Author Topic: CG to the rescue!  (Read 410 times)

Celticgoddess

CG to the rescue!
« on: April 28, 2011, 01:25:04 PM »
So I did my shift today at the store. Cats are fabulous and everything went smoothly. Come home and see a dog in my front yard and he takes off when I pull in the driveway. It's a brown lab. I see a truck parking across the street and figured it was their dog. It wasn't, he nearly hit him a block over and was trying to catch him. So I go running into my house, grab some turkey out of the fridge and there in the pouring rain, wind whipping around, I am off after a dog I do not know. Long story short, turns out she knows the command "Sit" and will do so for turkey but apparently "stay" is rather lost on her. After an entire package of turkey is gone, I managed to get her by the collar. No tags. Dammit! I get her into this guys truck and we bring her back to my house.

There she is, quite happy on my couch. Although it took some prodding on my behalf to let her know it really was okay that she jump up to sit with me. So she's well cared for, loves kids, could care less about my cat, but obviously is not allowed on the couch at her house. She was pleased as punch that she was allowed on mine! :laugh:

The SPCA picked her up a few minutes ago. They think the owners have called in already. If not, then in 3 days she goes up for adoption. If I wasn't going through a horrific divorce, I'd bring her home myself. But the guy who helped me catch her also wants her if the owners don't come forth.

midlifeaspie

Re: CG to the rescue!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 02:02:04 PM »
 :plus:

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 02:04:27 PM »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 02:05:18 PM »
That's awesome CG :plus:

She's gorgeous

At least she will go to someone then if the owners don't come, if the other guy wants her

A local cat I am friends with is the same with the couch - obviously not allowed on it at home and won't willingly go on ours when she comes in with me

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 02:08:30 PM »

Good to have nice people around :thumbup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Celticgoddess

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 02:11:14 PM »
She was so, so, soooo sweet. After peeing in my backyard, and cleaning up crumbs on my kitchen floor with a good round of licks, it was time for a snooze by my feet. She followed monkeyboy around everywhere (especially when she realized he was making hotdogs for lunch) and he found all of that comical because he doesn't remember being around dogs. My ex hates them so we never had one but when he was a baby my parents had a black lab. So it was a new experience for him. I couldn't believe that when the spca picked her up, I came back into my house and cried. Then I realized it was because I wanted them to take my ex and leave the dog.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 02:15:47 PM »
:hug:

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 02:38:08 PM »
Don't you just love those expressive eyes some dogs have. Well, she really has on the pic.

Hope either you or the guy that helped get the dog when the owners don't turn up. If it's not you than hope the helping dude lives nearby so you can see the dog regularly.

Anyway, good deed, CG.  :2thumbsup:
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

eris

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 02:47:39 PM »
That's really sweet of you, most people wouldnt bother.  :clap:

Psychophant

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 03:12:12 PM »
She was so, so, soooo sweet. After peeing in my backyard, and cleaning up crumbs on my kitchen floor with a good round of licks, it was time for a snooze by my feet. She followed monkeyboy around everywhere (especially when she realized he was making hotdogs for lunch) and he found all of that comical because he doesn't remember being around dogs. My ex hates them so we never had one but when he was a baby my parents had a black lab. So it was a new experience for him. I couldn't believe that when the spca picked her up, I came back into my house and cried. Then I realized it was because I wanted them to take my ex and leave the dog.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 05:55:31 PM »
      :plus:  for saving that sweet pooch, you make the world better.  :hug:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 06:00:35 PM »
When I was at the park once about to go home I saw a dog on his own, and it was hilarious coz he was barking and this girl got scared and stood on ths seat at the bus stop :laugh:

I tried to go and get him but I was with Lily and when I went round the corner where he seemed to have gone, I couldn't find him anymore

The girl at the bus stop was funny though

and I'm sure the dog was fine. I think he escaped from a house on that road

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 06:01:02 PM »

Wonder how you could have talked them into it?  

It would have been funny to see the ex in the back of their truck and put up for adoption in three days if nobody showed up to claim him.

;D

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 06:04:23 PM »

It would have been funny to see the ex in the back of their truck and put up for adoption in three days if nobody showed up to claim him.

;D

I wonder what type of dog her ex would be?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 06:05:52 PM »

;D

I wonder what type of dog her ex would be?

No type.  He'd be the SPCA's token human-of-the-month!  :evillaugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"