Educational

Author Topic: IMF chief jailed  (Read 477 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: IMF chief jailed
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 11:02:53 AM »
My Grandmother on my father's side with probably one of the strictest Catholics I have ever known she was a true believer.  She more than anything is what kept the family in the church.

And look at you now, you heathen, all of her hard work for nothing!  :P

She was very angry back when I got married as my wife is not catholic and we didn't have a priest marry us. She would have been 111 two days ago it was another world when she was growing up.  Everyone on my father's side of the family was pure Irish Catholic to the point some still could speak Gaelic but that was back when my father was young.  My mother's side was a German and a English/Irish/Dutch mutt

It really was another world, yes.  Did you ever learn any Gaelic words?  :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: IMF chief jailed
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 11:06:01 AM »
My Grandmother on my father's side with probably one of the strictest Catholics I have ever known she was a true believer.  She more than anything is what kept the family in the church.

And look at you now, you heathen, all of her hard work for nothing!  :P

She was very angry back when I got married as my wife is not catholic and we didn't have a priest marry us. She would have been 111 two days ago it was another world when she was growing up.  Everyone on my father's side of the family was pure Irish Catholic to the point some still could speak Gaelic but that was back when my father was young.  My mother's side was a German and a English/Irish/Dutch mutt

It really was another world, yes.  Did you ever learn any Gaelic words?  :orly:

I knew a couple when I was young but they elude  me now one was for the equivalent of "shut up" :laugh:
I was very very much a Grandma's boy and she would tell all kinds of stories about when she was young
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw