11:46:45 AM »
Please feel free to ask for any tips or advice about sport.  The main ones being- golf, football, tennis, cricket, boxing, badminton and table tennis.  If your problem is, having no control over your arms and legs, then sorry, thats not my field  :autism:
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: benjimanbreeg's special needs sport coaching thread
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 11:55:05 AM »
Please feel free to ask for any tips or advice about sport.  The main ones being- golf, football, tennis, cricket, boxing, badminton and table tennis.  If your problem is, having no control over your arms and legs, then sorry, thats not my field  :autism:

Who do you think will win the French Open, both mens and womens, and do you think Andy Murray will ever win a Grand Slam event?

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 01:02:28 PM »
Who is your favourite boxer, not necessarily the most titled, but the one most entertaining to watch?
blah blah blah

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 03:46:30 PM »

Who do you think will win the French Open, both mens and womens, and do you think Andy Murray will ever win a Grand Slam event?

I had a little each way bet on Fed, cause he seems to be flying under the radar.  Though its hard to looks past serbinator and Rafa.  Also Murray is looking good on clay, and should've ended serbinator's run the other day, which i'd bet on, but he had match points, and bottled it  >:(  I think if he's gonna win a major, he needs to stop switching coaches, and having all these people around him, like his evil looking mother.  He gets too angry with himself when he makes mistakes, and is too tentative when it really matters.  The main thing I blame is the British press.  They make out all our sport stars to be phenom's before they've even achieved anything, then when they fail, they come crashing down on them.  Murray shouldn't give a fuck what they write or think, or worry about his image.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 03:52:44 PM »
Who is your favourite boxer, not necessarily the most titled, but the one most entertaining to watch?

Muhammed Ali or Chris Eubank  :green:  I know a lot of people hate Eubank, but he never lost easily, and was a true warrior.  When he got straight up, to knock down Michael Watson, that was unbelievable, just so tragic what Happened to Watson, another warrior  :viking:  Considering they told him he'd never walk again, and then he goes and complete's the marathon.  And Marciano is another of my favourites, the only underfeated Heavyweight champion in history.  I read the book about him, its brilliant.  He's got all this money hidden still, no one knows where it is.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 04:17:43 PM »
I cant see past Djokovic or Nadal. Id be surprised to seeFederer win, and I think Murray will get thrashed by Nadal if he even gets as far as the semi. I know Murray looks like he should get to the semi easily, because he is in an easy quarter of the draw, but I think he's too inconsistant on clay, and thats why I dont think he'll evet win the French.

I do agree that he needs to stop changing coaches. A year or so ago, I thought he was a far better prospect than Djokovic, but Djokovic has now left him standing, and with Del Potro returning to fitnessI  can see Murray struggling to win majors. I hope Im wrong, and Id like to think that if Murray stays healthy he can win at least one major.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 04:29:10 PM »
I like Rafa, I play a bit like him.  Murray is too inconsistant on any surface, but he's given djork and rafa a close game recently.  And he doesn't expect to win the french, could work in his favour.

I think Djokovic has changed his diet or something, thats the difference.  His temperament seems so much better, he was a bit like murray.  I saw him play against Haas at wimbledon 2 years ago, he was useless.  I forgot about Del Potro.  I think if Murray won one, he could go on to win more.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 05:04:49 PM »
I like Rafa, I play a bit like him.  Murray is too inconsistant on any surface, but he's given djork and rafa a close game recently.  And he doesn't expect to win the french, could work in his favour.

I think Djokovic has changed his diet or something, thats the difference.  His temperament seems so much better, he was a bit like murray.  I saw him play against Haas at wimbledon 2 years ago, he was useless.  I forgot about Del Potro.  I think if Murray won one, he could go on to win more.

Yes, the first one will be the hardest.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 05:17:29 PM »

He could end up being another Tiger Tim though  :LOL:  I dunno why they called him a tiger, he was such a pussy.  There's only one Tiger  :viking:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 05:28:15 PM »

He could end up being another Tiger Tim though  :LOL:  I dunno why they called him a tiger, he was such a pussy.  There's only one Tiger  :viking:

Yes, I worry that he will be another Timmy, or Colin Montgomerie as well.

Timmy just wasn't good enough to win a major though. There was always just a few players that were too good for him. He could beat most players and maintain a good ranking, but he just couldn't beat Sampras or Federer.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 05:54:25 PM »
I'm glad monty never won a major, he's a pratt.  He wouldn't give a signature.  I got Martin Kaymer's though, and he's been world number 1

He had his chances, he just bottled it.  He did beat Fed, Fed wasn't really dominating while henman was around.  Henman would just lose to the first decent player he played, like in the quater's or semi's.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 06:17:03 PM »
I'm glad monty never won a major, he's a pratt.  He wouldn't give a signature.  I got Martin Kaymer's though, and he's been world number 1

He had his chances, he just bottled it.  He did beat Fed, Fed wasn't really dominating while henman was around.  Henman would just lose to the first decent player he played, like in the quater's or semi's.

That's what I mean. There was always a few players who were too good for Timmy. Some people say he didn't have the bottle to win a major. I think he just wasn't quite good enough.

I liked Monty, but he was such a pratt :laugh:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 06:33:05 PM »
who's gonna win on Saturday? :green:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 07:04:06 PM »

Muhammed Ali or Chris Eubank  :green:  I know a lot of people hate Eubank, but he never lost easily, and was a true warrior.  When he got straight up, to knock down Michael Watson, that was unbelievable, just so tragic what Happened to Watson, another warrior  :viking:  Considering they told him he'd never walk again, and then he goes and complete's the marathon.  And Marciano is another of my favourites, the only underfeated Heavyweight champion in history.  I read the book about him, its brilliant.  He's got all this money hidden still, no one knows where it is.

I Have some respect for Eubank just for standing up and saying he was only in it for the money.  Honest.
blah blah blah

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 08:27:29 PM »
who's gonna win on Saturday? :green:

Have to say it'll be Barca. Sorry :ninja: