Author Topic: People's views regarding transpeople  (Read 15601 times)

Offline Rissy

• Part of the Chaos
Re: People's views regarding transpeople
« Reply #570 on: April 29, 2011, 05:39:18 PM »
Looks to me like you're saying it with such hollowness and no consideration for what renaeden has been going through because of you. You freely admit and accept it's entirely your fault, fine. But you do realize exactly what you've done to her, right?
Are you suggesting that renaeden needs such a terrible person in her life? Do you want to list everything she's done wrong to her? Is there a point to bringing it up, or are you just acting like what people are making me out to be?

GalileoAce

« Reply #571 on: April 29, 2011, 05:41:42 PM »
But you do realize exactly what you've done to her, right?

More than you will.

Offline Rissy

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #572 on: April 29, 2011, 05:42:33 PM »
Then start backing up your shit.
What do you want backed up? You have to specify which statements you weren't satisfied with?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #573 on: April 29, 2011, 05:54:45 PM »
Then start backing up your shit.
What do you want backed up? You have to specify which statements you weren't satisfied with?

Where to begin... Read the post I made, the one that sent GA into orbit, and tell me exactly how I am seeing transgendered people as inferior to those who aren't simply because I refuse to allow them to redefine what a woman (in GA's case) or a man is. You might also want to explain how I am being disrespectful by not blindly accepting the pronouns you are attempting to shove down in our throats, just because it makes you feel better but me like telling the sky is pink when it is blue. Following the same logic, tell me why you aren't being disrespectful to me for wanting me to go against the definitions I feel match the world I can observe.

A word of advice: don't choose the puppet line of defence re altering the brain because it will make you look daft.

Of course, Al's been asking you to back up the claims you made re trolling and whatnot, and you haven't been doing any of that either.

Mainly, why would you get to define those pronouns when your ideas are based on those of a very small minority?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #574 on: April 29, 2011, 05:59:55 PM »
Looks to me like you're saying it with such hollowness and no consideration for what renaeden has been going through because of you. You freely admit and accept it's entirely your fault, fine. But you do realize exactly what you've done to her, right?
Are you suggesting that renaeden needs such a terrible person in her life? Do you want to list everything she's done wrong to her? Is there a point to bringing it up, or are you just acting like what people are making me out to be?

What are people making you out to be, Rissy? Something more than just an online punching bag?

And isn't it interesting that you're the one suggesting Kayleigh's a terrible person? Not that I disagree or anything. But that makes you a cissexist. :autism:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #575 on: April 29, 2011, 06:07:50 PM »
Who is Rissy? 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #576 on: April 29, 2011, 06:11:12 PM »
Who is Rissy? 

GA's IRL friend.  Rissy says close friend; GA says not so close.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #577 on: April 29, 2011, 06:11:28 PM »
Who is Rissy? 

Some white knight here to defend GA.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #578 on: April 29, 2011, 06:12:56 PM »
 ???  so not GA with a proxy?
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

TheoK

« Reply #579 on: April 29, 2011, 06:18:35 PM »
GA should learn to be :arrr: :viking:

GalileoAce

« Reply #580 on: April 29, 2011, 06:36:25 PM »
Where to begin... Read the post I made, the one that sent GA into orbit, and tell me exactly how I am seeing transgendered people as inferior to those who aren't simply because I refuse to allow them to redefine what a woman (in GA's case) or a man is. You might also want to explain how I am being disrespectful by not blindly accepting the pronouns you are attempting to shove down in our throats, just because it makes you feel better but me like telling the sky is pink when it is blue. Following the same logic, tell me why you aren't being disrespectful to me for wanting me to go against the definitions I feel match the world I can observe.

Linguistically speaking a pronoun is a placeholder for a name. So instead of "Odeon", we could say "he". In the sentence the "he" refers to you. Thus it's your pronoun. Just as Odeon is your name. To refer to you as she or it or they or any other pronoun would be disrespecting you, in the same way as deliberating calling you by a name that is not your own. The pronoun is a placeholder for the name of the subject. It is not a placeholder applied by the 3rd party, but rather it is intrinsic to the person to whom it refers.

I am Kayleigh. I am a female for social purposes. It's appropriate to refer to me using feminine pronouns as that is my identity. And as they are my pronouns I have the right to decide what they should and should not be, just as you would yourself.

This has nothing to do with perception or definition, but rather identity. I identify as a female. I do not identify as a male.

On the matter of definition I would suggest that you expand your horizons a little to include intersex people, and the recent research studies into the 5 sexes. The definitions of "man" and/or "woman" are not as clear cut as you seem to understand them to be.

To apply a wholly physical definition of woman (or man for that matter) is not only factually inaccurate, but it also disrespects not only trans people, but also intersex people, and women (or men) in general. You narrow the definition and restrict the freedom of identification. What starts out as a logically reasoned opinion quickly becomes a sexist attitude.

GalileoAce

« Reply #581 on: April 29, 2011, 06:36:54 PM »
???  so not GA with a proxy?

Why would I do that?

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #582 on: April 29, 2011, 06:38:49 PM »

Linguistically speaking a pronoun is a placeholder for a name. So instead of "Odeon", we could say "he". In the sentence the "he" refers to you. Thus it's your pronoun. Just as Odeon is your name. To refer to you as she or it or they or any other pronoun would be disrespecting you, in the same way as deliberating calling you by a name that is not your own. The pronoun is a placeholder for the name of the subject. It is not a placeholder applied by the 3rd party, but rather it is intrinsic to the person to whom it refers.

I am Kayleigh. I am a female for social purposes. It's appropriate to refer to me using feminine pronouns as that is my identity. And as they are my pronouns I have the right to decide what they should and should not be, just as you would yourself.

This has nothing to do with perception or definition, but rather identity. I identify as a female. I do not identify as a male.

On the matter of definition I would suggest that you expand your horizons a little to include intersex people, and the recent research studies into the 5 sexes. The definitions of "man" and/or "woman" are not as clear cut as you seem to understand them to be.

To apply a wholly physical definition of woman (or man for that matter) is not only factually inaccurate, but it also disrespects not only trans people, but also intersex people, and women (or men) in general. You narrow the definition and restrict the freedom of identification. What starts out as a logically reasoned opinion quickly becomes a sexist attitude.

What studies? Do you have links?
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #583 on: April 29, 2011, 06:46:23 PM »

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #584 on: April 29, 2011, 06:53:29 PM »

I thought you left i2 already. Can you kindly please continue getting the fuck out?