Author Topic: People's views regarding transpeople  (Read 15588 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: People's views regarding transpeople
« Reply #555 on: April 29, 2011, 05:17:27 PM »
and yes I know I'm no artist :P

it's a fun way to waste time though. my little aspie cousin used to love copying my drawings

Actually you are brilliant. It's not always just about the mechanical skills, you know.

thanks. my family like my drawings for the expressions on the faces and things like that, but with family I often just assume they're deluded/misguided out of love for me :laugh:

I think it would be awesome to be really good at drawing. Proper drawing I mean. little cartoony stuff is fun though, and makes for easy doodling when you're meant to be doing other things lol

I think what makes your drawings so awesome is the intelligence behind them. Yes, sure, great drawing skills can sometimes make a difference but I'd pick brains over mechanics any time.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #556 on: April 29, 2011, 05:19:32 PM »
4 guests on this post now.  The sister-sexual brigade must be out in full force  :viking:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #557 on: April 29, 2011, 05:19:36 PM »
and yes I know I'm no artist :P

it's a fun way to waste time though. my little aspie cousin used to love copying my drawings

Actually you are brilliant. It's not always just about the mechanical skills, you know.

thanks. my family like my drawings for the expressions on the faces and things like that, but with family I often just assume they're deluded/misguided out of love for me :laugh:

I think it would be awesome to be really good at drawing. Proper drawing I mean. little cartoony stuff is fun though, and makes for easy doodling when you're meant to be doing other things lol

I think what makes your drawings so awesome is the intelligence behind them. Yes, sure, great drawing skills can sometimes make a difference but I'd pick brains over mechanics any time.

:agreed:   Soph's drawings are imaginative and endearing.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #558 on: April 29, 2011, 05:19:42 PM »
Get off the high horses before you fall off. You have no idea of how to ride.
Why do you care if I call you cissexist?

I don't. I think you have no legs to stand on but are filled with the kind of self-importance I usually only see in very religious people, and they are always fun to use as target practice.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #559 on: April 29, 2011, 05:20:57 PM »
Please keep it up, Al hasn't even warmed up yet and I really do enjoy watching once he does.  :zoinks:

I am warming the popcorn as we speak. :popcorn:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Rissy

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #560 on: April 29, 2011, 05:21:07 PM »
You still don't get it, do you?  Even after you have been told over and over and over.  Nobody cares what you call anybody.  You are target practice.  You are a little bit of fun for as long as you last.  Nobody cares about your agenda, you are simply something to argue with that has the added bonus of being really bad at it. 
Fun, isn't it?
I don't have an agenda here though, just random crticising.

eris

« Reply #561 on: April 29, 2011, 05:21:48 PM »
^^ its not really random

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #562 on: April 29, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »
Troll isn't really the right word, but I'm using it in the same context you applied to me
Just curious.  Are you the friend at whose house GA spent the night on February 13, 2009, which was the night before renaeden's birthday?
I have absolutely no idea. Probably not. I don't see her much.

I'm not calling you a troll, but I do think that you came here primarily over a single issue.

Are you one of GA's friends from the Freedom Centre?  

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #563 on: April 29, 2011, 05:22:18 PM »
So are you going to back up the claim that I'm hostile?
I'm still being friendly and playful with everyone here. I'm only annoying.

I can't tell who you are talking to.  I have never called you hostile, only boring and self-important.
So are you going to back up the claim that I'm hostile?
I'm still being friendly and playful with everyone here. I'm only annoying.

I can't tell who you are talking to.  I have never called you hostile, only boring and self-important.
And you don't troll these forums too  ::)

Nope.  I am friendly with just about everyone here  :asthing:
Implying I'm being unfriendly

Nope, implying that you just don't get it.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #564 on: April 29, 2011, 05:23:40 PM »
You still don't get it, do you?  Even after you have been told over and over and over.  Nobody cares what you call anybody.  You are target practice.  You are a little bit of fun for as long as you last.  Nobody cares about your agenda, you are simply something to argue with that has the added bonus of being really bad at it. 
Fun, isn't it?

No, it's not that much fun. You won't join the ranks of the great trolls of this board, ever.

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #565 on: April 29, 2011, 05:26:22 PM »
Fun, isn't it?

You don't know the definition of agenda or random.  This is almost becoming unfair.   :(

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #566 on: April 29, 2011, 05:26:32 PM »
I don't quite meant that. I just mean that she shouldn't of married her because she is trans. I'm pretty sure it was a mutual enough relationship, but of course transitioning is going to hurt people. Putting on a facade for others and then finally shattering what people thought about you is obviously hard on others. It's like finding out that you were lied to by your spouse. If they meant to be together, Kayleigh should of started transitioning first.

I wasn't fully aware of being trans at the point, I knew I had gender issues, which I thought I dealt with when I saw a psychiatrist who told me it was just learned behaviour and I should stop reinforcing it by doing whatever I was doing. So I buried it, ignored, just as I had done the years prior to seeing the psych.

Had I been aware of being transgender, and hadn't transitioned by that point (for whatever reason) I definitely would've advised renaeden to perhaps reconsider a relationship with me, let alone marriage.

What happened with our relationship is entirely my own fault. I freely admit and accept that.

Looks to me like you're saying it with such hollowness and no consideration for what renaeden has been going through because of you. You freely admit and accept it's entirely your fault, fine. But you do realize exactly what you've done to her, right?

Offline Rissy

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #567 on: April 29, 2011, 05:27:56 PM »
Are you one of GA's friends from the Freedom Centre?  
I've been there at least... I never went there too much and I heard I was banned anyway?

Offline Rissy

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #568 on: April 29, 2011, 05:31:46 PM »
No, it's not that much fun. You won't join the ranks of the great trolls of this board, ever.
I'm not trolling

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #569 on: April 29, 2011, 05:34:45 PM »
I'm not trolling

Then start backing up your shit.

- Albert Einstein