Educational

Author Topic: Dedication  (Read 911 times)

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Dedication
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2011, 04:35:56 PM »

I am the one that takes urchin out everywhere,  i attend all the meetings about him alone,  i feed him, play with him  -  but you know what..the minute
his daddy breezes in mommy just don't exist :(

He's too young to understand all of that now, but when he gets older, he will. And he will know you have always been there for him.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2011, 05:53:42 AM »

I am the one that takes urchin out everywhere,  i attend all the meetings about him alone,  i feed him, play with him  -  but you know what..the minute

He's too young to understand all of that now, but when he gets older, he will. And he will know you have always been there for him.

Yes, after a while they see a lot more than before. And they can see through the attempts to be popular, and see where it differs from unconditional care and love.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2011, 05:59:27 AM »
they don't call you MidWife for nothing then? :zoinks:

no, seriously it is great that you were so helpful - bet it
was nice bonding with your boy though wasn't it?

Yup.  I luvs him  :pinkbeat:

Aaaaw i bet he looks upto his daddy :thumbup:

Give it time gorgeous. When he is older he will likely be more discerning
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2011, 11:11:29 AM »
they don't call you MidWife for nothing then? :zoinks:

no, seriously it is great that you were so helpful - bet it
was nice bonding with your boy though wasn't it?

Yup.  I luvs him  :pinkbeat:

Aaaaw i bet he looks upto his daddy :thumbup:

I remember when my husband had a job where he was at work away from home every day until about 6 PM.  I was the one who had been with our daughter all day and played with her and fed her and took her to the park and wiped her little nose all day long, but as soon as daddy walked in the door, it was all, "Daddy's home!  Daddy's home!"  I was truly happy that she was so happy to see him, but there was a tiny bit of jealousy there too like the quiet feeling, "What am I, chopped liver?"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2011, 01:36:04 PM »
The PR had a bit of an unusual childhood.  Prince Albert stayed home with her and I went to work.  But part of her autism was that she really didn't go all out when I came home.  However, I was full-time Mom when I was there, so I'd like to think she got the best of both worlds.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: