Author Topic: People's views regarding transpeople  (Read 14878 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: People's views regarding transpeople
« Reply #675 on: May 03, 2011, 12:45:24 AM »
There was two blank lines after my reply to him. I just didn't quote you afterwards.

I'm just going into philosophy here and seriously questioning you. Will you not humour me? This is not about arguing. Should I start a thread for this instead?
You brought up the subject, and that happens to be another topic I like talking about.

Finish the callout with Al first. If there is something left from your arguments, or you, then by all means start a callout. Just make sure that you don't revive the topics you already lost against Al because that's just, well, tiresome.

:deadhorse:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #676 on: May 03, 2011, 12:53:12 AM »
How is my preferring definitions I think are unambiguous the same as fighting dirty? How is that the same as attacking someone's gender?

Oh, and your inability to give a straight answer to the simple Mowgli question and instead qualifying everything ad nauseum sounds very PC to me.

Nope. The further qualifications are to remove ambiguity, and your simplified definitions, by the nature of simplification, are imprecise.

Beyond that, it's about subtext. So long as you refuse to acknowledge such a thing, we will never come to agreement.
That said she will have a go at it. She dresses up silly notions to make them almost look legitimate though and that is something Hadron srives for but doesn't come close to doing.
And finally, I suspect that nothing I can say here would make you change your opinions re me and what I'm saying. You tend to go after me and Callaway more often than not, and this is not an exception.

Yep. I often disagree with both of your stances on things. I also find your communication styles limiting and unpleasant. Hence, more conflict.

That and the fact that you and Hadron are contrary in most discussions here and take the path less traveled in discussions.
The big difference is that Hadron looks like he confuses himself when he does it. You do it rather a lot better.
I think you do it to shit-stir and you like the intellectual exercise of taking a strong opposition to things. I personally find it interesting and like watching you come in to play.

Hadron does it with everyone. Pyraxis is more selective so as a shit-stirrer she is rather limited. She doesn't like me or Callaway and it shows. I'd be more impressed if she did the same with others and even more so if she had a leg to stand on.

Yes but Hadron for all his ego stoking as to being intellectual is fucking hopeless.
You are right about Pyraxis being selective who she targets. You are right about not having a leg to stand on but then that comes with shit-stirring. She does manage to dress up a silly notion and pads it well enough to almost pass it for a clever idea. This is something Hadron tries for and fails miserably at. That she doesn't manage it is neither here nor there. I think she does very well. End result of a dressed up silly notion is under scrutiny it will show itself as silly, but I find it interesting how she works this. She is trying to be provocative.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Rissy

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #677 on: May 03, 2011, 01:19:50 AM »
Lol~ But I did agree with you Al. I'm not going to hide what I think. Most of your objection to me is misunderstanding. I speak my mind and accept that I'm prone to error. I don't accept untrue criticism though.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #678 on: May 03, 2011, 05:10:40 AM »
How is my preferring definitions I think are unambiguous the same as fighting dirty? How is that the same as attacking someone's gender?

Oh, and your inability to give a straight answer to the simple Mowgli question and instead qualifying everything ad nauseum sounds very PC to me.

Nope. The further qualifications are to remove ambiguity, and your simplified definitions, by the nature of simplification, are imprecise.

Beyond that, it's about subtext. So long as you refuse to acknowledge such a thing, we will never come to agreement.
That said she will have a go at it. She dresses up silly notions to make them almost look legitimate though and that is something Hadron srives for but doesn't come close to doing.
And finally, I suspect that nothing I can say here would make you change your opinions re me and what I'm saying. You tend to go after me and Callaway more often than not, and this is not an exception.

Yep. I often disagree with both of your stances on things. I also find your communication styles limiting and unpleasant. Hence, more conflict.

That and the fact that you and Hadron are contrary in most discussions here and take the path less traveled in discussions.
The big difference is that Hadron looks like he confuses himself when he does it. You do it rather a lot better.
I think you do it to shit-stir and you like the intellectual exercise of taking a strong opposition to things. I personally find it interesting and like watching you come in to play.

Hadron does it with everyone. Pyraxis is more selective so as a shit-stirrer she is rather limited. She doesn't like me or Callaway and it shows. I'd be more impressed if she did the same with others and even more so if she had a leg to stand on.

Yes but Hadron for all his ego stoking as to being intellectual is fucking hopeless.
You are right about Pyraxis being selective who she targets. You are right about not having a leg to stand on but then that comes with shit-stirring. She does manage to dress up a silly notion and pads it well enough to almost pass it for a clever idea. This is something Hadron tries for and fails miserably at. That she doesn't manage it is neither here nor there. I think she does very well. End result of a dressed up silly notion is under scrutiny it will show itself as silly, but I find it interesting how she works this. She is trying to be provocative.

She is trying to, yes, but it hurts her credibility and in the end she is nothing more than a shit-stirrer.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #679 on: May 03, 2011, 05:31:04 AM »
From Sir Les's callout:

I only came hear judging odeon. And I'm constantly making judgements to understand people.

Moving goalposts again.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #680 on: May 03, 2011, 09:58:59 AM »
Odeon I hope this isn't too personal a question , if it is just say and I'll delete and apologise if needs be.

If one of your children decided they were trans (obviously when they are much older) , and wanted you to refer them as the opposite gender , would you refer to them as their desired gender?

I'm not attempting to bring emotions into this i'm just  genuinely curious.  :)
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #681 on: May 03, 2011, 10:01:47 AM »
You guys are so gay.  ;D
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #682 on: May 03, 2011, 10:26:33 AM »
You guys are so gay.  ;D

My sides are split with your sheer comic wit.

(OMG IT RHYMED  :autism:)
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #683 on: May 03, 2011, 10:27:35 AM »
You guys are so gay.  ;D

My sides are split with your sheer comic wit.

(OMG IT RHYMED  :autism:)

Gayness reaching critical mass.  :o
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #684 on: May 03, 2011, 10:49:24 AM »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #685 on: May 03, 2011, 01:40:37 PM »
Odeon I hope this isn't too personal a question , if it is just say and I'll delete and apologise if needs be.

If one of your children decided they were trans (obviously when they are much older) , and wanted you to refer them as the opposite gender , would you refer to them as their desired gender?

Excellent question.

I honestly don't know. I would probably try but I doubt it would be easy.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #686 on: May 03, 2011, 02:29:06 PM »

Excellent question.

Ok thanks for answering.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #687 on: May 03, 2011, 02:50:42 PM »
I guess it's something I will only find out if it happens.

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #688 on: May 03, 2011, 04:55:40 PM »
I guess it's something I will only find out if it happens.

Just bring 'em up properly and you needn't worry  ;)
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Celticgoddess

« Reply #689 on: May 03, 2011, 05:01:09 PM »

Excellent question.

Interesting question and good on ya for an honest answer, Odeon.