Author Topic: People's views regarding transpeople  (Read 15614 times)

Offline Rissy

• Part of the Chaos
Re: People's views regarding transpeople
« Reply #525 on: April 29, 2011, 03:43:37 PM »
I know you aren't arguing with me. It's mostly Swearengen who likes this topic.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #526 on: April 29, 2011, 03:45:57 PM »
I know you aren't arguing with me. It's mostly Swearengen who likes this topic.

If your intention is to stick around until Al stops arguing with you, then  :welcome: to I2.  I hope you brought extra clothes and something comfortable to sit on.  You aren't ever leaving. 

Ever.

Offline Rissy

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #527 on: April 29, 2011, 03:47:49 PM »
That's not misogynistic at all. :zoinks:
Only if I was aiming it at women. As it happens I'm aiming it at women, men and other. So no sexism involved~

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #528 on: April 29, 2011, 03:56:04 PM »
That's not misogynistic at all. :zoinks:
Only if I was aiming it at women. As it happens I'm aiming it at women, men and other. So no sexism involved~

For your information, I don't think that people earn respect with disrespectful behavior. I've already said that. But if you're disrespectful, you can't really complain someone else is, maybe you should be the one to grow up first. It's not even about Kayleigh, think about transpeople in general, if you're publically saying things that would offend transpeople, that is obviously botty-burp, regardless of whether you care. You know the original link? That had a lot of comments that sounded racist about the attackers. I totally call them out on racism there and I'm caucasian. The very issue here is botty-burp and plenty of the louder people here ARE cissexist. I'm just saying that being cissexist is an act of discrimination. I'm not arguing that people are transphobic so going on about that is pointless. I'm only calling botty-burp. And some of you accept that you're cissexist, which is your choice to make.
odeon:You talk about me judging people, but what if i went around making sexist, racist and pansexist comment, I'm sure you'd judge me. I'm here for the argument. Judging you is something I can do without typing a single key. I'm sure there's some argument we agree on and I could respect you for that, but I don't respect your view on transsexualism and I'm arguing against your comments.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

GalileoAce

« Reply #529 on: April 29, 2011, 03:56:53 PM »

Offline Rissy

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #530 on: April 29, 2011, 04:02:14 PM »
I never made the claim that I'm not an offensive bitch at times. In fact I'm offensive a lot of the time. Usually only for tasteless jokes though.
I was only playing anyway and I'm sure you can appreciate the humor. If I'm offending anyone go ahead and say it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 04:04:02 PM by Rissy »

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #531 on: April 29, 2011, 04:03:38 PM »
I never made the claim that I'm not an offensive bitch at times. In fact I'm offensive a lot of the time. Usually only for tasteless jokes though.
I was only playing anyway

So you don't have an argument? You can hardly criticize us for being offensive if you admit to being an "offensive bitch" yourself.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #532 on: April 29, 2011, 04:06:10 PM »
I was only playing anyway

So you don't have an argument? You can hardly criticize us for being offensive if you admit to being an "offensive bitch" yourself.

Yeah, I thought that was the crux of your argument.  We are being offensive through the diabolical switching of pronouns.

Offline Rissy

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #533 on: April 29, 2011, 04:13:15 PM »
Why? I'm not telling you not be offensive, I'm just criticising you for it. Just like you're allowed to criticise me when I'm being offensive. I may tell you that I don't care too.

And I don't expect to leave until I get bored. I did say that earlier. If I was just here to attack this thread I wouldn't post elsewhere.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 04:23:42 PM by Rissy »

eris

« Reply #534 on: April 29, 2011, 04:23:16 PM »
Why? I'm not telling you not be offensive, I'm just criticising you for it. Just like you're allowed to criticise me when I'm being offensive. I may tell you that I don't care too.

So, you're pretty much admitting to being a hypocrite ?

GalileoAce

« Reply #535 on: April 29, 2011, 04:26:18 PM »
I don't quite meant that. I just mean that she shouldn't of married her because she is trans. I'm pretty sure it was a mutual enough relationship, but of course transitioning is going to hurt people. Putting on a facade for others and then finally shattering what people thought about you is obviously hard on others. It's like finding out that you were lied to by your spouse. If they meant to be together, Kayleigh should of started transitioning first.

I wasn't fully aware of being trans at the point, I knew I had gender issues, which I thought I dealt with when I saw a psychiatrist who told me it was just learned behaviour and I should stop reinforcing it by doing whatever I was doing. So I buried it, ignored, just as I had done the years prior to seeing the psych.

Had I been aware of being transgender, and hadn't transitioned by that point (for whatever reason) I definitely would've advised renaeden to perhaps reconsider a relationship with me, let alone marriage.

What happened with our relationship is entirely my own fault. I freely admit and accept that.

Offline Rissy

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #536 on: April 29, 2011, 04:30:21 PM »
So, you're pretty much admitting to being a hypocrite ?
Depends on what we're talking about. I'm sure I can be a hypocite about something. But I'm not telling people they can't criticise me. I'm just in the act of criticising. Defending myself might be a good conversation too, but only if I objected to what people were saying. I have no problem with being vilified with truthful statements.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #537 on: April 29, 2011, 04:41:06 PM »

And I don't expect to leave until I get bored. I did say that earlier. If I was just here to attack this thread I wouldn't post elsewhere.

You don't post elsewhere.  You already admitted to trolling elsewhere, and I haven't seen anything useful added to any other conversations.  You want to eat dick and fuck the royal family, did I miss anything else of substance?

Offline Rissy

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #538 on: April 29, 2011, 04:48:32 PM »
And you don't troll these forums too  ::)

midlifeaspie

« Reply #539 on: April 29, 2011, 04:53:58 PM »
And you don't troll these forums too  ::)

Nope.  I am friendly with just about everyone here  :asthing: